• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Laguatta's investigation bores me. Can we fast forward to the her Doakes ending now. She will not live if she finds out the truth

I'm guessing you haven't seen last night's episode, at least at the time this was posted. You'll probably really enjoy it! Careful, though. There's gonna be stuff in here that would spoil it for you if you're not up to date!

Okay, so does anyone else think that Deb actually poisoned herself to frame Hannah but the drugs kicked in before she thought they would? My theory:

When she got in Hannah's face and told her that she'd do anything to keep Dexter safe from her, that was my first clue. Deb went on to put the drugs into her own water bottle. She took the water with her on her way to interview Hannah's friend figuring that it would be best to be around someone when the drugs kick in so they could call an ambulance. However, the drugs kicked in super fast the way she took them. Huge risk on Deb's part but I'm thinking she was expecting the drugs to take longer than they did and she's certainly taken big risks in the past if she felt it was worth it.

I might be reaching, but that's my theory.

#22 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Laguatta's investigation bores me. Can we fast forward to the her Doakes ending now. She will not live if she finds out the truth

I'm guessing you haven't seen last night's episode, at least at the time this was posted. You'll probably really enjoy it! Careful, though. There's gonna be stuff in here that would spoil it for you if you're not up to date!

I caught up yesterday. Laguatta's investigation turned out to be the best part of the last episode. Dexter walked right into the trap she cleverly set for him. Knowing how blood thirsty Dexter is, it makes sense he fell for it

I hope Debra doesn't get incriminated when he goes down. Between Hannah and Laguatta, I don't know how Dexter is going to get out of this

#23 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Okay, so does anyone else think that Deb actually poisoned herself to frame Hannah but the drugs kicked in before she thought they would? My theory:

When she got in Hannah's face and told her that she'd do anything to keep Dexter safe from her, that was my first clue. Deb went on to put the drugs into her own water bottle. She took the water with her on her way to interview Hannah's friend figuring that it would be best to be around someone when the drugs kick in so they could call an ambulance. However, the drugs kicked in super fast the way she took them. Huge risk on Deb's part but I'm thinking she was expecting the drugs to take longer than they did and she's certainly taken big risks in the past if she felt it was worth it.

It was a safe bet but Hannah is a psycho. Deb didn't have to do it to herself. If it wasn't Debra, she would have harmed another one of Dexter's loved ones who crossed her

The conversation between Laguatta and Debra in her office had my stomach rolling over. She's got her eyes on Debra now

#24 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

OMG Debra :-(

Poor Laguatta. Her death will rock the station and hopefully someone, preferably Angel, will start asking questions

That was one of the best finales ever!

#25 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

It was a safe bet but Hannah is a psycho. Deb didn't have to do it to herself. If it wasn't Debra, she would have harmed another one of Dexter's loved ones who crossed her

The conversation between Laguatta and Debra in her office had my stomach rolling over. She's got her eyes on Debra now

Yeah, when I saw it really was Hannah, I was a bit miffed. Seems like such an easy way out. Oh well, that doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things! What an amazing finale!

Oh, I was so crushed seeing Deb's reaction to killing LaGuerta! I don't know how she's gonna get past that. She's sort of come to terms with Dexter's extracurricular activities at this point, but I don't think she'll be able to deal with this as well as she does so many other things.

Next season's supposed to be the final season of Dexter. I wonder if Hannah's gonna be back?

#26 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I think she'll be back for the finale season. That flowers she left at Dexter's door is like her calling card

I felt so bad for Debra. This is going to kill her :(

#27 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Yeah, when I saw it really was Hannah, I was a bit miffed. Seems like such an easy way out. Oh well, that doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things! What an amazing finale!

Oh, I was so crushed seeing Deb's reaction to killing LaGuerta! I don't know how she's gonna get past that. She's sort of come to terms with Dexter's extracurricular activities at this point, but I don't think she'll be able to deal with this as well as she does so many other things.

Next season's supposed to be the final season of Dexter. I wonder if Hannah's gonna be back?

I agree! I was also a little dissappointed when it was in fact Hannah. I did initially think Debra might have set her up because she has been quite obsessed with the whole situation. Nonetheless, I think Hannah will be back next season. I think they left it too open-ended to not address her again.

I also feel quite devastated for Debra. I really don't know how she is going to be able to cope with this. I think we are going to see her completely crack and breakdown. I think the demise of Debra is also going to further cause Dexter to spiral too.

