• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Still trying to figure out names of characters, but tonight's episode was good.

Is Connie Britton doing her own singing?

I want to know the same thing about Hayden Panettiere. Juliette is too good for it to be her singing

They're both doing their own singing. Apparently Hayden cut a record when she was a teenager.

In other news, my Nashville recap is up if ya'll are looking for something to read!

#22 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm not a Hayden fan at all -- I've struggled with her casting -- but she can sing. One of the songs from last night, the demo song, I kinda want it.

#23 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Normally CW shows have a link where you can listen to music from the latest episode. ABC doesn't seem to do that. Not sure why.

They do -- it's just a litlte bit more difficult to find. http://abc.go.com/mu...#NashvilleSongs

#24 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Unpopular opinion here but I'm getting sick of Rayna. Almost every scene with her is of how she is the poor washed up middle aged singer. The show started with her own children being Juliette's groupies. How much more can poor Rayna take

Rayna treats Deacon like a toy only she can play with. Maybe it wasn't like that in the past but that is the vibe I'm getting now. If he knows what's best for him. he'll go on tour with Juliette and enjoy the perks that comes along with it. He's got nothing to loose i

Rayna herself is a bitch. I don't understand why she's stayed with Ted all these years. She doesn't seem to love him and there is definitely no respect there. Not that I blame her, the man is a looser but as his wife she should take the good with the bad and stop the whining. After all, he's always been in her shadow. I don't know how damaging it was for his ego. Meeting his opponent will boost it just fine Rayna

Scarlette is the better singer amongst all three of them but I think Juliette is better than Rayna. Her duet with Deacon was fantastic, Rayna/Deacon was bad

I think Rayna is actually a pretty realistic character. She's a rich girl who thinks she's struggled, but really never has. She has no clue how her own business works. She feels like she "saved" Deacon from his rehab and has pretty much rationalized that her keeping him around is "taking care of him" instead of really being about her being in love with him. Her relationship with Ted is about stability and the fact that he loves their girls and puts them first (the way she feels her own father didn't). She's incredibly sheltered and selfish, but she doesn't mean to be (nor does she realize it).

I hope that this whole season isn't Juliette vs Rayna though. The middle-aged star vs the young star is well played out (and always seems to be about women which is ridiculous and insane).

#25 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

My review of Nashville's 'Move It Over' is up if anyone wants to check it out.

#26 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Unpopular opinion here but I'm getting sick of Rayna. Almost every scene with her is of how she is the poor washed up middle aged singer. The show started with her own children being Juliette's groupies. How much more can poor Rayna take

Rayna treats Deacon like a toy only she can play with. Maybe it wasn't like that in the past but that is the vibe I'm getting now. If he knows what's best for him. he'll go on tour with Juliette and enjoy the perks that comes along with it. He's got nothing to loose i

Rayna herself is a bitch. I don't understand why she's stayed with Ted all these years. She doesn't seem to love him and there is definitely no respect there. Not that I blame her, the man is a looser but as his wife she should take the good with the bad and stop the whining. After all, he's always been in her shadow. I don't know how damaging it was for his ego. Meeting his opponent will boost it just fine Rayna

Scarlette is the better singer amongst all three of them but I think Juliette is better than Rayna. Her duet with Deacon was fantastic, Rayna/Deacon was bad

#27 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I think Rayna is actually a pretty realistic character. She's a rich girl who thinks she's struggled, but really never has. She has no clue how her own business works. She feels like she "saved" Deacon from his rehab and has pretty much rationalized that her keeping him around is "taking care of him" instead of really being about her being in love with him. Her relationship with Ted is about stability and the fact that he loves their girls and puts them first (the way she feels her own father didn't). She's incredibly sheltered and selfish, but she doesn't mean to be (nor does she realize it).

Ding! Ding! Ding!

She has no self awareness whatsoever. She whines now that Juliette is talentless and spoiled . I'll warrant a guess she was in Juliette position not too long ago. Taking in all the glory as if it was her due

#28 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

I think the start of the creative relationship between Scarlett and Gunnar symbolizes or at least gives us an idea of how Rayna and Deacon's relationship started many years ago.

