• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

I am enjoying this season too.  I a not thrilled that Dexter has another enabler but Deb's hatred for everything he is more than makes up for the shrink's

Jennifer Carpenter deserves an Emmy for her work. She's been beyond the pale in this storyline. Ever since she found out about Dexter actually  

My guess is she is going to somehow turn out to be dexter's biological mother and she gave up dexter to Lora Moser when he was a child. It would explain how dexter has a psychological trait.

I would say this would be too soap opera like for Dexter but after the incest stuff, I am afraid nothing is off limits. Plus if it means they won't end up in bed together, then I say bring it on.

#42 ShaneJey22

ShaneJey22

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

The incest stuff between dexter and deb (although technically it is not incest) has been elevated a lot. I feel like dexter now somewhat also has these kind of feelings towards deb. I'm almost positive that the show is leading up to a scene where dexter and deb make love, even though their not blood it is disgusting but its the way the show is going now.

#43 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

The incest stuff between dexter and deb (although technically it is not incest) has been elevated a lot. I feel like dexter now somewhat also has these kind of feelings towards deb. I'm almost positive that the show is leading up to a scene where dexter and deb make love, even though their not blood it is disgusting but its the way the show is going now.

No. Don't you dare say that. Don't put that out there in the universe 

I actually think Debs and Quinn are getting back together. I become more and more convinced the more she leans on him

#44 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

I didn't want Dexter to turn Debra over to the shrink 

Quinn should not have left her side for a minute. 

#45 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

If it weren't for te previews, I'd think Debra didn't make it. I know Dexter is going to be alive and kicking by the finale episode. I knew was going to do something bad after she came back all smiley. 

Masuka shouldn't have procreated 

Quinn passed the test with too much ease. He was flunking hardcore just last week 

#46 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

I am glad Dester's protégée is dead. I was afraid they'll do a spinoff with him since the ratings is so high this season

If Vogel isn't the brain surgeon then they are doing a good job using her as the red herring.

Debra shouldn't go back to Miami Dade. She will be reminded of Laguata everyday. It just doesn't seem right for her to go back to her norm, as it was before she shot Maria. I do want her to get on with her life but the shotting has to have a lasting impact on her life

#47 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

I’m just elated Hannah has a significant role this season again. She is hands down my favorite love interest for Dexter. I know it isn’t going to end well but I will enjoy it while it lasts. I wasn’t overly fond of her storyline with the abusive husband, but at least that has been handled. And I loved the nice little family dinner they had.

#48 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

I’m just elated Hannah has a significant role this season again. She is hands down my favorite love interest for Dexter. I know it isn’t going to end well but I will enjoy it while it lasts. I wasn’t overly fond of her storyline with the abusive husband, but at least that has been handled. And I loved the nice little family dinner they had.

I won't be surprised if Dexter moves away to be with her. They can't kill Dexter but they have to resolve his storyline somehow. I can see him skipping town

#49 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

I have to say that I am REALLY enjoying this season, although I am heartbroken that it will be the last ever season of Dexter. I watched it on accident, ended up falling in love with it, and it quickly became my favorite fictional show on TV, and now I have to deal with the fact that this is it's last season. :(

Last season was my favorite season so far, because usually in every season there is a build up and then the last four episodes are explosive. Well last season started off explosive and carried that tone throughout the entire season. AMAZING!

#50 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I won't be surprised if Dexter moves away to be with her. They can't kill Dexter but they have to resolve his storyline somehow. I can see him skipping town

I would have considered that possibility if he didn’t have Harrison or Deb. I don’t think these two are going to be able to end up together. Nonetheless, if they can pull it off without it seeming cheesy I would be on board. But I don’t know how possible that is.

#51 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

The last episode, wow. Just wow.

Now it finally feels like we're getting somewhere and the end game is really looking nearer and nearer.

I wonder how the show will end...but then again so do we all. I'm not even sure though that if I want to see Dexter die or not.

#52 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

I agree, Dexter totally rocks. The plot and script are incredibly tight and well-written and played out by an amazing cast. I do not know how it will play out in the end but I'm sure the writers will give us a spectacular finale!

