• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I thought Elementary looked interesting and looked forward to it starting. I saw one episode, but it's usually on at the same time as other stuff that I'd like to watch so I guess I will have to catch the reruns or maybe look at it online. How is it that all the good stuff seems to come on the same night?

That is why we have DVRs and VOD.

You can also watch most all shows online after they air

#22 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, I really wasn't thrilled with the political focus. The show feels very hit or miss to me. Sometimes they cover some really good topics and other times, it just feels forced. What is up with that little girl's wedding?? Seriously, that was too much for me. It started off cute and there was obviously an underlying message being compared there, but I was so done with it by the end of the episode and couldn't wait to watch something else.

What does it say about that I like the horrible mother best? Her daughter is so bland I can't even remember her name

The last episode I watched was the politically heavy episode and while I am voting Democrate, I think the Republican mother made some really good points. Not to mention how holier than thou the pro Obama group where

#23 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ratings mean nothing. NBC is cut throat. "Surface" had good ratings. Where is it now? Gone. "Heroes" they just royally messed up that show to the point where they had to put the damn thing out of its misery. And what was that show they started earlier this year where the president was a black guy and Jason Ritter was in it? It's gone now too. NBC=poison.

That is why I never invest on an NBC show. The only show I watch regularly on that channel is The Office.

They have the attention span of a gnat

I do think they'll keep Revolution, it is their best rated new show and it ranks pretty high on most popular Fall Shows

#24 Caffery

Caffery

Friendly

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

I am amazed at how many people watch Revolution

That show is a Lost wannabe so it appeals to Lost fans? Also the show creators' cult following?

#25 Caffery

Caffery

Friendly

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

New Normal

I agree, the political message they were sending in the second episode was skewed as hell

Nana is the Sue of New Normal. She is outrageous and often times, offensive but she is entertaining. The daughter is bland because the actress is so wooden and projects misery. I don't blame her alone, the directors should steer her in a different direction but hey, maybe the character is meant be a wet blanket

The last episode centered around religion. Skip it if you are Catholic

#26 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on Revolution - I'm a huge Lost fan myself, and I might as well give it a try.

Ugh, The New Normal is not my cup of tea. It's another show wherein Ryan Murphy tries to spread all sorts of propaganda, and I consider it poorly written as well.

#27 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

New Normal

I agree, the political message they were sending in the second episode was skewed as hell

Nana is the Sue of New Normal. She is outrageous and often times, offensive but she is entertaining. The daughter is bland because the actress is so wooden and projects misery. I don't blame her alone, the directors should steer her in a different direction but hey, maybe the character is meant be a wet blanket

The last episode entered around religion. Skip it if you are Catholic

NBC is definitely a liberal network. Do I mind that? No. I don't want political opinions giving to me by TV Shows. I'm a liberal dem because I want to be and respect the dems more than I do the Republicans. The crazy stuff that comes out of people like Michelle Bachmann's mouth is just, ugh. Dems aren't perfect, but I know with a dem in office, they won't be pushing for world domination and atomizing countries they don't like.

#28 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Looks like "666 Park Avenue" and "Last Resort" are the first casualties of the new fall season. Both shows are gonna get cancelled after their initial first seasons.

http://screenrant.co...enue-cancelled/

#29 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I watched the premier for Last Resort. It was very good but I didn't see how the plot can be prolonged for more than a season. The premise is good and it was well executed but it was limiting in terms of long term story telling

#30 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

Sucks for Braugher and Speedman. I guess this means Scott will be available for "Underworld 5"? :lol:

#31 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

The Mob Doctor:

As I said in the suggestion thread, I was kind of surprised I liked this show. The first episode made me roll my eyes..... a standard hospital show. Lots of drama, blood, and emergencies, with a side love relationship. Toss in some crime on the side and all the better, right? The mob tie-in was pretty interesting, though, and led to a whole new set of moral issues that you don't really see on the others. I'm sad to hear that it's been canceled, but I really don't see how it could last for many seasons anyway.

#32 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

I never bothered with "Mob Doctor". She's in that mess because of her dumb ass brother. She should've just cut him loose.

#33 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I thought Elementary looked interesting and looked forward to it starting. I saw one episode, but it's usually on at the same time as other stuff that I'd like to watch so I guess I will have to catch the reruns or maybe look at it online. How is it that all the good stuff seems to come on the same night?

#34 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

And TIVO! You can tivo something in one room while you watch something else in the other!

#35 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

That is why we have DVRs and VOD.

You can also watch most all shows online after they air

I don't have any of those, but I know about watching online. I just never seem to get around to doing it. I'm usually busy and then when I have down time I forget :-( I still haven't watched last week's episode of Scandal even though a friend sent me the link.

#36 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

You know when I stop think about it, I didn't really get into any new shows this fall. Unlike last season where I got totally hooked on Once Upon A Time. I guess I just don't tend to watch new programs the way I use to.

I did watch Revolution once because of all the hype surrounding it. To be honest I wasn't too impressed, but I guess it has gained an audience. I did also try Go On when they had their preview after the Olympic Games, once again something that just didn't grab me. I also watched 666 Park Avenue, but again found myself not really something that I felt I had to go back to every week.

#37 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Last Resort, Partners and 666 and Park didn't make it

The plot for Last Report seemed limiting but 666 & Park caught me by surprise. I didn't see it but it seemed like a show that would have a cult following

#38 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

I don't even know if "666 Park Avenue" will return after Winter hiatus. The last episode had Gavin finding Sasha at a bar. Who turned out to be the lawyer chick played by Tessa Thompson. So they just can't leave things like that can they? It would suck if they did.

#39 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Here's a calendar of January premiere dates. The shows in bold are new series, specials or events.

In spoiler tags because the calendar is large.

Spoiler

#40 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Woohoo!! The next couple weeks should be pretty interesting, I think. I can't wait for some of the series to come back. Thanks a ton for the calendar.