I'm really very curious to see how this series is going to end. At this point, I don't see how it can really end on a positive note.

#28 nikilee

nikilee

Noob

• 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

I'm so glad I've found all of you! My friend's husband handed me Dexter season 1-3 a couple of months ago and I blew threw those, became an addict and finished up through 7, now I'm waiting on 8 and can't believe it's going to be over!! I LOVE Dexter!! 

And I enjoyed reading your conversations!

#29 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'm so glad I've found all of you! My friend's husband handed me Dexter season 1-3 a couple of months ago and I blew threw those, became an addict and finished up through 7, now I'm waiting on 8 and can't believe it's going to be over!! I LOVE Dexter!! 

Welcome :)

The best thing about TV shows is when you discover them late and have seasons to go through. There is nothing like curling up in the sofa binge watching a show you've become addicted to

It is starting soon!

#30 nikilee

nikilee

Noob

• 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Welcome :)

The best thing about TV shows is when you discover them late and have seasons to go through. There is nothing like curling up in the sofa binge watching a show you've become addicted to

It is starting soon!

So true, no commercials either! ;-) 

And I'm counting down!!!

#31 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Absolutely love Dexter though the incesticious tone it took threw me off a bit

Debra is in a much darker place than Dexter as of the finale. I still can't believe she killed Laguata to protect Dexter. Now the former police officer Laguata was working with will start his own investigation on both Debra and Dexter. It is too much of a coincidence that Maria is murdered when she is investigating Dexter.

#32 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

So excited for the last season!

Damn Debra is at her lowest of low 

Edited by DareDevil, 30 June 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#33 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Debra's password is fuckingpassword

I love her!

#34 That1Girl

That1Girl

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Debra's password is fuckingpassword

I love her!

She's so freakin' awesome! Lol!

I have loved Dexter since I read the first book. Once I found out it was going to be a series AND would star Michael C. Hall, I thought I'd died and gone to TV heaven. This show has never disappointed me and I don't suspect it will this coming season. I must admit I was a tiny bit happy to see LaGuerta get shot, but I'm worried about Deb. Run, Dexter, run!!

#35 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

So the premier was a little boring. There is yet another new character to enable Dexter. Although I don't think they'll sleep together, enough with that already

I'll be sad for Jamie when Quinn gets back together with Debra when saves her. So far Dexter is failing miserably 

#36 Sammael

Sammael

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

I am really wondering if it's just me but the season premiere seemed a little strange. It felt like Michael C Hall wasn't really into the role anymore and was phoning in his performance. I got that feeling from a few other actors as well. Maybe it has just been so long since I saw the last episode that it feels like that. The premiere didn't really wow me but I love this show and it is the last season so I will watch it regardless.

#37 tierapatt50

tierapatt50

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I just started watching Dexter after the first episode of the entire show I was hooked and now I am on the fourth season and it is so addictive. I am so sad that his wife died but I am so ready to see what he does and what direction he goes in. I love the point of view that this show gives because no one has ever done the serial killer point of view.

#38 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Harry, you don't shock a child who was traumatized by murder with murder

I am sorry but Harry is he one who turned a broken child into the monter he is. Yes, I do think Dexter is a monster 

#39 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

I'm not really into this season at all. To be honest I feel that Dexter has not been that good since season 4. I just don't like the direction it has been going in. I'm a huge fan of the books so maybe that's why I really am not that into it. The first book and the first season were pretty similar, but then after that they go off in 2 completely different directions. And I just like the direction of the books more then the series. The whole concept of Dexter was that he didn't have feelings, he had to fake them just to fit in, to seem normal, but they got away from that. They gave him this whole new persona that I'm just not into. Plus in the books, Deb is a very strong person, and in the series she is an emotional wreck. She's so needy, seriosuly, she completely ruined the last season for me.

Edited by dethdealer24, 07 July 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#40 ShaneJey22

ShaneJey22

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Oh the contrary I'm really enjoying this season so far.

The introduction of Vogel, the women who has known dexter almost all his life and knows most of his secrets is brilliant.

But she is very creepy as a character, she's been pushing herself into dexter's life way to much. And the killings? I'm sure alot of people like my self are assuming she is the one responsible for the killings and it's all part of her master plan to toy with dexter.

My guess is she is going to somehow turn out to be dexter's biological mother and she gave up dexter to Lora Moser when he was a child. It would explain how dexter has a psychological trait.