• Please log in to reply
668 replies to this topic

#661 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Seriously I guess I just don't see the great attraction that is Nikolas. For me he is a douche, but then that's the only way I can look at someone who seems to have no boundaries when it comes to women. He went after Emily when she was with Zander. He went after Courtney when she was married to Jax and he was married to Emily. All the while he always made himself look like the good guy painting the others as the bad guy. He tried to do the same thing with his own brother Lucky. In other words, I am just no fan of Nikolas, if he got together with Liz, I don't see him being happy. This guy is seems to be all about the challenge and how it benefits him but then this is how I perceive Nik.

#662 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I guess my fondness for Nikolas comes from watching the show for so many years and having seen him at his best. As for going after someone who was with someone else, most men do that, however when it comes to this character I don't think the storylines were quite that simple. Not to mention, those women went willingly, they weren't coerced. As for being about the challenge, that also applies to all men. They think no means try harder.

#663 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Does anyone besides me find it a little strange to see the Smucker's commercial airing featuring John Ingle (AKA Edward Quatermaine) as the grandfather? Is it just me or is this oddly kind of creepy? I don't recall ever seeing this ad before, but seeing it now is like a weird visit from the other side.

#664 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I wanted to start a new thread for this post under Soap Operas, but for some reason I am currently not able to so I am just sharing it here. Maybe an admin will decide to move it...

I get a daily inspirational quote email and it includes a "Did you know..." item. Today's was about the history of the soap opera and I thought others might find it interesting:

Did you know... 

... that today is the birthday of the Soap Opera? Faraway Hill, the first soap opera on TV, premiered on the DuMont network in 1946. The show's plot revolved around a widowed New Yorker, Karen St. John, who moved to a small town to be near relatives. There she met a man who had been adopted by her family, and with whom she fell in love. However, he was already engaged to another woman. And thus the soap opera was born! ;-) 

#665 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

SOD is saying Kristen Alderson is out 

http://www.soapopera...en-alderson-out

#666 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

SOD is saying Kristen Alderson is out 

http://www.soapopera...en-alderson-out

I wish her well but good riddance.

#667 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

Well, it's not like her character was all that important in the landscape of Port Charles happenings. Kiki has no ties there beyond her parents, and she really has no life. She doesn't have a job... now she has to take care of her infant sister. Or is it just the actress leaving the show to be replaced by someone else who will carry on with the character in her stead?

#668 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

I was kind of suprised to find out that KA was leaving the show.  I thought TPTB were invested in the Kiki character perhaps more then the viewers were.  But I do find one thing odd around the time that I find out that KA is leaving i find out that Rebecca Budig formerly of AMC has been signed on to play an undisclosed role.  That's not to say that RB will be a recast of Kiki, after all there is an age difference between the two actresses but I do kind of find the timing odd as if maybe one actress was sacrifaced to make room for the other.  This is just my interpretation but I have seen this happen before in the past in daytime TV.

#669 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

Not feeling the new Kiki at all. I wonder if Silas will bring Kiki to Ava or convince Ava to turn herself in once she is all healed up. I've been working a lot so I am not on top of all of the changes. I hope something good is on the horizon to make me want to tune in - right now it doesn't seem I've been missing much.