Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Here's a picture from episode 2 of Bones.

Posted Image

You know, at first, I was kinda nervous that they had a baby and jumped to living together so quickly--but you know, I'm kinda glad. It was time.

#3 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I'm a Bones fan! wub Anyone else?

I'm a Bones fan! I love how they've developed the Booth/Brennan relationship. Becoming a mother has changed Bones, but she's still very much herself. She's more understanding of Booth and his needs and beliefs while also still being out of touch enough to think she should run for President :)

#4 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

What keeps me watching this show is that I just love Booth and Bones. I also love the murders--the "team" who solves them -- and it's all very entertaining to me.

And how cute is he?

Posted Image

#5 Collin1000

Collin1000

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm a huge Bones fan, but this season hasn't been very good so far - in my opinion at least. Season 6 was my favorite. :thumbsup:

#6 streakanime

streakanime

Cordial

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I actually just started watching Bones on Netflix. (: I'm only about 11 episodes into the series. But, I love it so far! It is very interesting and I love the different personalities they've given to the characters. There are a lot of unique and individual ones. I like the combination of drama and comedy. It definitely keeps you entertained. Which... is sometimes hard to do considering there are just so many crime shows now.

#7 JaimieSkye

JaimieSkye

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm just not feeling it this season. Anyone else not feeling the love this season? I can't really put my finger on why. Maybe because the anticipation of Bones and Booth getting together isn't there anymore?

#8 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Bones is one of my favorite tv shows. I love watching the cases that they solve in every episodes and some of the characters can be quite funny; even the serious Brennan. She can be quite child-like in her approach and that can be quite endearing to watch. But she can also sometimes be quite insensitive but she's never pretentious and that is what I like about her.

#9 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

I love Bones; it's so funny sometimes. I haven't kept up with it as well since the time slot change back to Monday night, especially with the baseball interruption. I like the diversity of the characters and how the brainier ones interact with the others. It can be a little gruesome at times but the science aspect is interesting.

#10 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

It can be a little gruesome at times but the science aspect is interesting.

I know what you mean. The bodies that they brought in to investigate can sometimes be so gruesome and I supposed it must smell very bad too. In every episode, seldom will we find a nice looking body. It's always mangled in some way that identification can be impossible. And that is why I'm really amazed at how the team can put together the evidence to lead to the identification of the body. The science behind it all is truly amazing.

#11 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

It can be a little gruesome at times but the science aspect is interesting.

I know what you mean. The bodies that they brought in to investigate can sometimes be so gruesome and I supposed it must smell very bad too. In every episode, seldom will we find a nice looking body. It's always mangled in some way that identification can be impossible. And that is why I'm really amazed at how the team can put together the evidence to lead to the identification of the body. The science behind it all is truly amazing.

It's a good thing the show is fictional, Uminoor, decomp is not a pleasant smell. I don't know how people in that profession deal with the odor. I looked outside a few days ago and noticed about 5 police cars. They were trying to get into the house across the street, but couldn't get past the dog. I thought there had been some kind of animal complaint, but they were trying to get to the man who lived there after no one had been able to reach him.

By the time they were able to enter, it was pretty obvious he was not alive. When the wind direction changed it became even more obvious. Thankfully he hadn't been there for too long or the scene could have been much worse.

#12 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

It's a good thing the show is fictional, Uminoor, decomp is not a pleasant smell. I don't know how people in that profession deal with the odor.

I know the smell of decomposition can be very unpleasant. I just have to walk past the garbage dump site to know how it will smell like. But I think people in this profession use some kind of ointment to mask the smell. I see that in CSI Miami, I think. One of the characters would apply something under his nose before he goes to meet with the coroner to look at the body. But then as Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds once said in one episode, the mind will get used to the smell and will eventually ignore the smell. I don't think I will ever be able to ignore such an unpleasant smell.

#13 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

It's a good thing the show is fictional, Uminoor, decomp is not a pleasant smell. I don't know how people in that profession deal with the odor.

I know the smell of decomposition can be very unpleasant. I just have to walk past the garbage dump site to know how it will smell like. But I think people in this profession use some kind of ointment to mask the smell. I see that in CSI Miami, I think. One of the characters would apply something under his nose before he goes to meet with the coroner to look at the body. But then as Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds once said in one episode, the mind will get used to the smell and will eventually ignore the smell. I don't think I will ever be able to ignore such an unpleasant smell.

That is interesting, Uminoor, because the character Grissom (I think that was his name) from the original CSI would never have allowed that. Doing stuff like that to mask odor interferes with the job. They might not smell something that would be important evidence to the case. The officers I saw approach my neighbor's front door merely covered their faces.

I think you would have to get good at holding your breath, but I am sure there is some kind of conditioning they go through in the real world to be able to deal with it. A friend of mine used to work in the crime lab and she hated the show because she said it was nothing like the real job. She did experiment a lot, but the average police department doesn't have those gadgets you see on TV and it makes solving cases difficult, especially when the crime folk get in front of a jury. People expect thins to be like on TV.

