• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Married to Medicine. I totally loved tonight's Pups in Paris party...though Mariah should not have had her little girl ask Toya about the party. That little girl looks like such a cutie and it was just mean and awkward. Badly handled by all the adults.

#22 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hey Jenners. Thanks for letting me know that the show aired. I didn't know whether or not it had aired because I can't yet find it anywhere online to download lol.

I will keep on looking. This show is great. Do you know how many more episodes are left in the season, or if six episodes are it? Thanks.

Not sure how many are left... It airs on Sundays at 8 pm. CST on Bravo. I believe it's also on their OnDemand channel if you have Time Warner. 

#23 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Married to Medicine mini marathons are also on Bravo's high rotation, so it shouldn't be too difficult to catch up. I can never watch the first showing on Sunday nights due to other high quality/priority shows, so this one I DVR later in the week to watch.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mariah. I read that she's an executive producer on the show so she may have some pull with casting which could play out in the storylines. Toya was wrong to gossip about the parentage of Mariah's daughter, but why would Mariah share something so private to a casual friend before letting her child know the truth first? Mariah should be mad at herself for not handling her business and getting her house in order before signing up to be on a reality TV. The viewers did not see Toya gossip (at least from the episodes I saw), so it's all hearsay from Mariah's sister and mother at this point. For all we know, the whole story was probably contrived and scripted for our entertainment.

THIS.

Don't sign up for reality TV if you've got things you'd rather keep private. Did she learn nothing from Adrienne Maloof and her surrogacy thing?

Especially when it involves your kids.

Like with Maloof, there is nothing wrong with the fact that her daughter has a different bio daddy; Mariah's husband loves her and as far as he's concerned, she is his daughter (did they do a legal adoption?). That's all that matters, child has a daddy who loves her. Until you make it a secret and then it goes out on TV before you tell her. I'm sure they told her before this aired, but still, all her friends are probably talking about it now. Kids can be cruel, don't make it worse by riding to "fame" on their life story. .

#24 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

I have no idea whether or not it has been renewed for a second season, but if Mariah is in control of whether or not it happens, I think that it would be smart to consider the possibility that she may be bloody-minded and not renew the show because the girls that she brought together turned on her, bar Quad.

This is why I don't like cast members to be producers of the production. It gives an unfair advantage and I don't feel I can trust what I'm seeing. If I was a producer on a show I was cast in, I'd make sure it featured what made me look good. It's the same when the producers become too friendly w/ the talent (like they did on RHONJ).

When you have your own spin-off, like it's just Kim or Bethenny, I'm okay with that, but when there are multiple views to be shown, I don't like it.

#25 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

Kathy was literally the only show on Bravo I could watch. Everything else makes me want to vomit. I don't know what the official purpose of the Bravo channel is, but it must not have much to do with quality if they're canceling their only good shows for shallow garbage.

#26 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Hey Jenners. Thanks for letting me know that the show aired. I didn't know whether or not it had aired because I can't yet find it anywhere online to download lol.

I will keep on looking. This show is great. Do you know how many more episodes are left in the season, or if six episodes are it? Thanks.

#27 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Married to Medicine mini marathons are also on Bravo's high rotation, so it shouldn't be too difficult to catch up. I can never watch the first showing on Sunday nights due to other high quality/priority shows, so this one I DVR later in the week to watch.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mariah. I read that she's an executive producer on the show so she may have some pull with casting which could play out in the storylines. Toya was wrong to gossip about the parentage of Mariah's daughter, but why would Mariah share something so private to a casual friend before letting her child know the truth first? Mariah should be mad at herself for not handling her business and getting her house in order before signing up to be on a reality TV. The viewers did not see Toya gossip (at least from the episodes I saw), so it's all hearsay from Mariah's sister and mother at this point. For all we know, the whole story was probably contrived and scripted for our entertainment.

#28 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

I know that Mariah is the producer of the show, but her emotion seemed to real for everything that happened with Toya to have been scripted.

Toya seems like one of those typical bloody-minded women, who think negatively about everything. People like that deserve everything that they get, in my opinion. The way that Mariah reacted at that party was too real for me to think that the whole thing was set up. Her mother also looked genuinely affronted too. 

