• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#41 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I also don't think Brittany's bump in airtime has anything to do with her sexuality. Like Quirky said, she's earned it by being one of the original crew

Being gay didn't stop then from putting Kurt front and center so I don't understand why that applies to Brittany

#42 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I agree! The Christmas episode was so boring and it really did feel thrown together. The only element I found entertaining was Britney & Sam just being ridiculous. I also don't really like how they are handling Marley's eating disorder. I feel like they are just glossing over it and it does feel a little like I'm watching an after-school special.

Bonny, I'm also happy Kurt got accepted. Also, because hopefully this means SJP's role will be done. But it will be nice to see him performing a lot more.

#43 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

I also don't really like how they are handling Marley's eating disorder.

The bit this time where she says "I know I have a problem. And I want to get better." or whatever it was, didn't seem realistic to me at all. It seems like she went very drastically from the "no problem" to "oh, I admit it and am now recovering" sort of thing out of no where. That's not usually how it goes at all. I'm glad they're going to get her counseling, but at the same time, I'm not buying her issue at all right now.

#44 amyyoh

amyyoh

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Glee seems to be fairly hit and miss for me. At times it is unbearably soap opera-y, though the talent on the show can't be denied. They tackle real problems and i feel as though many kids can find a voice through the show. Bravo to Glee!

#45 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

There's a whole scandal/controversy going on right now because their Baby Got Back remix is very obviously someone else's song. Have you guys heard about it? It's ridiculous. What do you think?

#46 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

There's a whole scandal/controversy going on right now because their Baby Got Back remix is very obviously someone else's song. Have you guys heard about it? It's ridiculous. What do you think?

I don't know why anyone would want to take responsible for it. It is like nails of a chalkboard

CNN wrote about the controversy

#47 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Wow, so many things to say about this show....and yet, oh so little.

I'm glad that Glee tackles tough issues. It's like an afternoon special now, though. Yes, everybody has body issues....but the speech to tell the guy to eat a burger every now and then? So scripted and makes me roll my eyes so hard.

Rachel going topless? Yeah right.

Tina's obsession with Blaine? You're killing me now...

I'm struggling to even let this show play in the background while I work now. It's always annoyed me a bit and made me groan regularly, but ugh. :(

#48 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

/Yawn

/Rage

/Yawn

And really, did Finn go all confident macho man? I feel like I'm back in a situation of "Why do I keep watching this?" Sigh.

#49 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

I actually can't express my disappointment in Glee as a show at the moment. It's almost like the writers have just... given up? Hardly anything makes sense anymore, the characters are no longer themselves from one episode to the next. I think that because the creators were so vested in American Horror Story, that they kind of just couldn't be that bothered with Glee anymore to be honest, and it really shows.

For me, they've ruined my most of favorite couples beyond repair this season too.

#50 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Which couple is that. Rachel and Finn?

I gave up way back when Puck and Quinn went nowhere. They had a baby and then ...... nothing

#51 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Which couple is that. Rachel and Finn?

I gave up way back when Puck and Quinn went nowhere. They had a baby and then ...... nothing

Oh no, not Finn and Rachel.

I've always thought that those two were bad for each other, or that Finn was bad for Rachel rather. He didn't treat her that well did he? Let's face it lol.

I'm talking about Brittany and Santana. I used to love them, and now I've reached the point where I just don't care anymore. Brittany also used to be my favorite character, and they destroyed her this season, in my opinion. So I kind of have no reason to watch the show anymore. But it's kind of like that trainwreck TV that you can't look away from at this point. Who is, or was, your favorite couple?

