• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

This thread will be used to discuss all Bravo shows that are not currently listed in the forum. If discussion of a show starts to pick up, it will be split from this thread and made into its own topic.

List of new shows/seasons starting next week:

Start-Ups: Silicon Valley - Premieres Nov 5 @ 10/9c
LOLwork - Premieres Nov 7 11/10c
Million Dollar Decorators (season 2) - Premieres Nov 13 @ 9/8c

FYI:

Vanderpump Rules gets its own thread.

Spring and Summer 2013 premieres:

“The Kandi Factory” – Premieres Tuesday, April 9

Produced by True Entertainment with Steven Weinstock, Glenda Hersh, Mark Ford, Kevin Lopez and Kandi Burruss as Executive Producers.

Grammy Award winner and multi-platinum songwriter Kandi Burruss of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” helps 16 aspiring artists jumpstart their dreams of stardom. Burruss gives two protégés with no industry experience the opportunity of a lifetime -- a shot at an original song release and music video produced by The Kandi Factory.

“Newlyweds: The First Year” – Premieres Monday, May 6

Produced by Monkey Kingdom with Will Macdonald, David Granger and Lauren Lazin as Executive Producers.

From the moment they say “I do” to their one-year anniversary, for the first time ever we see up close, the first year of marriage in “Newlyweds: The First Year.” This groundbreaking series follows four diverse couples coast-to-coast experiencing the daily trials and tribulations of their first 365 days of marriage captured by Emmy Award-winning and Oscar-nominated documentarian Lauren Lazin.

“Princesses: Long Island” – Premieres Sunday, June 2

Produced by True Entertainment with Steven Weinstock, Glenda Hirsch, Lauren Eskelin, Lenid Rolov and Noah Samton as Executive Producers.

Meet members of the "boomerang generation" - six young women from Great Neck, Long Island who return to their pampered lifestyles in the comfort of their parents’ estates and at the expense of their fathers’ bank accounts. This new docu-series offers a window into their unique family dynamics and personal lives filled with labels, luxury, and love trials.

“Property Envy” – Summer 2013

Produced by World of Wonder, with Randy Barbato, Fenton Bailey, Tom Campbell and Robert Lifton as Executive Producers.

The world’s most exclusive, expensive houses are throwing open their doors to a panel of passionate property experts in this new panel talk show that explores the world of luxury real estate, cutting-edge home technology and trendsetting décor. Every week, our property and design-obsessed host and esteemed panelists will present the homes that give them “Property Envy.”

“Taking Atlanta” (working title) – Summer 2013

Produced by NFGTV and Monami Entertainment with Toby Barraud, Stefan Springman and Mona Scott-Young as Executive Producers.

Atlanta just got even hotter as this group of ambitious young go-getters on the cusp of realizing their dreams work hard, but play even harder. They are shaking up the city’s fashion, music, hospitality and real estate scenes.

“Eat, Drink, Love” – Summer 2013

Produced by Brownstone Entertainment with Drew Brown and Bob Gillan as Executive Producers.

Single, successful, beautiful and connected to the restaurant and food industry in Los Angeles, these ladies take on the traditionally male-dominated industry in their own way as they juggle a world where business always mixes with pleasure.

“Below Deck” - Summer 2013

Produced by 51 Minds with Mark Cronin and Courtland Cox as Executive Producers.

The upstairs and downstairs worlds collide when this young and single crew, known as “yachties,” live, love and work together onboard a privately owned extravagant yacht. Working and tending to the ever-changing needs of their demanding charter guests is not always smooth sailing.

#2 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'll dip my toe in the Bravo pool starting with LOLwork

Interesting show title

#3 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'll dip my toe in the Bravo pool starting with LOLwork

Interesting show title

Good, I'm glad you're giving a Bravo show a chance. I know it is hard to believe but not all Bravo shows are train wrecks.

I am curious to see what this show is about too.

