• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

So is anyone keep up with Nashville this season ? There are a lot of exciting things going on. It looks like Rayna lost her voice, and does not know if she will ever sing again. Juliet is now getting a taste of her own medicine, every since they brought younger newer talent to the label. Hopefully she will realize how Rayna felt when she was pushed aside. Deacon and Rayna's daughter is having a hard time adjusting to find out who her real father is.

I watched for the first time yesterday. It was much better than it was last season -- though they've really gotta just cut Scarlett. She's annoying.

#42 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Is this show still airing?

I can't after JJ slept with the older lady

I was over the feud between Ryana and Juliette way before they had to perform together

#43 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

I didn't know I'd end up liking Juliette more than Rayna when the show started. I like Juliette's straightforwardness. She is a bitch who owns it, Rayna is the kind who would smile at you and stick a knife in your back when its turned

#44 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Avery wins the award for most improved and has become one of my favorite characters. I would like to see Juliet and Avery get together at some point. I do not want to see him back with Scarlett in any capacity, because I also find her annoying. I won’t deny that Juliet is very flawed, but she is still my favorite character.

Scarlett, however, can go.

#45 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I still watch it but it is lossing me. I loved Rayna and Juliette's interactions in Lovesick Blues. I love Rayna's passive aggressiveness. Juliette can learn a thing or two from her. I love how openly hostile and immature she is towards her

The song they wrote together was the best song of this season so far. I'd buy it in a hot minute if they release it. It was excellent!

#46 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

I've still really been enjoying this show. As ridiculous as she is, I absolutely love Juliette. Her storyline is my favorite part of the show. I thought their stage presence during Lovesick Blues wasn't very good though, but I do like the song.

#47 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I tend to agree. As much as I like Connie Britton, I don't find Rayna James to be that likeable of a character. She can be quite condescending to the majority of the characters on the show including her husband, Deacon and especially Juliette. I mean there are a lot of reasons to not like Juliette, but she doesn't give off the same pretentious vibe Rayna does.

#48 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

The way she treats her husband, as if he is an annoyance, is one of my main problems with Rayna

Divorce him if you have so little use of him

#49 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

I can't wait until this show comes back on, the finale left so many cliffhangers and open ended storylines.  I think it is safe to say Deacon and Rayna will survive the crash, it would be a disaster if they killed off Deacon (considering he is a part of every major storyline they have going on).  Does anyone know when the next season is set to premiere?

#50 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

I wasn’t blown away by the first season, but I will give season 2 a chance. Powers Boothe who played Rayna’s father will not be back. I’m pretty indifferent to this change since his character did nothing for me. I mostly just want to watch for Juliette. 

#51 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

So is anyone keep up with Nashville this season ? There are a lot of exciting things going on. It looks like Rayna lost her voice, and does not know if she will ever sing again. Juliet is now getting a taste of her own medicine, every since they brought younger newer talent to the label. Hopefully she will realize how Rayna felt when she was pushed aside. Deacon and Rayna's daughter is having a hard time adjusting to find out who her real father is.

#52 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

I have to admit that Nashville has more of my attention this season.  The show has picked up. I have to say that I am kind of liking the fact that Juliet is now experiencing the exact same thing that Rayna did last year with yet another young talent coming in.  Their career is dog eat dog and Juliet is starting to find that out. 

I do also like that there is another side to Juliet that comes out when she is around Rayna's oldest daughter.  Its obvious that she genuinely likes the girl and has become great support for her.  As for Rayna, maybe she needs to see a voice coach to help her to get her singing voice back, somehow I think this is the direction her story will take. 

#53 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Avery wins the award for most improved and has become one of my favorite characters. I would like to see Juliet and Avery get together at some point. I do not want to see him back with Scarlett in any capacity, because I also find her annoying. I won’t deny that Juliet is very flawed, but she is still my favorite character.