#52 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Oh, that couple

I used to love Brittany too but they too her dumbness too far. It is wasn't cute anymore when it was all she was. I wonder how she doesn't drool constantly

Brittany, to me, isn't fit to be declared an adult due to her limited intelligence. It feels wrong to me that she'll be in any sexual relationship. She has the maturity of a 6 years old

#53 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Oh, that couple

I used to love Brittany too but they too her dumbness too far. It is wasn't cute anymore when it was all she was. I wonder how she doesn't drool constantly

Brittany, to me, isn't fit to be declared an adult due to her limited intelligence. It feels wrong to me that she'll be in any sexual relationship. She has the maturity of a 6 years old

But then there were those moments where she could be so profound and insightful. That was the Brittany that I fell in love with. It was a different take on 'the dumb blonde' character that so many shows have done in the past. I liked her for that - for the fact that she thought differently, and had her own code of logic that actually turned out to be smarter than conventional logic sometimes. She was most like that when she was with Santana, and now she's jusy this dummy who can't stand to be alive without dating someone.

Don't even get me started on Santana and Quinn lol.

#54 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Santana's outfit at the half-hour mark for the last episode is awesome. I don't usually notice fashion in shows at all, but she immediately looked very...well, New York almost. The boots? Awesome. The skirt (well, dress?) and shirt/jacket worked together for the winter season still. And it just looked really nice on her skin and body shape.

#55 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

So why are they doing the pregnancy thing again? Didn't we already go down that road with the first "perfect girl who got knocked up" in the first season?

There's gotta be a spin. Miscarriage? Maybe she'll keep it? I can't imagine them going the abortion route at all, not with her, but maybe they'll try to stir up some controversy?

#56 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

So why are they doing the pregnancy thing again? Didn't we already go down that road with the first "perfect girl who got knocked up" in the first season?

There's gotta be a spin. Miscarriage? Maybe she'll keep it? I can't imagine them going the abortion route at all, not with her, but maybe they'll try to stir up some controversy?

I feel like Rahcel's character is another character that the Glee writers have just completely ruined. Where is the girl from season 1? I understand character growth and change, but the Glee writers are consistently in consistent in writing these characters. They don't know who they are from one day to the next. Someone like Rachel would never get pregnant like this. Her career and drive are roo strong within her. Gle is stupid. The only reason that it is comedy is because it is so ridiculous, at this point.

#57 BBFanAlways

BBFanAlways

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'd have stopped watching a long time ago if it weren't for NY

Britanny works better as a side character

#58 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

I'd have stopped watching a long time ago if it weren't for NY

Britanny works better as a side character

A lot of people are actually saying that - about the New York thing. Everybody is emphatically stating that for next season, they want the McKinely potrion of the show to be axed, along with all of the new characters. People feel like the new characters are just clones of the old characters, which if you think about it... they kind of all are.

I don't know if I agree with you about Brittany working better as a side character. I had enough interest in that character for her to be a lot more than just a side character in the show, but the writers have done ridiculous things to her character now. It is a bit shady, the way that she has more screen time since she's been dating a boy. But whatever, it's Glee.

Edited by pipergale, 09 March 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#59 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, the new high schoolers are practically the same, but at the same time, don't they pretty much cover every high school stereotype anyway? They can't really axe it, though, or it won't be Glee/glee club any more.

As for Britney getting more screen time now that she's dating a boy? I don't think that's the connection. I think she's getting more screen time this season because she was from the old crew, so she got bumped up in the storyline. She's dating a boy now, too, but I don't think that's the reason.

#60 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, the new high schoolers are practically the same, but at the same time, don't they pretty much cover every high school stereotype anyway? They can't really axe it, though, or it won't be Glee/glee club any more.

As for Britney getting more screen time now that she's dating a boy? I don't think that's the connection. I think she's getting more screen time this season because she was from the old crew, so she got bumped up in the storyline. She's dating a boy now, too, but I don't think that's the reason.

I disagree. When she was with Santana, they hardly even spoke to one another, and it took them how long to begin expressing physical attraction? Within practically the same episode that brittany gets together with Sam, they are kissing, doing cutesy little things, and throughout the entire episode they had more dialogue than Santana and Brittany had throughout the entirety of season 3.

There is a gross double standard on Glee. Gay couples do not get the same treatment as the straight ones, despite being just as and even more popular. Maybe its the network that the show is on, but then at least stop claiming to be revolutionary and ground-breaking for the LGBT community, because you're not.

Edited by pipergale, 10 March 2013 - 06:19 AM.