• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#21 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Did you watch the most recent episode? Rachel wasn't even in it at all. It focused more on Finn, the new people, and possibly getting some of the old crew back into the action more again.

This was the best episode. Granted, I'm biased because I do not like Rachel at all, but it was nice to see other people shine.

Never understood the fixation on Rachel. Santana sings circles around her

I dislike Lea Michele so that could be my bias

#22 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Did you watch the most recent episode? Rachel wasn't even in it at all. It focused more on Finn, the new people, and possibly getting some of the old crew back into the action more again.

This was the best episode. Granted, I'm biased because I do not like Rachel at all, but it was nice to see other people shine.

Never understood the fixation on Rachel. Santana sings circles around her

I dislike Lea Michele so that could be my bias

I think it was because she was such a quirky person who was outcast. People were able to relate to her and dream of those lost love connections they had in their pasts...and that Rachel had somehow been able to land. It's the "high school dream" to a certain extent, but be entirely yourself, have a dream to pursue, and land your high school sweetheart. And she could sing her butt off. I agree that there are other stars who can sing really well, too, and they don't get as much of the limelight, but that's just the reason why she was pushed to the front, I think.

#23 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

The Thanksgiving episode was decent, but weird in several places.

And I'm actually kind of surprised that they're drawing this bulimia bit out. It's important, but it seems like Glee in the past has tackled a single issue each time. Some of them carry over into multiple episodes (like the pregnancy) and they may get referenced in multiple episodes, but it seems like often times, they only hit one at a time. This one they're using even as a cliffhanger. I don't know how I feel about that.

#24 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

I've always hated the PSAness of Glee but the eating disorder arc may have some dramatic ramification for the group. The problem is that I am not invested in any of the newbies. Marley, Kitty etc

It was nice to see Quinn but the butchering they are doing to the character. Shudder. I love her face offs with Santana. Glee need to hire continuity checkers. Quinn gave the train tickets to Rachel, not the other way around.

Rachel and Kurt are favorite duo on the show. They are the main reason why I love NYC. Bring on Santana and we have a deal

#25 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I've always hated the PSAness of Glee but the eating disorder arc may have some dramatic ramification for the group. The problem is that I am not invested in any of the newbies. Marley, Kitty etc

I actually really hate the Kitty character. It goes far beyond any of the extremes that they had with other characters. She's gone beyond me wanting to slap her....to the point that I just hate any scene that she's in.

It was nice to see Quinn but the butchering they are doing to the character. Shudder. I love her face offs with Santana. Glee need to hire continuity checkers. Quinn gave the train tickets to Rachel, not the other way around.

Oh yeaaahhhhh. You're right, huh? I wonder why they didn't catch that.

#26 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

The Thanksgiving episode was decent, but weird in several places.

I really liked the episode too - I missed the graduates. One thing I didn't like was how they were treating Tina as a newbie (that scene wherein Santana, Quinn and Brittany were teaching the girls the moves). Hello Tina is a national champion too AND has been in the club from the very beginning!

#27 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Man, I miss this show. I got halfway through season 1 and was totally addicted but had to stop watching because I was busy with other things and didn't have time for TV. Then I lost track of what was going on and never stopped watching again. So it's safe to say I'm extremely behind.

I thought of it because a bunch of people on my tumblr feed were complaining about the eating disorder episode. I follow alot of eating disorder girls who are in recovery and they all despised it and said it's a very unrealistic and bullshit view of eating disorders. Now I want to watch the epsiode because I'm curious.

Which character has the eating disorder?

#28 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Marley has the eating disorder: bulemia, starving herself and using laxatives. I don't care for it myself, but I appreciate the fact that it's on there because some kids will see it and realize what a dangerous thing it is.

My issue is that I just don't like the new kids. Their stories are so serous and dramatic too soon, not enough silliness in the show right now. The writers should have focused on the fun for a bit longer before they added in this level of drama, IMO.

The performance of Don't Speak was awesome, the music highlight of the season for me, followed closely by I Need a Hero and There are Worse Things I Could Do from Grease... Yeah, I love musicals.

#29 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

One thing I didn't like was how they were treating Tina as a newbie (that scene wherein Santana, Quinn and Brittany were teaching the girls the moves). Hello Tina is a national champion too AND has been in the club from the very beginning!