This show is a great replacement for Revenge on Wednesday night. I might learn to appreciate country music if the show has a multi season run.

Oh, and this show is a Shipper's dream come true. Ships everywere you turn. Lol

I'm shipping Scarlett and Gunner. I hope they are not stuck in the same pattern as Deacon and Rayna 20 years from now

#29 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

My review of Nashville's 'Move It Over' is up if anyone wants to check it out.

I know I am not suppose to care about plot holes too much, it is fiction after all. So I am glad I was not the only one bothered by the mother's booty call. Unless he is a worker in the community or lives there (no way) that bugged me a little bit

What I find refreshing were Teddy and Peggy. I was shocked it wasn't an affair they were hiding, but a loan they haven't paid back

I don't know, I felt like they were setting up a triangle between Juliette/Deacon and Mother. I hope I am dead wrong.

#30 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

#31 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

I want to know the same thing about Hayden Panettiere. Juliette is too good for it to be her singing

#32 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

They're both doing their own singing. Apparently Hayden cut a record when she was a teenager.

In other news, my Nashville recap is up if ya'll are looking for something to read!

They are both talented. Better than most of the so called artists

Thanks for linking

#33 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

I loved this episode! Every one of the characters were on their best behavior and I am loving the character growth of all the leads and supporting characters

I love Scarlette's singing voice, she sings like an angel. I am afraid the fame and fortune will make her unlikable. I was ready for her to ditch Lucky last week I found myself rooting for them. I loved that he was the one who got through to her, re; her singing. It was believable of him to be a little hesitant, even be a little resentful of her luck. I am glad he is over it and in full support of her career

I am softening towards Juliette too. Her life must have been miserable growing up with a mother like that. I also want the solo she is currently working on. I like the words of the duet but it doesn't when they sing it together

Rayna was also better in this episode. I like her better as a mother, daughter and sister than as a singer and wife. She is not that good at either but she is trying with her father. I loved that she reached out to him when she learned about her mother's affair.

My DVR cut off the last 5 minutes. Did I miss anything?

#34 vivi

vivi

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

I look forward to watching this show every week. I too think the singing is amazing. I am finding myself watching the episodes over and over just for the music. Does anyone know if there is a way to download these songs and listen to them as MP3's. I am hooked.

#35 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

Normally CW shows have a link where you can listen to music from the latest episode. ABC doesn't seem to do that. Not sure why.

#36 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

I enjoyed tonight's episode a lot. I love watching the tension and unresolved history between Rayna, Deacon and Ted. While Rayna is fighting her true feelings for Deacon her husband is hanging on to his own affair/relationship on the downlow. Scandalous!

I think the start of the creative relationship between Scarlett and Gunnar symbolizes or at least gives us an idea of how Rayna and Deacon's relationship started many years ago.

Juliette is broken due to her mother's addiction, so I don't dislike her completely even though she makes it hard to root for her. I also don't like it when she puts the moves on Deacon or when he turns to her as a distraction from Rayna. They are using each other right now, but I have a feeling Juliette will end up with a brokenheart when their relationship is all said and done.

This show is a great replacement for Revenge on Wednesday night. I might learn to appreciate country music if the show has a multi season run.

Oh, and this show is a Shipper's dream come true. Ships everywere you turn. Lol

#37 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yup!

The main difference is Scarlett has more talent in her little pinky than Rayna and unlike Rayna who had daddy to pave the way for her, Scarlett is struggling to do it on her own

If Gunnar waits around for Scarlett to admit she loves and wants to be with him for 20 years, then he is as pathetic as Deacon lol

#38 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Juliette is flushing her career down the toilet.

Lucky is a pansy bastard. Scarlett should run, not walk, from him. He is not worth her love and devotion.

Deacon acted like a dick at the fundraiser. Did he and Rayna breakup personally and professionally? I want to like he and Juliette but she is too young and immature for him

#39 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

The actress who plays Scarlett is a terrible kisser.

#40 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

The actress who plays Scarlett is a terrible kisser.

He is not the guy Scarlett wants to kiss

Can't blame her. He is a jerk of massive proportions