• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#241 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

Yeah I agree. There is no such thing, because Young & the Restless has been on air for over 41 years and the show has over thousands and thousands of hours in content. You wouldn`t find that anywhere on the internet and I don`t think anyone would even tackle the hassle of having to put all that up if they even have all the episodes to begin with. Also the Y&R producers probably wouldn`t even think about putting the seasons up for sale or airing marathons on another channel like Passions did unless the show ended.

#242 Charli1908

Charli1908

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

I used to watch the Young & Restless years ago with my mother (mainly over the summers), and I was a fan; however, over the course of the years, school and other things got in the way. I would like to pick it back up, but from the beginning! I know, that's probably a crazy idea as this soap has been running for years and years. 

But does anyone know where I can stream it or purchase it from the very beginning? All suggestions welcomed!

You can't possibly stream or purchase a show that is over 40 years old, that airs 5 days a week for an hour. It is impossible.

I wouldn't say impossible. Soaps are legendary! I don't see why they haven't been comprised into some type of mega classic DVD collection. If nothing like this exists, that's fine. Only a question! But I wouldn't say it's impossible. 

#243 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

I decided to watch Adam's downfall.

He is yelling at Billy. Screaming at him. But that is okay. Adam is haunted by Delia, he is sorry. It makes him being a self-righteous jerk okay. He makes me want to throw up. 

#244 aimerz

aimerz

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

Does anyone here still watch this soap? I am a little surprised there hasn't been anything said about it since January. I still watch it every day. I will admit, there are times when it is really slow, but there is a lot going on right now. I think it is crazy that Dylan ended up being Pauls son.

I also think it is really interesting what happened to Neil. I have a feeling his wife will probably stay with him now though. Oh and the thing with Mariah? Who is she really? Is she Ians real daughther? Is she some clone of Cassie? Will Phyllis finally wake up in one of the next weeks episodes? I have a feeling she will since they replaced her with a different actress.

If she was just going to pass away, you would think they would have already put that in the storyline instead of having a different actress play her. When she wakes up I am sure it will make things really complicated for Jack! I am guessing Summer will probably get lectured too.

Edited by Arya Stark, 16 August 2014 - 10:54 PM.
Space

#245 simmy

simmy

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

I still watch the show.  This is my 24th year of watching Y&R.  I used to read a lot of the spoilers so I knew in advance what was going to happen, but I have stopped doing that over the past year or so.  I agree there are slow times, but right now there are quite a few interesting things going on.  

I will be interested to see how the Mariah story plays out.  I was sad when they killed off Cassie and am happy that Camryn Grimes (the actress that plays Mariah) is back on the show.  I have a feeling it is going to turn out that she is related to Cassie in some way.

I am sure Phyllis will wake up now that Jack has decided to move on.  Phyllis, played by Michelle Stafford, has always been one of my favorite characters.  There was another actress that played Phyllis for a little while and it just was not the same.  I am glad the character will be back on the show, but know it will not be the same with a different actress.  It is the same way I feel about Billy.  Now that the character has been recast (for the second time in a short period) it is hard to get used to him.  Although the original 'Billy' resumed the role for a short time, Billy Smith was the best 'Billy' in my opinion.

I look forward to finding out who is the father of Victoria's baby and I can't wait until Sharon's secret is revealed and Nick finds out he really is Summer's father after all!

#246 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

Welcome guys.  I watch on and off, nothing really sticks.

I thought Phyllis woke up? Was it a takeout? I was thrilled at how Jack was ready to drop Dixie (sorry, she'll always be Dixie to me) to go to Phyllis and I hate that bitch.

Dylan is a do gooder just like Jason. Blech.

#247 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'm working from home today and have Y&R on the background. I see Nick and Sharon are getting married again. This makes me happy.

#248 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

I'm working from home today and have Y&R on the background. I see Nick and Sharon are getting married again. This makes me happy.

The wedding won't happen, Phyllis is lurking in the shadows. Sharon throwing her down the stairs will soon be revealed IMO.

I dislike the Phyllis recast so much. She looks nothing like MS.

#249 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

I didn't realize Phyllis was recast. Was Michelle Stafford still playing Phyllis before the recast?

This made me think about Sheila Carter. I know Michelle Stafford took over the role of Sheila after Kimberlin Brown but is there a connection between Sheila and Phyllis. I can't remember.

#250 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

I didn't realize Phyllis was recast. Was Michelle Stafford still playing Phyllis before the recast?

Michelle was still playing her. She is now playing a psycho on General Hospital. 

