Bones

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 SkyTech6

SkyTech6

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Bones is without doubt my favorite show ever. No doubt about it. Bones is a great character and her relationship with Booth has been so sketchy for so long that we all saw the whole together and mother thing coming. It wasn't an unexpected twist to the plot at all and I'm sure everyone guess it by the end of the first episode haha.

Unlike most shows, I wish Bones was more commercial. I would love to have some kind of fandom merchandise to sport for the show. Perhaps a skeleton thingy or something I don't know haha. ANYTHING!

I greatly enjoy watching this show no matter what time it comes on even if I'm waiting until 1 am in the morning for it to come on some of the local channels! :D

#22 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I do actually like the character of Dr Temperance Brennan as portrayed by Emily Deschanel but some may accuse her of being very insensitive and so full of herself. She's never let anyone not know that she's a genius and that she's good at what she does which is the truth. She takes the truth so literally that sometimes it can be quite funny seeing her social ineptness.

#23 winnifred

winnifred

Cordial

• 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Yes I am a Bones fan. I think is is very well written with lots of intelligence and substance. To me it seems unique in the Crime Drama show scene, with not much gun slinging during the show. I think the characters are perfect for their roles and play them naturally. I hope Bones continues to thrive.

#24 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

I do actually like the character of Dr Temperance Brennan as portrayed by Emily Deschanel but some may accuse her of being very insensitive and so full of herself. She's never let anyone not know that she's a genius and that she's good at what she does which is the truth. She takes the truth so literally that sometimes it can be quite funny seeing her social ineptness.

I think that is the point, UmiNoor. People see scientists as nerds and geeks and so a character like this serves two purposes: it reminds everyone that smart people are human and even though they may not show it, they have feelings too. It can also serve to inspire the "nerds" and "geeks" to come out of their shells more and try and connect with the "muggles" of the world so they can have more fulfilling lives.

#25 fee8002

fee8002

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

I love Bones, has to be one of my favorite shows on tv at the moment. I honestly don't believe i have missed an episode thanks to DVR's :)

I was soo excited to see Booth and Bones become a couple and was very surprised how well it worked into the show. 

Has anyone read the books that this series is based off of? they are really entertaining as well. 

#26 winnifred

winnifred

Cordial

• 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yes I really like the Bones TvVshow. I think Temeperence Brennan's personality fits in well with her being a scientist because she has to view things literally and factually. So while she may insult or shock many people along the way, her personality seems to suit her profession. I think the parts where she shamelessly says that she is smarter and better than most people is truly funny!

#27 tierapatt50

tierapatt50

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Sad to say that i watched like half of the first episode and I was very bored and uninterested so I never even finished that episode or tried to tune into any other episodes. I always hear that a lot of people like it and it has to be good because it is still going but I do not know if it is the show for me but I do want to watch a few more episodes before i make the decision to never watch it again.

#28 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I haven't been keeping up; I missed a lot of shows this past season and I haven't been as interested as I was before. It's tough also when you have to make a choice between two or more shows. I know you can catch episodes online, but I just never have the time for that. In order for me to watch TV online I would have to have a second computer.

#29 Tempe

Tempe

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm so glad we have a new season of Bones. It's my favorite show that is currently running. I like the characters and their interaction, as well as the plots.

#30 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

What keeps me watching this show is that I just love Booth and Bones. I also love the murders--the "team" who solves them -- and it's all very entertaining to me.

And how cute is he?

4gkhle.png

That is such a cute picture! I haven't seen this season yet. Booth is such a funny and cute character. I have always liked David's acting ability as well. 

#31 kendra101a

kendra101a

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

The new season has finally arrived as did my tears. I couldn't believe they would just kill off Sweets like that!! I cried. A lot. And for Daisy to be pregnant.....I'm ready to cry again just thinking about it. I do like the new guy in to take his place though. I like his humor a lot! I'm really curious to see where this season is heading though. Usually there is a bigger storyline a midst the smaller ones and so far I'm not seeing it yet. So glad this show is still on the air!!

#32 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

I never thought they'd do that to be honest, poor Sweets!  I mean, he was part of the team, but not as close as let's say Angela or Booth. Still, it was such a shocker they killed him off just like that! Poor Daisy! Being pregnant and having to deal with his death, that has always been a nightmare scenario for me.  I guess they did this in order to shock old and not so old fans...

#33 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

Does anyone know when this comes back on again?  I have a DVR and record everything, But Bones conflicts with two other shows I watch, and my DVR can only record two shows - boo.  So I have to watch it on Roku, through Fox Now.  I know they had a "mid-season" break back in January or so, and it's supposed to come back on soon, but I haven't seen any commercials.  Anyway, if you know when the next new episode comes on, please let me know!  Thanks.

#34 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

I never thought they'd do that to be honest, poor Sweets!  I mean, he was part of the team, but not as close as let's say Angela or Booth. Still, it was such a shocker they killed him off just like that! Poor Daisy! Being pregnant and having to deal with his death, that has always been a nightmare scenario for me.  I guess they did this in order to shock old and not so old fans...

OMG! I haven't seen Bones in a while! Sweets is one of my favorite characters in the show. I just somehow got lost track of the show for reasons I could no longer remember. I have got to go back and see this! I don't care much for Daisy since I find her weirdly irritating, but since you mention that she's pregnant and had to deal with Sweets' death I can't help but feel for her. Poor thing.

#35 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

I know, right?  I also lost track of this TV show for a bit, which might sound odd to some because I started watching this TV show since season one, but this show has been running for a while... So after a while I felt like I needed a break, or more like I had to pick between this TV show and other new and more interesting looking ones.  I always end up watching this TV show tho ;)  Always! 

#36 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

I have to say, I'm really enjoying baby Christine's character and her interaction with Bones and Booth.  To see aspects of both her parents in her is just too funny - she's analytical like her mother and really seems to be able to wrap Booth around her finger.  I also enjoyed seeing Cyndi Lauper back in the last episode - I love the character they've created with her.  It was heartwarming that she was able to find the manuscript that Sweets had finished right before his death. 

#37 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:54 AM

Me too, she is adorable!!!  I was thinking she'd take after her mother in that aspect all this time, so I was happy when she turned out to be the way I expected!  Love it!  I have always loved the chemistry of David and Emily! No wonder the show has been running for 10 seasons!  I grew up watching it!! So far I am loving how all the characters have developed.