#1 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

For the Week of February 6

Ronan says goodbye to Genoa City.

Billy and Victoria are wary as Chelsea's scheming mother, Anita, arrives in town.

Jack struggles to come to terms with his condition.

Facing danger, Kevin makes an impulsive decision.

Jeff is at last reunited with Gloria

Source

#2 bajangirl01

bajangirl01

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

The minute Sharon decided that Adam was more important to her than Faith, I stopped watching this show and I see that nothing has changed,since she is even more stupid than she was before.Adam has to be the most propped character on the soaps.

#3 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I happen to have the channel on CBS (waiting for the Talk to come on ) was my eyes playing tricks on me or was Sharon having sex with ADAM?

Omg is Sharon Case playing a different character?

#4 Daphne

Daphne

Noob

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Sharon is sleeping with Adam still. I saw a bit of it today. Wanted to gouge my eyes out.

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Sharon is sleeping with Adam still. I saw a bit of it today. Wanted to gouge my eyes out.

I read he was blind.

It won't surprise me at all if it turns out he is faking it all along. In fact, I will be surprise if he is not faking it.

Did they resolve the marriage between Victor and Sharon? She can't be married to the father while sleeping with the son

#6 TakeMeAway

TakeMeAway

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

I've watched "The Young and the Restless" since it first aired in the early 1970s. I remember that it started with the Brooks family. I thought they had four daughters, but I can only remember three names: Chris, Lorie and Leslie Brooks. Chris went with Snapper Foster, who was Jill Foster's brother. The only character left is Jill. She came over from another daytime soap where she played a character whose name I can't recall. Jill and Mrs. Chancellor are left over from the early days, as is Victor Newman. Boy, but this show brings back memories. I used to watch it with a group of telephone operators when we were on our lunch break. It was only half an hour long when it first came out, so we had time to watch it faithfully.

#7 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Wow, that seems like a lifetime ago. I wasn't even born, hell my mother was not even 10 years lol

Telephone Operators? Please tell me you watch Mad Men. If you were a working lady during the 60s/70s that show is for you. I recommend it to everyone but people who lived through those years will relate to the characters more . You have four whole seasons to watch of that wonderful show. IMO it is one of the best shows on currently on TV

Now on the Young and Restless, I've started watching again. I can't believe not only was Daisy released from jail but the judge gave her custody of the baby.

We are talking about a girl that kidnapped and tortured two defenseless women. One of them was Lauren whose husband was the lawyer who managed to loose the case. Michael is better than that.

The judge has to be on crack to release and reward that psycho

#8 TakeMeAway

TakeMeAway

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Wendy, that was when I was in my senior year of high school and the year following. I was a telephone operator from 3-8 my senior year of high school. It was definitely a long time ago, but I remember it well.

Speaking of Michael Baldwin and how Lauren has been so mistreated by Daisy, I also remember when Michael Baldwin was a psychotic rapist after Christine, Lauren's best friend. He beat her almost senseless after stalking her and filling her with terror. Over the years, he certainly has changed his stripes, hasn't he? He used to make Adam look like a man of the cloth.

I haven't seen "Mad Men," but I limit my television viewing. When I find one I like, I have marathon sessions after the full season has finished and watch it straight through on Netflix or Hulu. Maybe I'm in for a treat with "Mad Men."

#9 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

I remember as a young girl my mom catching the block from around 10 AM with Young and Restless until 2 PM with whatever soap was on in the late 60's. I wasn't allowed to speak until a commercial or get the stink eye and if I was close, a swipe, LOL. My dad didn't see the point, it wasn't "useful" TV. Mom faithfully watched Young And Restless for years until she returned to work. Now that she's retired, she catches all her favorites every day.

I didn't get hooked until I watched an episode out of boredom and was taken in by the love story revolving around Nikki (at the time) and the cat fights usually involving Jill (who wasn't she involved with?). I'm afraid my 10 years plus since I've watched I have lost touch with the majority of characters. I have no idea who is still with us, who isn't, who morphed into another character, who's still in a coma, who married who, etc.

#10 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

The good thing about these soaps is that you can pick up anywhere, you'll be able to figure out who is what in no time at all. The stories drag and overlap , it is a never ending cycle

How is that I am feeling sorry for Phyliss, I hate that woman but Daisy is plain psychotic, it is a crime that she is roaming around Genoa city free of all charges

#11 TakeMeAway

TakeMeAway

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

The good thing about these soaps is that you can pick up anywhere, you'll be able to figure out who is what in no time at all. The stories drag and overlap , it is a never ending cycle

How is that I am feeling sorry for Phyliss, I hate that woman but Daisy is plain psychotic, it is a crime that she is roaming around Genoa city free of all charges

Bittersweet, I've never been able to feel sorry for Phyllis because of one loose thread that never got resolved or showed up on the show again. Many years ago, Phyllis was driving a car. She deliberately ran over Paul and Chris with her car. They never solved the riddle of the hit-and-run driver, and it never came up again. My sister and I often comment about that loose end. Phyllis deliberately set out to kill Chris and Paul. So Phyllis is learning what goes around comes around.

#12 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Is it me or do the soaps struggle with life imitating art? I find the reality shows and bold topics on talk shows choking the life out of soaps. why tune into something fake when you can merely change the channel to the real deal? I think that's why I stopped watching soaps. Young And Restless was an addiction until I found Springer, Real Housewives of _____, and of course the court reality shows.

#13 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

It isn't just you Deborah1962, soaps don't imitate life period

By real deal you don't mean Housewives do you?

#14 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

I watched today's show but ask me what it was about and I won't be be able to tell you if my life depended on it.

Total filler show. I see Vicki and immediately space out

#15 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Probably why I started channel surfing when it came on because I find that there are just some days it doesn't pay to watch. There's always a lull in the plot (usually after a zinger) or one or more of the writers on the show is on vacation and nothing is buzzing around the table for ideas. I know they tape these things in advance, still, you wonder if they get to the point of just pulling an idea out of the hat and it's gotten down to the last few scraps of paper and THIS is what they pulled.

#16 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

No not housewives. I just meant that you get your host of people and situations that do arise in real life. The cheaters, the haters, the users, the whiners, those involved with the law in a bad way, the family member who causes trouble for everyone and so on. It's true though that soaps tend to over dramatize everything and over exaggerate it to the point of it just being silly but, I've watched some talk shows that had plots and problems that made the soap version pale in comparison.

#17 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

No not housewives. I just meant that you get your host of people and situations that do arise in real life. The cheaters, the haters, the users, the whiners, those involved with the law in a bad way, the family member who causes trouble for everyone and so on. It's true though that soaps tend to over dramatize everything and over exaggerate it to the point of it just being silly but, I've watched some talk shows that had plots and problems that made the soap version pale in comparison.

TBH I feel like some of the talk shows themselves are staged. The situations are that unbelievable to me

#18 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

TBH I feel like some of the talk shows themselves are staged. The situations are that unbelievable to me

Jerry Springer comes to mind immediately. With all that hitting and no blood? please. I stopped watching Maury for that same reason. I enjoy court dramas though, those are real IF they have an actual judge. I do catch Y&R just to catch up every once in a blue moon but with the court shows taking up the day, I rarely get an opportunity. I do remember the original cast and check the main site to see if they're still around. I haven't lately and really need to do that.

#19 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

I think my head about exploded when Daisy in a very nasty way file Lauren she'll have to learn to live with her.

Psychotic bitch!

#20 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Avery and Michael. Just no!