#14 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

A friend of mine used to work in the crime lab and she hated the show because she said it was nothing like the real job. She did experiment a lot, but the average police department doesn't have those gadgets you see on TV and it makes solving cases difficult, especially when the crime folk get in front of a jury. People expect thins to be like on TV.

That is what I told my husband. These tv shows make the jobs of real police officers difficult. People see CSI personnel on tv solves crimes in an hour using advanced technology when I doubt this technology even exists. An example is the method used by the CSIs to make a blurred image clearer. I've read somewhere that such technology doesn't exist. What really happens on the set is that the techie people would take a clear image and blur it out and when the actors make the blurred image clearer, it's just showing the original image. It really makes real police work hard because people expect more since the police on tv can do it why can't the police in real life not do it too?

#15 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

A friend of mine used to work in the crime lab and she hated the show because she said it was nothing like the real job. She did experiment a lot, but the average police department doesn't have those gadgets you see on TV and it makes solving cases difficult, especially when the crime folk get in front of a jury. People expect thins to be like on TV.

That is what I told my husband. These tv shows make the jobs of real police officers difficult. People see CSI personnel on tv solves crimes in an hour using advanced technology when I doubt this technology even exists. An example is the method used by the CSIs to make a blurred image clearer. I've read somewhere that such technology doesn't exist. What really happens on the set is that the techie people would take a clear image and blur it out and when the actors make the blurred image clearer, it's just showing the original image. It really makes real police work hard because people expect more since the police on tv can do it why can't the police in real life not do it too?

Uminoor, that is it exactly. People don't get that the reason the police in real life cant do the same things as the TV ones is money. What would be funny is a TV show where this sort of thing comes up often. You know, where someone could say things like "this isn't CSI," in the course of the action.

There was a program that aired a few months back and the promos showed two women talking to a service person in a hotel about a ruined dress and the worker responded "This isn't Project Runway!" I never saw the show, but I thought that scene was funny.

#16 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Uminoor, that is it exactly. People don't get that the reason the police in real life cant do the same things as the TV ones is money. What would be funny is a TV show where this sort of thing comes up often. You know, where someone could say things like "this isn't CSI," in the course of the action.

Television shows like CSI do make for good entertainment but it really makes real police officers' job difficult especially when the public is exposed to such television shows with so much high-tech equipment being used. I think for every episodes of CSI, there should be a disclaimer stating that what the audience is about to see is not what really happens in real police work and that they are just the result of the writers' imagination. But even with such disclaimers, there will be gullible people who would believe that such things shown on tv shows like CSI are possible.

#17 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Television shows like CSI do make for good entertainment but it really makes real police officers' job difficult especially when the public is exposed to such television shows with so much high-tech equipment being used. I think for every episodes of CSI, there should be a disclaimer stating that what the audience is about to see is not what really happens in real police work and that they are just the result of the writers' imagination. But even with such disclaimers, there will be gullible people who would believe that such things shown on tv shows like CSI are possible.

Well some things we see in movies and television shows are possible or are in the process of becoming possible. Remember the book 1984? When it was written no one had ever heard of a television. The real problem isn't how gullible jurors are, but how little they understand the legal process. The literacy rate in many communities is poor so just imagine what happens when the average citizen is summoned to jury duty.

#18 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Well some things we see in movies and television shows are possible or are in the process of becoming possible. Remember the book 1984? When it was written no one had ever heard of a television. The real problem isn't how gullible jurors are, but how little they understand the legal process. The literacy rate in many communities is poor so just imagine what happens when the average citizen is summoned to jury duty.

I've never understood the jury system of justice. In my country, we don't have a jury system. We have in place of that a panel of three judges who will determine the guilt or innocence of the accused after much deliberation. I think that should be fairer because the judges wouldn't be swayed by a glib lawyer.

You're right. Things that we see in movies and tv show may be a prediction of what technology may be possible in the future. When I watch some of these tv shows where the characters use very advanced technology, I'm really amazed.

I really admire how Angela can reconstruct faces and scenarios of the murder. That is so amazing. She's so brilliant for someone so pretty.

#19 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

The point of the jury system is to be fairly judged by your peers - people who will relate to you and not necessarily pass judgement without taking all of the facts into consideration. Juries are made up of twelve people, so you have a better chance than with only three deliberating over your fate. Judges are also more "judgmental" (ever been to traffic court?) than the average person who wants to be sure they are making the right decision about someone's freedom.

#20 streakanime

streakanime

Cordial

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

I cannot wait for more episodes of this to get on Netflix!! I absolutely adore this series. Its so cute and addictive. I can just sit and watch it all day. I have no issues watching re-runs with this series either. I honestly get on my husband's nerves watching it so much. :)