Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Wow I can't believe that Switched at Birth already ended the season. Am I the only one that found it very short? I don't know how they did it, but they managed to make Emmett likable again. Its pretty obvious that Bey is going to go back to him. Do you think that the pregnant lady that came in the court room, is going to end up being Angelo's baby mama? Oh boy here we go again.

#3 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Farrah, I agree with you that Bay will definitely go back to him at this point. He's just too good for her to say no to.

As for the pregnant lady, I don't know if she'll actually be his baby mama....but there is no doubt that they're going to turn it into a dramatic thing where they're not sure and there'll have to be tests and whatnot to see if it's his.....and a whole story of how they met, how this happened, etc. I wonder which of the girls would actually consider the baby to be her "sister/brother." I'm guessing Bay would?

What do you think about the relationship with Chef Jeff?

#4 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

I think Chef Jeff was just a all around Jerk. Typical guy looking for a good time. I was glad to see Angelo and that hot latin temper punch him at the restaurant in front of everyone. He deserved it. Taking advantage of a High School girl is just disgusting. He knows better than that. I think he takes advantage of any woman he can when he can. Now, I wish Daphne would wake up and smell the coffee. She needs to realize that sometimes parents make mistakes and deserve to be forgiven. Its called unconditional love.

#5 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

The season did seem oddly short, maybe it means the new season will be a bit longer. It would not be that unusual for Bey and Emmett to get back together; that's what people do in real life after all. Part of growing up is learning how to behave in relationships, taking responsibility for your actions, showing forgiveness, etc.

Daphne's relationship with the chef is also normal. Should he have been messing around with her? No. Then again, she's not a typical teenager and she was hardly a virgin. Teenagers in real life get into all sorts of things they shouldn't these days and unfortunately, TV reflects that.

I can't wait to find out who the pregnant woman is who showed up in court looking for Angelo. These twists are like a nighttime version of a daytime soap opera. The most interesting thing for me about this show though is that it is largely centered on deaf culture.

I've only seen Bunheads a couple times. It's fine if nothing else is on, but I never found myself waiting to see what was going to happen next.

#6 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

I've gotta agree. While I'm not fond of some of the stuff that happened with them, I don't think Chef Jeff was simply taking advantage of some high school girl. Was the relationship inappropriate? Sure. Was it so crazy to imagine as something positive? Nope.

#7 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Anyone know when Switched at Birth comes back on? I wish the seasons lasted longer. They really leave you hanging. I am really curious of the pregnant lady. I just keep thinking, please. please, please be his sister or something. COme on it could happen. I had such high hopes for Angelo changing.... I know I am a sucker for the hot latinos..... :*(

#8 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

The first week of January!

Actually, I just went to look and it's set to air again on January 7. At least they're not putting it off until March or something crazy like that.

#9 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Well I am looking forward to that. I am really interested to know who the baby daddy is of the pregnant lady that walked in at the last minute of the show.

#10 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

I had such high hopes for Angelo changing.... I know I am a sucker for the hot latinos..... :*(

LOL, you're not the only one afflicted thus! That's why we keep seeing them on screen! Ever see The Mambo Kings? I love that scene when they're in the club and the one woman says "He thinks he's the last Coca-cola in the desert," and the other one says "He is!"

#11 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I had such high hopes for Angelo changing.... I know I am a sucker for the hot latinos..... :*(

LOL, you're not the only one afflicted thus! That's why we keep seeing them on screen! Ever see The Mambo Kings? I love that scene when they're in the club and the one woman says "He thinks he's the last Coca-cola in the desert," and the other one says "He is!"

I haven't seen Mambo Kings, lol but now I know I need too.

#12 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

The first week of January!

Actually, I just went to look and it's set to air again on January 7. At least they're not putting it off until March or something crazy like that.

It drives me crazy when they put the new season of shows off for that long. Don't they realize it gives you time to find something new to watch? I also hate when they move the time slots around so you end up missing the show you like when it finally starts airing again. TV is becoming so hard to keep up with. The programmers are really taking the fun out of it.

#13 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

I also hate when they move the time slots around so you end up missing the show you like when it finally starts airing again. TV is becoming so hard to keep up with. The programmers are really taking the fun out of it.

I don't think that's quite as big of an issue for them to consider any more, though. So many people have TiVo to record them. Or they can watch them online instead, so the original time slot isn't quite as key.

#14 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

I don't think that's quite as big of an issue for them to consider any more, though. So many people have TiVo to record them. Or they can watch them online instead, so the original time slot isn't quite as key.

Almost no one in my circle of friends has TiVo or a DVR. I used to watch stuff online, but that didn't always work out (Fox shows would never play). Now I just never seem to have time, or I can't find the episodes I am looking for...

#15 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Fair enough. The opposite is true with my circles. Most people I know, have some sort of recording option except for me, lol. I totally understand not being able to find exactly what is desired online, though.

#16 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Ahhh yes, Switched At Birth came back tonight....Can you believe that they led us on with Bay and Emmet getting back together, only to slow it down again? Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching our hot latino friend Angelo, and his shinanigans lol. Did the first episode of this season go as you hoped it would?

#17 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Lmao at the ending for the Bunheads episode!!

I was getting bored with it and thinking "come on, get on with it, bring her back to the studio and stop dragging this out." Then the ending came and I really did laugh out loud at it, ha!

#18 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Okay, and just finished up Switched at Birth. I wasn't really impressed with it. It wasn't a bad episode, but it didn't really add that much to the storyline that we didn't already know or couldn't have assumed (like the stuff with Angelo).

I'm really interested to see where they go with this food truck thing, though. I know it sounds silly, but it could change things for a couple of the main characters.

#19 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Okay, and just finished up Switched at Birth. I wasn't really impressed with it. It wasn't a bad episode, but it didn't really add that much to the storyline that we didn't already know or couldn't have assumed (like the stuff with Angelo).

I'm really interested to see where they go with this food truck thing, though. I know it sounds silly, but it could change things for a couple of the main characters.

yeah the food truck thing is kinda way out there..... Maybe it will help Travis make enough money not to be homeless and sleeping at the Carwash anymore.

#20 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm hoping so.

I kind of wish they wouldn't have had the guy mess with her on her first night out, trying to do a good thing. I get the reason behind it and all, but she was trying to offer up food at the rates she wanted to instead of the "rich rates," and it backfired.