• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Real TV did reviews of the pilot of some of new Fall shows. This thread is to discuss the ones that don't have threads of their own yet

The New Normal

Revolution

Enjoy!

#2 Caffery

Caffery

Friendly

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

I liked the first few episodes of the New Normal. Unpopular believe but I liked them better than Go On, however after last night's travesty I am dropping it from my timeline. A whole half hour about politics was just too much. I see enough of it on the News thank you very much

I have only seen the pilot of Revolution, the premise is intriguing but I couldn't warm up to Charlie. I liked the younger brother and the uncle better. Charlie may become a badass leader of her own pack, I hope the journey is worth watching

#3 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

I liked the first few episodes of the New Normal. Unpopular believe but I liked them better than Go On, however after last night's travesty I am dropping it from my timeline. A whole half hour about politics was just too much. I see enough of it on the News thank you very much

I have only seen the pilot of Revolution, the premise is intriguing but I couldn't warm up to Charlie. I liked the younger brother and the uncle better. Charlie may become a badass leader of her own pack, I hope the journey is worth watching

I've kept up with New Normal online despite my dislike of the pilot. The characters grew on me (especially Bryan) but I still feel like every episode is trying to hit me over the head with some sort of message, especially this last one. At this point I would prefer a show where it's just Bryan, David, and Shania.

#4 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

I think Revolution has been pretty cool so far. It has done an awesome job of showing this nomadic, Mad Max world they live and survive in now and of course the electricity twist is really going to turn this thing on its ear.

The New Normal has been really funny, but I think it is because of it having some good racist and bigoted humor in it, which will eventually run dry or offend someone since that is all they seem to have. They are trying too hard to make it edgy and just don't allow room for much else.

#5 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

I started hate watching The New Normal just because I can't stand Ryan Murphy. I thought I would enjoy complaining about it week after week, but it's gotten old. I agree about this week's political episode, though I thought it was polite of them to represent both sides somewhat. Even though I didn't agree with all of Nana's views and she tends to completely dominate a conversation, you've got to hand it to her for never getting stumped during an argument. She has just as much conviction as Bryan and David, though they're total opposites. I'll probably keep watching it, but I'm sick of writing about it.

The same goes for Revolution. I thought the premise was original, but I can't stand Charlie. In 15 years, you think she'd have learned some semblance of survival skills. She does about one cool thing to save her life or someone else's in each episode, but that's it. After watching the sneak preview of the pilot, I had hope that it would get better, but I lost interest in the time that passed until episode 2 aired, and it wasn't that great either in my opinion.

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

I don't like Charlie either which is strange because I am usually drawn to the female leads more than other characters One that promises to be an ass kicking heroin would have been right up my ally.

The actress, not the writing is the weak link. When she was rejected by the uncle, I should have felt something for her not cringe instead. The stilted sentence was just bad. There is a chance she could grow into the role

They killed Juliet before the show started, I've got to give it a chance. She doesn't bug me the flashbacks because the child actors are so adorable

#7 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

You should watch the second episode ......

#8 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

They killed Juliet before the show started, I've got to give it a chance. She doesn't bug me the flashbacks because the child actors are so adorable

Are you saying you like Elizabeth Mitchell or you hate her? She's in the flashbacks during the second episode...hope that doesn't ruin the show for you!

#9 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

I started hate watching The New Normal just because I can't stand Ryan Murphy. I thought I would enjoy complaining about it week after week, but it's gotten old. I agree about this week's political episode, though I thought it was polite of them to represent both sides somewhat. Even though I didn't agree with all of Nana's views and she tends to completely dominate a conversation, you've got to hand it to her for never getting stumped during an argument. She has just as much conviction as Bryan and David, though they're total opposites. I'll probably keep watching it, but I'm sick of writing about it.

