• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I've pretty much given up on Glee by now. As much as I love Rachel, I'm a bit pissed off that Glee is still the Rachel Berry show. I want more of Tina, Sam, Artie and the others.

Did you watch the most recent episode? Rachel wasn't even in it at all. It focused more on Finn, the new people, and possibly getting some of the old crew back into the action more again.

This was the best episode. Granted, I'm biased because I do not like Rachel at all, but it was nice to see other people shine.

#2 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yay, thank you Ned!

I can't watch live but I hope people post here. I want to be spoiled rotten!

#3 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Posted Image

#4 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

I am definitely watching Glee tonight as it enters its fourth season. I love this show. I love the actors, the characters and their interpretation of the songs. After watching its pilot episode, I wanted to hug my cousin to thank her for introducing me to the show. :lol I am excited to know how Rachel Berry will fare at NYADA.

#5 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

I know that Glee cannot hope to recapture the awesomeness that was the first season, but I still love this show. As long as Rachel and Kurt are still on it in some capacity, I will continue to watch. The show makes me laugh and cry in equal measure. The new season is no exception. Burt Hummel makes me tear up every time.

And yes, I may have already watched the premiere episode twice tonight... did I mention I love this show?

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Is there any chance of Quinn and Puck hooking up? I'll tune in to see that

#7 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

I had it recorded and will be watching it tomorrow night. I read that the episode had Kate Hudson play the role of Rachel's dance teacher at NYADA and that there will be new faces and talents to keep the 'New Directions' in action.

#8 love2watch

love2watch

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

I am watching it right now on Hulu! I absolutely love this show, and initially I really thought I would hate it. The performers are so talented and they do a good job keeping it fresh.

#9 Viola

Viola

Noob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

What do you all think about where this season is going? I watched the first episode and was really pleasantly surprised with how they're handling the split storylines.

#10 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

What do you all think about where this season is going? I watched the first episode and was really pleasantly surprised with how they're handling the split storylines.

I'm a little worried that Marley will become the new Rachel in terms of song credits. She's lined up to sing a lot. But I'm encouraged by how the are keeping the fan favorites around. I think Mike and Mercedes are scheduled to show up in episode 5. I just can't wait to see Finn.

In a nutshell, I think they started great, but they have a long way to go to keep proving that this will work. But I am optimistic :)

#11 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

I can't explain, but the moment I saw Marley I began to like her immediately. She appeared to me as warm-hearted and sweet and I was touched by her relationship with her mother.

I think the show will do well. I am glad to know that the original characters won't be totally missing in action.

#12 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Has anyone else watched "The Break-up"? Or is everyone huddled in a corner still crying? Great episode with stellar music but so so sad!

#13 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hated it. The only break up that made me sad was Brittany/Santana, and they had the most potential to work things out. I have a really hard time believing that Blaine would cheat on Kurt, and that Rachel would fly all the way back to Ohio to finish things with Finn. The whole episode felt forced, and I wasn't thrilled about the song choices either. Darren Criss had the best performance of the night acting-wise, with Teenage Dream, but it was even more painful to listen to than watch, which isn't a good thing IMO.

#14 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hated it. The only break up that made me sad was Brittany/Santana, and they had the most potential to work things out. I have a really hard time believing that Blaine would cheat on Kurt, and that Rachel would fly all the way back to Ohio to finish things with Finn. The whole episode felt forced, and I wasn't thrilled about the song choices either. Darren Criss had the best performance of the night acting-wise, with Teenage Dream, but it was even more painful to listen to than watch, which isn't a good thing IMO.

Teenage Dream on the show was purposefully painful to listen to, but the version they are selling is gorgeous. I was so mad that they mad Blaine cheat on Kurt after everything that went down in "Dance With Somebody." I'm curious to see where it goes from here though.

#15 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm a little worried that Marley will become the new Rachel in terms of song credits. She's lined up to sing a lot. But I'm encouraged by how the are keeping the fan favorites around.

Do you see that as a bad thing then, if you're worried? She's an amazing singer and like you said, they've set it up for her to be in the limelight already. That seems to be where they're headed with it. They still mix it up and keep everyone singing and active, but some people are always in front.

#16 blackout23

blackout23

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

As much as I want to say this show is not good. I have to admit, that it is very well written and composed. I as a young male want to deny my enjoyment of this show, but in all honesty the show is well worth watching. I hope to catch more episodes in the future, maybe then I can finally show my enjoyment for this show more fully.

#17 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

I don't know exactly how old the Foreigner crew was when Jukebox Hero was released, but I can tell you that young 20-somethings make it sound not-so-great. I think they're much better suited for pop-songs on that show and should leave some songs alone.

#18 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

I loved Rachel/Finn/Kurt/Blaine's take on Don't Speak - their voices really mesh well together.

I've pretty much given up on Glee by now. As much as I love Rachel, I'm a bit pissed off that Glee is still the Rachel Berry show. I want more of Tina, Sam, Artie and the others.

#19 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Did you watch the most recent episode? Rachel wasn't even in it at all. It focused more on Finn, the new people, and possibly getting some of the old crew back into the action more again.

#20 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

I haven't actually. The first 4 episodes were so full of Rachel that I just couldn't handle it anymore so I stopped watching. LOL of course the next episode would be sans Rachel! (These things always happen to me.) Thanks for the heads up!