#251 chattygirl

chattygirl

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

This made me think about Sheila Carter. I know Michelle Stafford took over the role of Sheila after Kimberlin Brown but is there a connection between Sheila and Phyllis. I can't remember.

The only connection I can remember is that Sheila had plastic surgery to look like Phyllis and then kidnapped Phyllis so that she could take her place and get close to Lauren so she could steal her baby again. And I think Sheila took baby Summer, too. When they found Sheila and Phyllis, Lauren had to decided who the real Phyllis was and then she shot and killed Sheila. I keep waiting for the day when they decide that Lauren killed the real Phyllis and this woman has been Sheila all along.   :blink:  

#252 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

I hate role recasts. When I use to watch Y&R regularly, I thought that the actress that played Phyllis was perfect in her role. Like she was Phyllis and brought the whole character to life in ways no other person could. That sucks that is the reality of what happens sometimes.

Also, does anyone know if they've detailed anything about Drucilla? I keep checking in every now and again to see if she resurfaces after that cliff scene with Sharon years ago suggested she had died. I guess she'll never return.

Edited by Phoenix360, 24 October 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#253 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

Also, does anyone know if they've detailed anything about Drucilla? I keep checking in every now and again to see if she resurfaces after that cliff scene with Sharon years ago suggested she had died. I guess she'll never return.

I don't see Dru ever coming back. She'll be wearing a different face if she does, the actress scotched her bridges back then. 

#254 chattygirl

chattygirl

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

If they bring back Drucilla, it won't be Victoria Rowell. She was not well liked on the set.  Can we talk a bit about Ashley's super secret perfume formula-- a love potion?  Really?  I don't have a clue where the writers are going with this.  

Edited by chattygirl, 24 October 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#255 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

I don't see Dru ever coming back. She'll be wearing a different face if she does, the actress scotched her bridges back then. 

That's so unfortunate. I really did enjoy her character and the actress playing it. I would probably say never say never, but I guess viewers are suppose to keep assuming she died now. 

#256 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

I agree that its kind of sad that Michelle Stafford is no longer playing Phyllis.  Don't get me wrong the actress in the role right now is good but its just not the same any longer.  The history of the role under Michelle Stafford would of only added to the current story at hand.  Also, sorry to say but I am not warming to Michelle Stafford on GH.  She is a good actress but the character of Nina is kind of all over the place. 

One minute she a pyscho plotting and cunning.  Next minute we are suppose to be seeing her as the poor little victim who has mental issues because of trauma she suffered.  It seems as if the writers can't make up their minds what to do with her.  Don't get me wrong Stafford seems to rise to the occasion with whatever they are currently giving her which is a credit to her as an actress.  But I am just not fond of the Nina character and find myself wishing that Stafford had negotiated to return to Y&R instead.  I would rather see her in the Phyllis role instead.

#257 Danielle

Danielle

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:51 PM

Y& R has so many twists and turns happening right now it is CRAZY!  it will be interesting to see who killed Austin and what happens from there.  I really can't wait for it to be revealed that Gabriel Bingham is Adam. That is going to make for an even more interesting story line.  The story line with Neil and Hillary was very predictable in the beginning, now it is interesting to see the road Neil is going down and what is going to happen. I can't wait to see today's episode.

#258 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:48 AM

Wait Austin is dead, let me break out into a happy dance.  Sorry, didn't like this character, I felt like the witers wanted to white wash his actions for awhile but it wasn't working for me.  Then stupid Summer, and yes she was stupid beyond belief, singing this jerks praises while thrashing Sharon at every turn.  Seriously when everyone ganged up on Sharon for the whole Summer paternity switch I had to stop watching or following the show for awhile. 

What a bunch of hypicrates the whole lot of them.  Especially Nick he was totally justiefied when he foraged the paternity results that made him the father when Summer as a baby and lived that lie for what eighteen years, but how dare Sharon do such a thing for a few months.  I also couldn't get those around them everyone shrugged their shoulders when Nick did it almost instantly forgiving him but Sharon was another story all together.  I was like come here, if you can all forgive Nick including Summer why is Sharon now public enemy number one, talk about some slanted writing at least it was in my opinion.  Then Nick taking Faith from her, what a jerk, like I said he was the biggest hypocrate of all he does it and eveyrone is expected to understand, Sharon does it while still mentally unstable and how dare she. Yes, she was responsible for Phyllis acccident and I couldn't fault Phyllis for being angry about that but again Sharon wasn't in her right frame of mind at that time, she has a mental condition, what is their excuse.

Edited by pafjlh, 10 April 2015 - 07:52 AM.