Pray they yank it :lol

I like Nana the most because although her views are incredibly offensive, I like how ballsy she is. I don't remember the daughter's name, she always seem like on the verge of depression. Didn't she get the memo that she is on a comedy show

#10 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

I am a little anxious to see 666 Park Ave. It starts tonight and I like horror and paranormal stuff but am nervous it is going to just bite off of American Horror Story and just be a knock-off, second class version of it.

#11 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Are you saying you like Elizabeth Mitchell or you hate her? She's in the flashbacks during the second episode...hope that doesn't ruin the show for you!

I am not a fan of hers. I don't hate her, that'll be extreme for someone I don't know lol

She reminds of Lost's Juliet and I loathed that character. I'll probable like her character on Revolution but that show is simply not for me. I love the fight scenes, it is the only positive thing I can say about it :/

I watched the second epi BTW. What do you know, Juliet look-a-like is alive. Way to be original

#12 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

I am a little anxious to see 666 Park Ave. It starts tonight and I like horror and paranormal stuff but am nervous it is going to just bite off of American Horror Story and just be a knock-off, second class version of it.

After watching the first episode of 666 Park Avenue, I'm wondering where they are going next. I already love the Terry O'Quinn character, Gavin. He's getting more sinister by the minute. He's perfect for the diabolical role he will be playing. The jury's still out on Vanessa Williams. She seemed more of a background character tonight, but there was a lot to work in. Is the female main character named Jane? She's good and not an actor I've seen before. Her hubby fades into the background already. I saw shades of Macbeth already and am wondering about the back stories. I'll be watching this one next week.

#13 Collin1000

Collin1000

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

I started out massively disliking Go On because the show felt "confused" to me - it couldn't decide if it wanted to be a sad/dramatic show or a comedy. They were trying to do "dramedy" but just couldn't hit the mark. Though, as time has gone by, I feel like the show has really picked up quite a bit, and I am starting to enjoy it. This clip (http://www.hulu.com/watch/402522) really made me LOL so I might stick around a bit longer.

#14 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I started out massively disliking Go On because the show felt "confused" to me - it couldn't decide if it wanted to be a sad/dramatic show or a comedy. They were trying to do "dramedy" but just couldn't hit the mark. Though, as time has gone by, I feel like the show has really picked up quite a bit, and I am starting to enjoy it. This clip (http://www.hulu.com/watch/402522) really made me LOL so I might stick around a bit longer.

RTVC decided it deserved its own thread

#15 pilot2fly

pilot2fly

Shy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Revolution keeps getting better and better with each episode. I'm sad to see it won't be airing tonight. The first episode was lackluster, but I gave it a chance and love it. Plus, it's being filmed right here in my home town! I get out of class around 7 PM and can hear them firing muskets nearby.

#16 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Revolution keeps getting better and better with each episode. I'm sad to see it won't be airing tonight. The first episode was lackluster, but I gave it a chance and love it. Plus, it's being filmed right here in my home town! I get out of class around 7 PM and can hear them firing muskets nearby.

That is so cool!

Where is Revolution filmed again?

#17 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I am not bothering with any of this seasons new shows. Especially "Revolution" on NBC. It'll be cancelled before the year is out trust me. NBC cancels everything.

#18 pilot2fly

pilot2fly

Shy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The ratings are off the charts for the show.

Aberdeen, it's filmed right here in Wilmington, NC.

#19 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Ratings mean nothing. NBC is cut throat. "Surface" had good ratings. Where is it now? Gone. "Heroes" they just royally messed up that show to the point where they had to put the damn thing out of its misery. And what was that show they started earlier this year where the president was a black guy and Jason Ritter was in it? It's gone now too. NBC=poison.

#20 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Yeah, I really wasn't thrilled with the political focus. The show feels very hit or miss to me. Sometimes they cover some really good topics and other times, it just feels forced. What is up with that little girl's wedding?? Seriously, that was too much for me. It started off cute and there was obviously an underlying message being compared there, but I was so done with it by the end of the episode and couldn't wait to watch something else.