#4 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

One of my favorite Bravo shows is Flipping Out. I know everyone thinks that Jeff is way out there. I actually know someone that behaves the exact same way. I don't know how his employees stand it. He must be paying them a bundle the way he humiliates them.

#5 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I love Flipping Out too. Jeff is no doubt a high maintenance prick, but I think he actually cares for his employees. Jenny and Zoila have been with him for years - that, in my opinion, says a lot about him as an employer.

Doing the drinking game whenever someone said God at Jenny's wedding was hilarious! I haven't watched an episode since the wedding so I have get caught up soon - maybe this weekend I will find time.

#6 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Silicon Valley

It is boring IMO. Bravo could have done better with the casting. Sara is dating Adrian Grenier apparently

I want to like and care about Kim but nope, can't

#7 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Silicon Valley

It is boring IMO. Bravo could have done better with the casting. Sara is dating Adrian Grenier apparently

I want to like and care about Kim but nope, can't

Agreed, it's very boring. I checked out the cast twitters after the first episode and no one on the cast had a very large following. You'd think if they were upcoming in the Silicon Valley community they'd have a decent following on social networks. I doubt this show will last more than a season.

Speaking of other Bravo shows, I enjoyed Gallery Girls when it was airing. I hope it returns for a second season.

#8 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I won't be surprised if they can it either. That thing the British are peddling, seems like a useless device to me

I watched a few episodes of Gallery Girls. They should have named it Desperate Girls

#9 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

This thread will be used to discuss all Bravo shows that are not currently listed in the forum. If discussion of a show starts to pick up, it will be split from this thread and made into its own topic.

List of new shows/seasons starting next week:

Start-Ups: Silicon Valley - Premieres Nov 5 @ 10/9c
LOLwork - Premieres Nov 7 11/10c
Million Dollar Decorators (season 2) - Premieres Nov 13 @ 9/8c

Hmm. Million Dollar Decorators looks interesting. I'll have to check out my local listing on Bravo to set my DVR. I missed the premiere date already so hopefully there will be a rerun somewhere. Thanks for the new post.

#10 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Anyone here seen Tabitha Takes Over? I stumbled upon it this past season, prior to that the show was known as Tabitha Salon Take over. Apparently Tabitha is a highly successful beautician and business woman. She goes into businesses that are failing for some reason.

She studies the business and their practices then gives the owner advice about what could be going wrong with the business. She also gives the place a completely new look to help boost it image. I have to admit that I became hooked watching this past season and I found that I liked Tabitha she could be a bit out spoken but her advice was usually right on the money. It was up to the owner to decide if they were going to take it.

For the most part they did, but I did see one episode where the owner didn't take her advice or change much about the way the business operated and once again the business started to decline. Anyway, its not currently on Bravo because the season ended, but I still found myself liking this how a great deal, and look forward to another season of it.

#11 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Anyone here seen Tabitha Takes Over? I stumbled upon it this past season, prior to that the show was known as Tabitha Salon Take over. Apparently Tabitha is a highly successful beautician and business woman. She goes into businesses that are failing for some reason. She studies the business and their practices then gives the owner advice about what could be going wrong with the business. She also gives the place a completely new look to help boost it image. I have to admit that I became hooked watching this past season and I found that I liked Tabitha she could be a bit out spoken but her advice was usually right on the money. It was up to the owner to decide if they were going to take it. For the most part they did, but I did see one episode where the owner didn't take her advice or change much about the way the business operated and once again the business started to decline. Anyway, its not currently on Bravo because the season ended, but I still found myself liking this how a great deal, and look forward to another seas

on of it.

Oh I liked that show!! She's a hard *ss and plays no games. She cuts it straight and whips those people in line. I too used to watch her shows taped on my DVR but it's been a while since I saw a new episode. I wonder when the next new season starts?

