• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

I’m worried the actor that plays Danny is going to take off eventually. I’ve actually seen him in quite a few roles and was surprised to see him on a sitcom. I sincerely hope he will stay on the show for as long as it airs. I understand actors want to pursue other roles, but it can destroy a show when a major character leaves. For example, the last season of That 70s show without Eric or Kelso.

I don't think he'll leave for a bit...he and Mindy and the will they, wont they is kinda the entire show right now.

Total goofy fun last night though.  Could do w/o the gross humor though.

#42 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

I really don't expect the show to last that long, so if the Danny actor is getting appearances elsewhere, that's great for him. Hopefully he sticks out this series for its entire life, though.

I was surprised they renewed it at all, to be truthful.

Happy, but surprised. 

#43 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

I think season 2 is kicking off to a good start. I thought it was pretty funny, I still love Danny. I wish they had something to do with the British Doctor. I don't need the old lady receptionist at all. And James Franco was hot (could use some teeth whitening though).

I agree though, season one was hit and miss. It didn't help that the played all the episodes out of order.

#44 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

I’m worried the actor that plays Danny is going to take off eventually. I’ve actually seen him in quite a few roles and was surprised to see him on a sitcom. I sincerely hope he will stay on the show for as long as it airs. I understand actors want to pursue other roles, but it can destroy a show when a major character leaves. For example, the last season of That 70s show without Eric or Kelso.

#45 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

That's what contracts are for sweetie! Most smart execs lock actors into contracts that say no other appearances so long as this show is on the air. And you can pursue other roles on t.v. for cameos? Or films during hiatus. That's how most contracts are done in t.v.

#46 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

I really don't expect the show to last that long, so if the Danny actor is getting appearances elsewhere, that's great for him. Hopefully he sticks out this series for its entire life, though.

#47 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

In television it's hard to know when that'll be though. t.v. shows can be axed at any time. Especially these days. Actors on new shows are usually encouraged to have other pots on the stove so to speak. I'm sure the cast of Friends didn't feel secure in having a long term gig until at least season 4.

#48 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

I’m happy it got renewed as well. And I hope they secured Danny in a long-term contract then. The show is flawed but there are enough enjoyable moments to make me keep watching. I also think they will have a better understanding of what did and didn’t work after this season.

I loved Mindy’s Sons of Anarchy reference this past episode.

#49 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

The first episode of The Mindy Project had me worried, but the show got better as time went on and I think the cast is definitely charming. I love the staff at her job.

#50 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Season premiere is Tuesday 9/17

Watch a preview of the premiere of Season 2 in its entirety!

#51 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

I didn’t love season one but I will give season two a chance. Mindy is too entertaining to quit on just yet.

#52 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

I find the Mindy Project refreshing as Mindy's character is so different to most representations of women that we see on tv. She's not perfect and has her share of problems but she's charming, witty, funny, intelligent and oh so honest. I've got to say I love her optimistic attitude and how quickly she can turn an insult into a compliment. :lol: I also think Mindy's gorgeous and proof that you don't have to look a certain way or conform to beauty ideals to be beautiful and confident. Mindy's certainly not lacking confidence!  

Like a few of you, I also love seeing the chemistry between Mindy and Danny. When Danny grabbed Mindy's hand on the flight home as their plane experienced turbulence in the latter half of season one, I couldn't help but smile. Plus, I'll admit, strangely I find the character of Danny really handsome. Hopefully Chris Messina doesn't leave the Mindy Project too soon. Although, it's great his profile is rising because he's such a versatile actor.

As for her boyfriends, I found Josh a little creepy (even though he's popular with a lot of viewers) but found pastor Casey likable enough. I loved the scene where Mindy barged in on Casey teaching Sunday school and told him she wasn't willing to convert to Christianity and then inadvertently almost converted his class into Hinduism because they have "super cool" elephants ha ha. :lol:

I almost forgot, I believe the Mindy Project is special as the entire cast is strong and seem to gell so easily together. Morgan and Jeremy are both hillarious (for different reasons) and Betsy is so sweet and naive, that it's impossible not to like her. The casting directors did a great job. Bring on season 2.

Edited by squareeyes89, 18 September 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#53 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

I was pretty satisfied with the premiere. Danny was perfect.

#54 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Mindy sitting at the desk in the closest was cute. I’m not that into James Franco on this show. Overall, I didn’t think this episode was anything special. Although, I enjoyed them playing Shipping Up To Boston. I also liked when Mindy said she was walking him to the army and the random Kris Humphries cameo.

#55 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

I had every episode since the premiere waiting to be watched on my DVR and I finally got caught up over the weekend. I still love this show. I didn't like how they turned pastor Casey into an unlikable character, but I get why Mindy has to be single for this show to work. Mindy and Casey had a lot of differences working against them, so it was unnecessary to make him unlikable to cause the breakup.

Chris Messina pulls off unrequited love so well. I don't want "Danny & Mindy" to happen anytime soon but I love the friendship and chemistry between the characters.

Not sure how I feel about the new sassy nurse yet.

#56 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Seriously, this is awesome!

Watch Chris Messina Try Out Aaliyah’s ‘Try Again’ Choreography on The Mindy Project

Here's the rough cut on YouTube, but I highly suggest following the link above to watch the full scene.

#57 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

I am going to make it my mission to revive this thread even though I'm always a week or two behind watching the latest episode.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21675-1410968760-4.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13718-1410967207-4.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23221-1410967256-5.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13573-1410967275-4.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13554-1410967305-13

#58 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

If that doesn't revive this thread, I don't know what will.... :P 

It's a little weird to see the two of them together, but they seem to be doing pretty well with it. 

#59 wulfman

wulfman

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

I have seen this show a few times. Not a huge fan. But I think I probably should see it from the beginning before I draw conclusions about it.

#60 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

I have seen this show a few times. Not a huge fan. But I think I probably should see it from the beginning before I draw conclusions about it.

When you watch from the start don't give up on the first season. It took the show a full season to get into a decent groove but they delivered some very funny episodes at the end of season one. Season two delivers and they just really embraced the fact that this show is nothing but Mindy's desire to live life as a romatic comedy movie.The dance between Mindy and Danny was enough to keep me watching, but I love that kind of stuff. I'm a few episodes behind on season three.