• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#281 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

I'm actually a Leo! I don't think I'll be putting anything up for public scrutiny any time soon though, lmao. Maybe one day!

A Leo? Well i wasn't far off as far as the chart goes. Leo's are said to be entertainers. They like to be looked at, without it sounding arrogant. Maybe writing and posting it online is not extroverted enough for you :P You are the same star sign as HHH lol. They can be perfectionists in their extroverted craft.

I am currently reading a fantasy Faberry fic. It is fucking amazing. It still captures Quinn and Rachel despite the fact that it is completely AU.

See, this is why I never believe what stars signs have to say. I'm the least entertaining person I know and I hate being looked at! I can see how HHH is a leo though, haha!

Ah, I love AU fics! As long as they're done write and still in character, I sometimes prefer them to canon fic.

#282 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

I'm actually a Leo! I don't think I'll be putting anything up for public scrutiny any time soon though, lmao. Maybe one day!

A Leo? Well i wasn't far off as far as the chart goes. Leo's are said to be entertainers. They like to be looked at, without it sounding arrogant. Maybe writing and posting it online is not extroverted enough for you :P You are the same star sign as HHH lol. They can be perfectionists in their extroverted craft.

I am currently reading a fantasy Faberry fic. It is fucking amazing. It still captures Quinn and Rachel despite the fact that it is completely AU.

See, this is why I never believe what stars signs have to say. I'm the least entertaining person I know and I hate being looked at! I can see how HHH is a leo though, haha!

Ah, I love AU fics! As long as they're done write and still in character, I sometimes prefer them to canon fic.

As far as star signs go, it is not always about how you are here but what you are aspiring towards karmically. So you might be a certain sign in life because that sign encompasses the traits that you want to learn, if that makes sense. Strong lion. A leo. I get bored of all the canon fics. They tend to be the same most of the time. Nothing beats a good AU ;)

#283 AllBuffedUp

AllBuffedUp

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

My Glee shipped pairings has JesseStJames/Rachel on top of the list, because Jon Groff and Lea Michele are darlings together. And Puck/Rachel. And a lot of people/Rachel if the writing is good, actually, even Faberry on a couple of occasions! Bad fics are the worst, yeah. But I have a strategy for this:

1) Check delicious.com for pairings/tags. Faberry is a big hit there, so those who ship this are in luck.

2) Archivesofourown.org is better than Fanfiction.net. Sort by kudos or number of likes.

3) Livejournal is also better than fanfiction.net; more people take care of formatting there!

4) On ffnet, once you find a good author, stalk their works, stalk their favorites!

To those who feel too perfectionist for writing their own fanfictions... Maybe give it a try nevertheless! It's possible to find some beta readers to set you straight and then post a story you are proud of. :)

On a more Glee point -- I've stopped watching a bit after Cory's goodbye episode. I had been annoyed at Murphy's way of running the show ever since season 2, but somehow that episode was great and emotional and I did not want to see more. People, could you tell me if there is some episodes worth seeing after that? I like Rachel. I would hate her maybe if she was a real person in my life, but as it is, I love Lea and her voice and her character. :)

Edited by AllBuffedUp, 28 December 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#284 shaybearlv

shaybearlv

Cordial

• 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:36 AM

On a more Glee point -- I've stopped watching a bit after Cory's goodbye episode. I had been annoyed at Murphy's way of running the show ever since season 2, but somehow that episode was great and emotional and I did not want to see more. People, could you tell me if there is some episodes worth seeing after that? I like Rachel. I would hate her maybe if she was a real person in my life, but as it is, I love Lea and her voice and her character. :)

I stopped watching shortly after that as well.  I don't really care for the direction the show took after adding in all the new characters while trying to continue the storyline with the originals.  I just want the originals because that is the reason I fell in love with the show and in fact, I still jam out to many of their covers done by the original cast! :)  I've convinced myself that I haven't missed anything good and I know it is probably actually true.  However, I may find myself catching up eventually, just because I have dedicated so much time to the show already.  

#285 AllBuffedUp

AllBuffedUp

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

I just want the originals because that is the reason I fell in love with the show and in fact, I still jam out to many of their covers done by the original cast! :)  I've convinced myself that I haven't missed anything good and I know it is probably actually true.  However, I may find myself catching up eventually, just because I have dedicated so much time to the show already.

