• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

This show really deserved more of a chance. I thought it was hilarious, and the characters were all likeable (though, admittedly, some took some warming up to). I wish they'd at least air on another network, but I don't see that happening at this point. Such a shame.

#2 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

If anyone's planning on watching this, here's my review of the pilot. Please convince me to like this show!

#3 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

There are so many new shows to watch on Tuesday, Ben and Kate are recording.

Since it is DNR maybe I will just delete it. I need all the space I can hog on that machine

#4 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Justin Beiber didn't even sing yet!

#5 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Since it is DNR maybe I will just delete it. I need all the space I can hog on that machine

Like I said in my review, it might be worth a shot if you're not me... I would watch the pilot before deleting it. But I love that you take my opinions so seriously!

#6 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

I haven't watched it but I'll check it out when it becomes available on VOD

#7 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

I can't edit my post, that was a DWTS post

Like I said in my review, it might be worth a shot if you're not me... I would watch the pilot before deleting it. But I love that you take my opinions so seriously!

You got 4 Emmy prediction correct, of course I take your opinions seriously. I'll watch the pilot but I am on show overload, I am pretty sure I'll let it die. DNR right

#8 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

I think it is kind of funny and Lucy Punch alone will get me to watch anything but I definitely don't see this lasting. I think if this was set out with low expectations and just needed to fill up an odd time frame it would work but this isn't a primetime show that can last.

#9 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

I liked it, but I tend to root for underdog shows. I thought that because it had a kid in it, it would be appropriate for kids to watch or at least be present while I watch it (this concerns me, I'm having a baby soon), but I was wrong. I could totally do without BJ's character or have a cleaner version of her, but I'm mostly watching it for Nat Faxon(Ben). I think he has the potential to be the next Steve Carrell (not drop-dead gorgeous but hilarious) and this could be a good opportunity for him.

#10 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Her character plays off the idiot and prude characters pretty well and she would need to be there as is. A cleaned up version of her would make it even less interesting but keeping her as she is now will allow them all to feed off each other...no one wants to see a prude, an idiot and a random person who is just there.

#11 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

I liked this show and was disappointed when it was canceled. I would have thought the target audience was young adults/single parents, and thought there would be enough people who enjoyed it. It had its funny moments as well as its sweet moments.