I actually didn't see it as a newbie thing at all. I saw it as a cheerleader thing. Santanna, Quinn, and Brittany had all been on the squad together before and therefore had learned how to work together previously. So to leave Tina out of that made sense in my opinion. I can see how Tina ended up being the only undergrad female left out, though.

#30 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hmm, yeah I don't even know who the heck Marley is. Sooo behind, lol.

Are the kids who won the Glee project on there yet? I watched the season where the dude with the dreadlocks won. He was cool and so was the lil Irish kid.

#31 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Are the kids who won the Glee project on there yet? I watched the season where the dude with the dreadlocks won. He was cool and so was the lil Irish kid.

Yep! The ones you watched were on last season. Season 2 Glee Project winners have been showing as well. The runner-up that was a transgender singer in the first season and got a couple episodes worth of prizes....actually ended up getting hired on and is a regular character now, too.

#32 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Yep! The ones you watched were on last season. Season 2 Glee Project winners have been showing as well. The runner-up that was a transgender singer in the first season and got a couple episodes worth of prizes....actually ended up getting hired on and is a regular character now, too.

The guy with the dreads also got a regular spot and I really like him!

The last episode was great as far as music went, especially the last song! I remember that from The Stand, the miniseries they made a while back... which I've seen about a million times. I've got a thing for Larry Underwood :lol:

#33 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Ah, you're right. When I wrote that post, I had forgotten about him. I wasn't sure if he got a full time spot to begin with or if he just got a few extra episodes. He still seems to be holding mostly a backseat role, though, so I'm a little confused why they have kept him on as a permanent character really.

#34 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, they put people in the background all the time. Britney used to barely ever have more than a few words per episode, if that. It was always strange to me. The same goes for Tina, that rich chick (forget her name), and so on. At some point after Quinn had her accident and had come back to school, she was just mysteriously missing for a few episodes. I mean, they could say she was going through physical therapy or something, but no one even mentioned her. It was like she didn't exist.

#35 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I liked Brittany when she had one or two lines per episode. The one time I really enjoyed her was her Britney rendition. That was great and the girl can move. She is a better dancer than Britney herself

As a regular character, her kind of stupid grates but I can take it in small doses. She is better suited as a supporting/recurring character

#36 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Brittany was one of my favorites when I used to watch. I don't know what it is about that girl, but whenever she was dancing on the stage along with everyone else she would always be the one I would look at.

#37 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

I'm having a lot of issues with Glee. I think they have way too many characters on the show and all of the storylines are struggling as a result. The majority of the characters are just used as plot devices and for convenience. I don't think the divide between New York and Mckinley has been working. But I understand the need to keep Rachel & Kurt on the show.

In terms of the new characters, I actually really like the addition of Marley. Her lack of self-esteem can be frustrating at times, but it does make her a more relatable character. Not that Glee is all that grounded to begin with. Nonetheless, I think the eating disorder storyline should be continued because it isn't something you easily recover from.

I have to say Kate Hudson does an amazing job on the show! I also find her character entertaining. On the other hand, I strongly dislike Sarah Jessica Parker's role.

#38 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Oh, I completely 100% agree with you about both Kate Hudson and SJP, Monique. When I saw how Kate could sing and dance, I was floored. I had no idea. She makes a great protagonist, too. It's as if Sue followed Rachel to NY.

I'm so glad Kurt got accepted. The song he sang was so heartfelt it gave me chills! I've always been a fan of him and he just proved yet again how incredibly talented he is (the actor).

#39 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

I'm having a lot of issues with Glee. I think they have way too many characters on the show and all of the storylines are struggling as a result. The majority of the characters are just used as plot devices and for convenience. I don't think the divide between New York and Mckinley has been working. But I understand the need to keep Rachel & Kurt on the show.

Ah ha!!

The lightbulb just clicked on for me. You're right. They just have too many....and splitting between the two places was a logical move to keep the others in the show, but it means being torn in so many different directions. You know the focus is supposed to be on the high school, but you get torn away into Rachel and Kurt's drama instead. I'm not sure it's really working.

#40 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

So....

The Christmas episode completely bored me. It seemed thrown together, trying to tie a little bit of everything in, but not really getting into anything at all. The bit with Marley was completely predictable, too. And really, we're tying in prostate cancer now? Don't we have enough "public service announcement" style topics going on already?