"Teenage Dream", as sung by Blaine, is one of my favorite songs! Much better than the Katy Perry version if you ask me! :D But maybe I'm biased because I cannot sing in the register Perry sings... But the first season has most of my favorite covers, including Jump! and You Can't Always Get What You Want.

On the other side, I was watching the first three seasons of Gossip Girl and stopped after that, feeling like it would be too much of the same. Never regretted it.

#286 shaybearlv

shaybearlv

Cordial

• 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:12 PM

I just want the originals because that is the reason I fell in love with the show and in fact, I still jam out to many of their covers done by the original cast! :)  I've convinced myself that I haven't missed anything good and I know it is probably actually true.  However, I may find myself catching up eventually, just because I have dedicated so much time to the show already.

"Teenage Dream", as sung by Blaine, is one of my favorite songs! Much better than the Katy Perry version if you ask me! :D But maybe I'm biased because I cannot sing in the register Perry sings... But the first season has most of my favorite covers, including Jump! and You Can't Always Get What You Want.

On the other side, I was watching the first three seasons of Gossip Girl and stopped after that, feeling like it would be too much of the same. Never regretted it.

Oh yes I LOVE Blaine's "Teenage Dream" but I love Blaine's voice period!  Also enjoyed most everything by Lea and Naya.  They just have pure voices and could literally make singing the phonebook sound amazing!  

Also, I love Gossip Girl but did join in that late in the game when it all was on Netflix.  I actually just started watching it again for the third time along with One Tree Hill.  Not ashamed!  They are good shows. :)   

#287 AllBuffedUp

AllBuffedUp

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

Well, Gossip GIrl feels just to me like it runs in circles and the endgame is too obvious to keep me interested. I don't like endgame pairings, their coming together feel often too forced, and then they break up many times over the series just to not become boring, that becomes useless drama for me.

To be honest, I did not like Finn and Rachel and the craze around it, but I must admit that their breakups felt very high-school like, with Finn being a self-centered jerk who was a bit ashamed of the girl in the public cheering him on, and Rachel being a bit futile and going around and kissing Puck and all this. It felt more realistic than the drama other shows bring on, if a bit silly at times.

I loved One Tree Hill! Also not ashamed. I stopped along season 5, I think (or 6? when does Nathan start playing basketball on trampolines?), but the seasons in which they are still in high school are amazing! Also, Chris Keller. Love Tyler Hilton's voice! Have been enjoying his CD in my collection ever since :3

#288 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

Is anyone watching the new and final season of Glee?? I don't even really care about any of the other characters at this point.  I just care about Brittany and Santana getting their happy ending, which it seems like they will with the promo of that proposal, in the next episode :)

#289 AllBuffedUp

AllBuffedUp

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

Is anyone watching the new and final season of Glee?? I don't even really care about any of the other characters at this point.  I just care about Brittany and Santana getting their happy ending, which it seems like they will with the promo of that proposal, in the next episode :)

Not gonna watch. But maybe feel free to spoil us about the good stuff once it passes? XD I'd like to *know* how it goes, and maybe check it out for myself if someone says it's exciting. Yet somehow, I cannot bring myself to care much about watching it as it comes.

#290 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

So many Glee fans - or should I say past Glee fans - feel the way that you do now lol. They have given up on the franchise and will not even watch the last season, much less shell out money for any of the brand's merchandise lol!!! I'm shocked that they have put Rachel and Sam together!!! He has been with every original Glee girl. He is the town bike!!! I am loving all of the brittana scenes though!!! :) 

#291 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

I'm trying to. I have watched a couple episodes but ended up doing laundry and such while they were on. I figure I'll try to finish it out, but I'm more likely to watch several episodes at a time later on instead of watching them as they come out. 

#292 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:16 AM

Ughh this show. Remember when it used to be quirky and fun and not horribly written to be a PSA??? Right now it feels like the writers are doing damage control with the whole brittana proposal, but it's too little too late. Even the dedicated fanbase on tumblr are just sick of it

#293 AllBuffedUp

AllBuffedUp

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

So many Glee fans - or should I say past Glee fans - feel the way that you do now lol. They have given up on the franchise and will not even watch the last season, much less shell out money for any of the brand's merchandise lol!!! I'm shocked that they have put Rachel and Sam together!!! He has been with every original Glee girl. He is the town bike!!! I am loving all of the brittana scenes though!!! :)

Huh, I actually have read a few fics back in the day where Sam and Rachel were getting together.