#12 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Anyone here seen Tabitha Takes Over? I stumbled upon it this past season, prior to that the show was known as Tabitha Salon Take over. Apparently Tabitha is a highly successful beautician and business woman. She goes into businesses that are failing for some reason. She studies the business and their practices then gives the owner advice about what could be going wrong with the business. She also gives the place a completely new look to help boost it image. I have to admit that I became hooked watching this past season and I found that I liked Tabitha she could be a bit out spoken but her advice was usually right on the money. It was up to the owner to decide if they were going to take it. For the most part they did, but I did see one episode where the owner didn't take her advice or change much about the way the business operated and once again the business started to decline. Anyway, its not currently on Bravo because the season ended, but I still found myself liking this how a great deal, and look forward to another seas

on of it.

Oh I liked that show!! She's a hard *ss and plays no games. She cuts it straight and whips those people in line. I too used to watch her shows taped on my DVR but it's been a while since I saw a new episode. I wonder when the next new season starts?

I wonder when the new season will begin as well. Like I said I sort of stumbled on her show last year around March so maybe it will be back at the beginning of next year on Bravo. I will have to keep an eye out for it. I found that this is a reality show that I really like. Tabitha has some great advice for her clients and she also knows how to tell it like it is.

#13 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

One Bravo Reality Show I miss is Kathy Griffin. Maybe its because I am from Chicago as well, maybe I just like the mean yet honest comments she makes. All and all, she tells good stories. I liked her reality show, seeing her parents, her staff, and her house were great. I wish she would get another show already.

#14 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Tabitha Takes Over starts it new season on April 4th. I can't wait, I found this show totally addicting when I stumbled upon it last year. Can't wait to see who she sets straight this year, and what businesses she will save. Love this show, its one of my favorites on Bravo.

#15 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Married to Medicine

Anyone watching this show, what do you think about it so far?

I'm watching the mini marathon now.

#16 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Apart from Vanderpump Rules, I haven't been able to get into any of the new Bravo shows. VP was kind of shoved in my face because of the crossover, otherwise I wouldn't have watched it

I haven't tried LA Shrinks yet. I don't think I will, I don't like the premise 

#17 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Married to Medicine is filmed in Atlanta. These ladies are bringing the drama big time! Some people have no shame just to be on television. More background info here.

The debut episode was the highest-rated series premiere since Bethenny Getting Married in 2010 and the most watched non-spinoff series premiere in Bravo history.

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I just watched the last 3 episodes of Married to Medicine and it's off the hook for real!

This happens on tonight's episode.

tumblr_ml0wegFugF1s70e1so1_400.gif

tumblr_ml95rirtle1s70e1so1_400.gif

And Quad is the star of the show.

tumblr_ml953uCx7P1s70e1so1_400.gif

#19 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Married to Medicine

These women are sassy and trashy.

I am more impressed by the quality of their hair weaves because none of it was left on the ground after the fight.

Dr. Simone calling everyone out during the birthday party was hilarious.

I need one other person to watch this with me so we can discuss - pretty please!

In the words of Countess Luann: Money can't buy class. LOL

#20 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Married to Medicine

These women are sassy and trashy.

I am more impressed by the quality of their hair weaves because none of it was left on the ground after the fight.

Dr. Simone calling everyone out during the birthday party was hilarious.

I need one other person to watch this with me so we can discuss - pretty please!

In the words of Countess Luann: Money can't buy class. LOL

I have been hearing about Married to Medicine for some time now, through reviews that I watch about other shows like The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Love and Hip Hop, and other shows like that. I finally decided to download the episodes last night.

I found the first episode just ok, but once I was fifteen minutes into the second episode, then I knew that I was hooked on the drama that I knew that these women were going to provide for me lol. I am liking Mariah so far, and Quad is my girl!

Hate Toya, really love Simone, and I think that Jackie is Ok.

I have just one more episode to watch before I am all caught up :(

That fight was one of the funniest fights I have ever seen in reality television history. Mariah's mom gave me life!!! LMAO!

Edited by pipergale, 27 April 2013 - 07:28 AM.