746 replies to this topic

#1 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Posted Image

Meet me here on Monday, June 18, 10 p.m. ET!

#2 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

There is no information about this show on ABC.com

Maybe they are taking CBS' lawsuit threat more seriously than I thought

#3 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

If CBS is serious about their threats, if they aren't all talks, this show may never see the airwaves. It sounds like a carbon copy of Big Brother. 20 former producers working on the show doesn't help lol

#4 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

I hope ABC can get beyond the legal pursuit of CBS because I'd love to see this show have great ratings success and challenge Big Brother on all levels from thoughtful casting to better challenges to greater production value. Big Brother has become so formulaic and contrived that it's not even fun to watch anymore.

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I hope ABC can get beyond the legal pursuit of CBS because I'd love to see this show have great ratings success and challenge Big Brother on all levels from thoughtful casting to better challenges to greater production value. Big Brother has become so formulaic and contrived that it's not even fun to watch anymore.

What she said. I admit I LOLed when I read about the former BB producers working on this project.

Just let me know when and where I can subscribe to the feeds. There is bound to be them

#6 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

I agree completely. I'll still watch BB, probably, but it's mostly out of habit. They've played all of their cards and neglected to shuffle their deck. It's to the point that it's redundant and they're regurgitating all of the same fluff every year.

I'd like to learn more about this. Was it the good BB producers that signed on to it?

#7 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

I can't say what kind of producers they are but one of them is an executive producer on Glass House. I am not into Big Brother but I know enough about it to know there is a stark difference between ABC's description and Big Brother

"Glass House" would feature contestants who are constantly filmed and eliminated from a home they share, and viewers will be able to influence many of their actions, according to a description of the series released Monday. "Big Brother," which has aired on CBS since 2000, has similar features.

Gigantic difference! :lol

Huffintonpost

#8 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

I can't say what kind of producers they are but one of them is an executive producer on Glass House. I am not into Big Brother but I know enough about it to know there is a stark difference between ABC's description and Big Brother

"Glass House" would feature contestants who are constantly filmed and eliminated from a home they share, and viewers will be able to influence many of their actions, according to a description of the series released Monday. "Big Brother," which has aired on CBS since 2000, has similar features.

Gigantic difference! :lol

Huffintonpost

Sure, if you say so lol

#9 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Can you say "drama"? Two big networks (CBS and ABC) are apparently in a tiff over ABC's creative copying. CBS claims ABC's upcoming show Glass House is too much like their hit Big Brother. You can read the full story here. Thoughts?

#10 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Can you say "drama"? Two big networks (CBS and ABC) are apparently in a tiff over ABC's creative copying. CBS claims ABC's upcoming show Glass House is too much like their hit Big Brother. You can read the full story here. Thoughts?

We are ahead of you.

Glass House

#11 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

I've never even heard of this show. I do love Big Brother so if this is similar I'm sure I would like it. Is it US based or no? I'm a reality TV junkie.

#12 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

I've never even heard of this show. I do love Big Brother so if this is similar I'm sure I would like it. Is it US based or no? I'm a reality TV junkie.

I am sure it is US based since it is going to be on ABC

#13 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

The website is up. It looks like this will be a popularity contest.

There will be ten episodes. Streaming of live feeds will occur 4 hours on Monday evening from 8pm PST to 12am PST - and also Tuesday thru Thursday at 12pm PST.

http://beta.abc.go.c...-house/show-faq

How does a player on the show get removed from the house?
After losing a challenge, the team captain of the losing team goes to "limbo" - along with another member from the losing team that the house votes on.

What is "limbo?"
Limbo is where two people from the house go after losing a challenge. It's an area outside of the house where the two people go until one of them is allowed to return to the house.

How are the captains for the challenges determined?
The two people with the fewest votes from the public become team captains for that week's challenge.

How does somebody return to the house from limbo?
America chooses who they think deserves to return to the house. All the power is in the public's hands.

What happens to the person who America doesn't choose to return to the house?
That person is out of the game permanently.

#14 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

It is not very much like Big Brother, CBS were too quick to panic.

I wish the feeds were available 24/7 lol. Also ONE telecast? Not cool Glass House!

#15 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Does anyone know what the casting process for these type of shows is like?

Apparently they haven't started casting yet

#16 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

I could totally see teams throwing competitions to target certain contestants.

I wonder if the teams will be fluid and change on a weekly basis.

It will be fun to see America vote back in someone the contestants wanted out.

It will also be interesting to see if contestants can figure out who's popular and how it will affect their game play.

#17 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Does anyone know what the casting process for these type of shows is like?

Apparently they haven't started casting yet

It shouldn't take more than two weeks to do a background check and psych evaluation.

They should have standbys just in cast one of the people they choose don't make the finale cut

#18 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

I could totally see teams throwing competitions to target certain contestants.

I wonder if the teams will be fluid and change on a weekly basis.

It will be fun to see America vote back in someone the contestants wanted out.

It will also be interesting to see if contestants can figure out who's popular and how it will affect their game play.

Throwing competitions could either be genius or a horribly stupid move. The only way it'll work is if America hates their target and they know this. There could be some hilarious miscalculations

They should reshuffle the teams every week. It'll keep everyone on their toes. You can't piss off members of the other team too much because you may end up playing with them the following week

#19 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

This show is a go then?

AWSOME!!!!!!

#20 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

It seems like a go officially since ABC updated the website.