#53 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

I have to say that I am REALLY enjoying this season, although I am heartbroken that it will be the last ever season of Dexter. I watched it on accident, ended up falling in love with it, and it quickly became my favorite fictional show on TV, and now I have to deal with the fact that this is it's last season. :(

My story is actually very very similar. Had nothing to do and a friend passed me the dvd's of the 3 first seasons... started watching and before I knew it I was in love. Then, however, once the dvds ran out I kind of forgot about Dexter. I was always saying that I should start again but never managed to do it until recently. Now I've watched the rest of the seasons in a matter of 2 or 3 months and when I heard they were going to cancel the series I was sad. However it might be best to stop while it's still good, we all know what happens to series that keep getting dragged on and on for too long.

#54 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

My story is actually very very similar. Had nothing to do and a friend passed me the dvd's of the 3 first seasons... started watching and before I knew it I was in love. Then, however, once the dvds ran out I kind of forgot about Dexter. I was always saying that I should start again but never managed to do it until recently. Now I've watched the rest of the seasons in a matter of 2 or 3 months and when I heard they were going to cancel the series I was sad. However it might be best to stop while it's still good, we all know what happens to series that keep getting dragged on and on for too long.

Yes, a lot of people are saying that it is best to cancel the show whilst it is still in its hay day. I don't know if agree or not, because the show is just amazing. I have never been entertained by a fictional TV show like I have been entertained by Dexter. The show just completely sucks you off into its world, because the story and the acting is so damn good. You also have to pay attention to it too, because it is not a show that will spoon feed you every little thing. You must watch it keenly and connect the dots yourself. I love that about it. Heroes had a similar way about it.

#55 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Although I love the show I’m happy with this being the last season. I think the time has come and it will go out on a strong note. Dexter and Deb have gone through so many disturbing challenges at this point, I think it just needs to be resolved and either give them peace or completely destroy their lives once and for all.

#56 ShaneJey22

ShaneJey22

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

To be honest, I was kind of losing touch with this show up until last week's episode.

Thank god they got rid of dexter's protege, he was becoming a nuisance and I felt like the show was carrying on way to many story-lines at once. 

My belief is Vogel, despite what we have seen, is somehow playing a role in the killing of these people. To me it seems she her self is a psychopath.

I mean she was the one to go and drop him off at his house, so she could have easily killed him. The fact that she has all these "brain pieces" and is pretending to be horrified by them, makes me believe she is just mental.  

#57 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I have about 5 episodes seating in my DVR

I think I'll wait till the finale airs and bing on it 

#58 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

I don’t believe Dexter and Hanna will actually be able to leave. It is a nice idea but I don’t see it ending that way. It is too convenient that Harrison keeps talking about missing Hanna so much. In some ways it would be better for Deb if Dexter left. She can somewhat regain a normal life again and hopefully let go of the guilt. Although, I don’t know how she would take him leaving. I’m also not that on board with Quinn and Deb again. I think it was kind of gross when he kissed her. Overall, I just don’t fully believe this show is going to end up on an overly happy note. 

#59 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

I don’t believe Dexter and Hanna will actually be able to leave. It is a nice idea but I don’t see it ending that way. It is too convenient that Harrison keeps talking about missing Hanna so much. In some ways it would be better for Deb if Dexter left. She can somewhat regain a normal life again and hopefully let go of the guilt. Although, I don’t know how she would take him leaving. I’m also not that on board with Quinn and Deb again. I think it was kind of gross when he kissed her. Overall, I just don’t fully believe this show is going to end up on an overly happy note. 

Same, I just don't see it happening.

To be honest this current season is such a let down. I really wish they step it up, even the next weeks section which they showed didn't seem that appealing to me. Something epic needs to happen to bring a closure.

And as of now I just don't feel satisfied with where the series is going.

#60 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

I have about 5 episodes seating in my DVR

I think I'll wait till the finale airs and bing on it 

That might be the best thing to do. I hate it when I run out of episodes to watch!