The first I could find was this one: http://smc-27.livejo....com/59192.html

I remember reading a few others. But actually this news of the pairing makes me curious because now I feel like I have to know how they even arranged this to work out in this way! Urgh. I might end up watching through after all. T__T

#294 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

Well the Brittana and Klaine wedding aired this past week. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and did not think that I would care as much as I did. But I enjoyed the songs, the scenes were hilarious, and the actual wedding scenes were very warming. I was satisfied with Brittana's ending. I could not care less about Klaine though, because they bore the crap out of me.

#295 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:44 AM

I stopped watching shortly after that as well.  I don't really care for the direction the show took after adding in all the new characters while trying to continue the storyline with the originals.  I just want the originals because that is the reason I fell in love with the show and in fact, I still jam out to many of their covers done by the original cast! :)  I've convinced myself that I haven't missed anything good and I know it is probably actually true.  However, I may find myself catching up eventually, just because I have dedicated so much time to the show already.  

I know what you mean, what made this worse was the fact they even aired the auditions and tried to create a short TV show out of that.  I really thought that was so cheap and greedy, so from that moment on I knew Ryan (the creator) was willing to do whatever it could take to stretch the live of that show, even if that meant adding new characters!  So he did, he ruined it for me, because at first I did like the show, but then more and more characters were added... plus a lot weird situations too!   

Glee was a great show back then, to be honest I'd have preferred it to have stopped a while ago instead of going down this direction. I heard it'll be ended soon tho.

#296 AllBuffedUp

AllBuffedUp

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

I know what you mean, what made this worse was the fact they even aired the auditions and tried to create a short TV show out of that.  I really thought that was so cheap and greedy, so from that moment on I knew Ryan (the creator) was willing to do whatever it could take to stretch the live of that show, even if that meant adding new characters!  So he did, he ruined it for me, because at first I did like the show, but then more and more characters were added... plus a lot weird situations too!   

Glee was a great show back then, to be honest I'd have preferred it to have stopped a while ago instead of going down this direction. I heard it'll be ended soon tho.

Season 1 was perfect because it was quirky and dysfunctional. Schue's marriage (I cracked up when they had dinner and talked about ants on the ground) and his wanting to relive his glory through loser kids, completely deft as to Emma's crush -- Finn's oblivious ways, though painted as the good guy, ending up being a jerk on many occasions -- characters that were fun caricatures, with edge and twists, and great voices and drives.

And then it became High School Musical where true love should find a way and where the situations were sort of ridiculous, but in a different, unsatisfying way. Loved season 1, everything after was a mess, I think.

#297 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

Phew! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that really just completely lost interest in this show this season. 

Now that the weddings were mentioned, I think I'll at least go watch that episode. I'm almost content just knowing it happened, though, and not even bothering to watch. Is that bad? Ha.

#298 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

I know right!  It was so cheap, classless and plain greedy to do such a thing!  Way to ruin a show... take advantage of the popularity of the show, to the extent of even trying to create a short TV show with the auditions.  God, that was so low.  You are right, before that I actually took the show more seriously, but after this more and more weird situations and characters were added... to the point it ended up being such a ridiculous show with no credibility.  They lost my respect, not like that mattes, lol, but I'm sure many people think like you and I... now that really matters!

Anyways, I'm glad that show is finally going to die, it's to going to die being the cool show it used to be... but hey, it's better than seeing the show go on and degrading itself and the minorities involved in it.  I've always thought that for a TV show is better to extinguish in a flash like a mighty Phoenix when things are becoming forced... rather than keep prolonging it even after the show no longer has something meaningful to offer. This show ends in a pitiful way, could have gone with more dignity some seasons ago...

#299 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

I don't know exactly how old the Foreigner crew was when Jukebox Hero was released, but I can tell you that young 20-somethings make it sound not-so-great. I think they're much better suited for pop-songs on that show and should leave some songs alone.

I agree with this. My grown kids love this show. I'm not a fan. They do have good taste in music, but unfortunately they tend to butcher the songs, sad to say.

I guess the one good thing is that my kids get exposed to great old music, but they probably won't know how great it is, after this crew gets down with it. lol