#54 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

As much as I am starting to grow fonder of Avery (please cut that hair already), I think he was a bit too sensitive about that conversation during her private concert. He does work for her at the end of the day, and she's not going to tell some stranger her personal information.  I just thought that was too much of a plot point versus really making any sense at all.   :huh:

I also think Scarlett's little best friend is a sneaky sneak and will be ready to pounce and take her out, when the occasion arises.  This isn't some nice gal befriending her old buddy Scarlett again, not at all.  This girl screams I want my name in lights, and I will make it happen.  She has a great voice too, so I'm waiting to see how this all goes down. 

Now while some of you do not like Scarlett, I happen to enjoy her with Gunnar (who I adore to pieces :wub: ), and I hope they do end up on Rayna's label because they make beautiful music together.  I think Will foreshadowed that with who he thinks fits with Rayna's smaller label (artist vs. performer conversation), but this show never seems to go completely in the direction I think it will.  Gunnar is far too talented to be sitting on the sidelines waiting for his big break.  I don't think Will is half as talented, but Will has a great storyline being stuck in the closet. 

#55 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I don't understand what is wrong with Juliet? Yes, I know she had a hard up bringing but , that is no excuse for her to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. It's not as if she does not have people trying to guild her in the right direction. Every time anyone attempts to help her , she throws their advice back in their face. I have heard of people learning the hard way but this young lady just does not learn at all.

#56 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

From my perspective, I see Juliette being the harder she climbs the harder she is going to fall.  I have a feeling the whole thing with the tour is gonna be something that falls apart.  Maybe the label gets her out of trouble in exchange for removing her or making her second banana to that new girl.  

I'd like to see the wife thank Juliette instead of doing anything obvious.  I think it would be a hilarious twist on the whole situation, but, once again, a lot of this show I am not able to predict as easily as most.  I still think Juliette might become pregnant, and then, Avery can step in and take care of her.  That whole thing with him and Scar needs to die a horrible death already.  She's in love with Gunnar, and he is running away from his feelings for Juliette.

I think the show has oddly enough found its footing with this second season (which is generally the hardest season for a lot of dramas), but, once again, I am not too thrilled with Deacon's new love interest.  I think they do that on purpose because then we feel that connection to Rayna, and how they don't even have to be together to have it.  It's that strong.  

#57 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

Scarlett is super annoying. She's only tolerable with Gunnar, so I wish the writers would just put them back together already and let them have another storyline together as a couple. Two love stories not working on this show is one broken love story too much, IMO.

#58 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

I'm so glad that Rayna decided to call it quits with Luke - they really are not good together.  You can tell that she has always loved Deacon, and they make such a great couple.  But I can't believe that they've given him cancer - now when they have the opportunity to be together.  I'm sure that we're going to find out that Maddie is going to be a compatible donor, and she'll be his only chance to survive - so they'll have the drama of deciding whether they should allow her to donate part of her liver to save him.  I was also sad to see that Gunnar wasn't Micah's father - on an interesting note, the actor who plays Gunnar's son/nephew is actually named Gunnar himself. 

#59 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

I loved this past episode, where they performed a concert, in real life, at the Grand Ole Opry.  The musical talent they have in this show is amazing.  I don't even like Country music, but love watching them perform.  I was surprised though, to not see Connie Britton or Hayden Panettiere there - I wonder why they weren't performing.

Then the teazer preview, Christina Aguilera is going to be on the show.  That should be interesting.  I've never seen her act before, I hope she's good - I always hate seeing celebrities on shows where they just kind of stand there and recite the lines.  It should be an interesting season. 

#60 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

Oh for crying out loud just let Juliette name her baby already.  Here we get to the end of the show and she says the words how about.. and then is cut off.  So now we have to wait another week to find out what name she chose.  Its great that Rayna and Deacon are together at last. Too bad he has to have Cancer just when they did get together.  But then I guess that's what will add the drama for them. I like the song that Juliette and Avery sang to their daughter at the end of the program.