• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

I haven't seen The Soup in a while but I did always like the hosts, especially Joel McHale. As far a clip compilation shows go, I like The Soup better than Tosh.0.

Tosh.0 has some gross out humor with people's weird illnesses that's kind of disgusting to watch sometimes.

I h ate Tosh.0, he's not funny at all and I don't understand what the appeal of him is. Plus they do show some pretty gross clips on there without any warning what so ever that make me want to throw up. The humor on there is so juvenile it's difficult to watch.

Yeah, he's also said some pretty nasty things in that "oh I'm just being controversial, I don't really mean it" sort of way that just irritates me.

#22 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

I enjoy watching The Soup from time to time. I love how Joel speaks of serious issues as if they were a punch line  :lol: . I'd rather watch him than watch Tosh O! Tosh O tries way to hard to make things funny, whereas Joel effortlessly makes you smile or laugh your but off!

#23 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

What's up with these news style segments they are doing on The Soup now? I think they are called The Soup Investigates. While I applaud them for trying something new with the format of the show, I'm not sure if I like this new format. It seems like it's trying to be sort of like The Daily Show or Colber Report, but the subject matter doesn't really fit well with the tone of the show.

I am amazed at some of the guests that they still manage to get on there, especially when they are the but of the jokes. I was cracking up when Kathie Lee and Hoda were on there with their glasses of wine.

#24 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

I like Tosh.0 better than The Soup because I like the rude, brutal troll humor. I definitely wish this forum had a Comedy Central thread so we could discuss Tosh.0 , Key & Peele, Nathan For You, Workaholics, and Drunk History.

#25 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

I love the Soup but I never really get a chance to watch it much. It's hard to catch up somehow but I watch it whenever I can. I'm not interested in reality shows or rather most of the shows he talks about but Joel makes it interesting with the jokes he comes up with.

#26 FanGirl

FanGirl

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

I love the soup, I have been watching it forever it seems, it's hard now because I can only get some of the clips now and then, I always get a kick out of mankini stuff and the cooking guy is pretty crazy, you know the guy that makes all the stuff over a open fire with a dutch oven. I don't know where they find some of this stuff but it is a hoot.

#27 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:24 AM

I love the Soup but I never really get a chance to watch it much. It's hard to catch up somehow but I watch it whenever I can. I'm not interested in reality shows or rather most of the shows he talks about but Joel makes it interesting with the jokes he comes up with.

The great thing about the Soup is that it's not serialized, so you can just watch one episode whenever and you wouldn't really be missing anything :)

#28 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

I haven't seen The Soup in awhile. I use to watch it almost every Saturday Morning.  I have been watching the show off and on for years now.  I remember when Greg Kenar was the host of the show.  I also rememember when the show was called Talk Soup because it centered on talk shows, but then of course Reality shows became so big and were another place where outrageous things were done.  So, the program was changed to add Reality shows, news programs and even TV Shows like Soap Operas.  

I also like Joel as the host, and I know the two previous host before him.  He does seem to have his comments and reactions down well.  Sometimes just the look on his face is enough to get someone laughing.