Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

#2 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Iron Chef is one of the shows that keep Food Network on the map. But then again, the old Iron Chef did that as well. But personally, I like the old Iron Chef better. They had crazier, more imaginative food. Like they could make ice-cream out of almost anything.

Case in point, squid ink ice cream.

#3 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I remember the original Iron Chef program, this was very entertaining to watch. I enjoyed seeing some of these strange things that the contestants came up with, it did seem a bit more out there then the American version. I still like to watch Iron Chef America though, and there are times when I wonder how the chefs are going to create dishes from the secret ingredient. For example when they were given Halloween Candy to create dishes with. Now that was an interesting challenge that had some interesting creations come out of it.

As for the competition program the Next Iron Chef. I have to admit I have not been able to really get into this. I don't know why I guess I feel like it was just created to get more mileage out of the franchise then anything else.

#4 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Iron Chef is one of the shows that keep Food Network on the map. But then again, the old Iron Chef did that as well. But personally, I like the old Iron Chef better. They had crazier, more imaginative food. Like they could make ice-cream out of almost anything.

EW. I always wonder when I see these shows where they cook up these crazy dishes and outlandish meals. Who actually walks into a restaurant and orders this stuff? If ever?

#5 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

There was an interesting article that came out a few years ago from someone who had gone to a taping of it. He basically said that it was nothing like what you see on TV. They actually spend like 4 hours cooking the food and it's not nearly as frantic as portrayed. Also, the food that the judges end up eating is recreated by a separate team behind the scenes. They know in advance what the secret ingredient is too (no shocker there I suppose).

#6 4justice

4justice

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

EW. I always wonder when I see these shows where they cook up these crazy dishes and outlandish meals. Who actually walks into a restaurant and orders this stuff? If ever?

Oddly enough, rich people eat that nasty stuff.  Me personally, just looking at half of that stuff can turn my stomach inside out. But rich people have the idea that nasty food= fancy food. lol

#7 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

In the beginning when they show the silhouettes of the chefs standing in the background - those are fake actors impersonating the real chefs. I suppose this makes sense since there is no sense in really bringing them all there if they aren't competing - but it also shows how the challenger has already decided on who he was going to battle long before the show starts taping.