• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

Is anyone else watching izombie?? It's a cool new show on the cw about a zombie detective. Sounds cheesy, I know, but it's very witty and from the same guys who did veronica Mars.

#82 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

Ok, I have watched a few episodes of Revolution. It is not too bad, but a little to far fetched for even me and I am a SciFi Nut (sorry it is SyFy now). The idea that the US goes into social collapse due to a permanent power outage nation wide and the governmental system is destroyed seems way to out there. Especially when there is both solar and wind energy and satellite phones and such for communication... If they had made this show a little more realistic in its premise I might have gotten more into it, but it is too unrealistic for me to get in to.

I really liked this show for the most part, but yeah, it got pretty out there. I still really liked the characters. This show minus the whole "the nanos are taking over" schtick could have been really good. I like the dystopian genre and would love to see more shows with good characters and good chemistry between them. I guess the suspension of disbelief we're required to have for some of these can be pushed too far.

#83 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

Is anyone else watching izombie?? It's a cool new show on the cw about a zombie detective. Sounds cheesy, I know, but it's very witty and from the same guys who did veronica Mars.

Yeah I just recently caught the pilot, not liking it.  To cheesy.  I am going to watch a few more episodes to make certain that there is nothing catching about it.  Just think it has too many weird things to it for me to accept it.  At least not yet.

#84 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

Ok, I have watched a few episodes of Revolution. It is not too bad, but a little to far fetched for even me and I am a SciFi Nut (sorry it is SyFy now). The idea that the US goes into social collapse due to a permanent power outage nation wide and the governmental system is destroyed seems way to out there. Especially when there is both solar and wind energy and satellite phones and such for communication... If they had made this show a little more realistic in its premise I might have gotten more into it, but it is too unrealistic for me to get in to.

Watching the breakdown of society and the "civilized" made the show really good.  The fight for control.  It always annoyed me those that followed the ones that weren't really the government and the different "governments" there were.  I wont say too much because I dont know if you've finished it, but I enjoyed it and was sad to see it go.