Edited by pipergale, 29 April 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#29 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

I know that Mariah is the producer of the show, but her emotion seemed to real for everything that happened with Toya to have been scripted.

Toya seems like one of those typical bloody-minded women, who think negatively about everything. People like that deserve everything that they get, in my opinion. The way that Mariah reacted at that party was too real for me to think that the whole thing was set up. Her mother also looked genuinely affronted too. 

First of all, I think Mariah came to the party drunk looking for trouble. She didn't seem sober IMO.

Secondly, Toya spreading gossip is hearsay at this point as the accusation came from Mariah's sister and mother. I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but does Toya know the reason why Mariah and mother went after her and the reason for them being upset was due to Toya's gossiping?

#30 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

I haven't watched last nights episode yet, either. But regardless of whether Mariah was drunk or not when she came to the party, I don't think that she came to cause trouble. Toya was the one that approached her after Mariah's mother behaved the way that she did. From what they showed, she didn't go over to Toya once, until Toya came over to her.

Mariah was angry whe nshe got to the party, but I don't think she intended to throw down for ratings. The fight wasn't like that. I think that I would have been able to tell if that had been the case.

#31 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Newlyweds The First Year

I watched the premiere episode this morning and I saw enough to give this show a try.

#32 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Tarzina's Bahara wedding processional dance looked like so much fun.

#33 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Married to Medicine

Quad and her friends went to Peter's (RHOA) Bar One. Talk about going full circle. LOL! It's hard not to like Quad, she does fabulous talking heads and she has a way with words. I have no clue why she's BFFs with Mariah.

I don't like Mariah at all. I really don't understand why she got mad at Toya when Dr. Simone and Kari confirmed it was common knowledge that her husband adopted her daughter. I doubt Toya meant any harm. It's also difficult to take Mariah's side on this issue for the simple fact that the incident happened off camera so it's Mariah's word against Toya's. I still say Mariah should have put her personal business in order before she signed on to do the show.

Dr. Simone. God bless her, but she's a drunk. I still like her though because she delivers in her confessionals.

I adore Dr. Jackie and she's too good for this show.

Toya and Kari are okay to me. I have no feelings for them either way.

#34 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Married to Medicine

I can't stand Mariah even more after the reunion. The simple fact that she used her daughter to promote a storyline is disgusting. It was her sister and mother who brought the story to light on camera. If she was worried about her daughter's well being then she should have promoted another story as the executive producer that did not include her daughter. Obviously producing a show, blaming Toya for having malicious intent, and being mad at the other ladies for not immediately taking her side in this made up drama means more to her than telling her daughter the truth about her parentage.

Mariah acts like since she brought these group of women together to be on the show means they should be indebted to her for life for allowing them to be on her show. I think the other ladies knew Mariah was making a mountain out of a mole hill about the drama which is why they did not give her the reaction she was expecting. This show would be better without Mariah IMO.

I still like Quad, but I like her less when she interacts with Mariah.

#35 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Does anyone know if Married to Medicine has been renewed for a second season? Maybe its too soon for an announcement since it just ended its first season. However, if it does get another season it should also get its own thread in this forum, since it practically took over this one. As for Mariah, lets face it Bravo is all about drama, and she adds it whether we love her or hate her. Odds are if there is a second season if she wants to be she will be a part of it.

#36 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I have no idea whether or not it has been renewed for a second season, but if Mariah is in control of whether or not it happens, I think that it would be smart to consider the possibility that she may be bloody-minded and not renew the show because the girls that she brought together turned on her, bar Quad.

I thought that the reunion was a little boring to be honest. I am used to reunions being more explosive than that. I like  Mariah, because she reminds me of my sister, but she does tend to be a little grudgeful. She doesn't really know how to let things go, which isn't healthy for the one that is holding onto the anger or hatred. She is right not to trust or talk to Toya or Kari though. They are some of the fakest women I have ever seen on television. I hate that Toya is always seeking Kari's approval too, when Kari could give two craps about her or her friendship.

#37 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hey now, most of the people in this forum enjoy those trashy shows

I did like Kathy Griffen but her humor bordered on mean more often than not

#38 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Agreed about Kathy. It's one thing to be funny but another to be straight up mean and she walks a very thin line IMO. As for Bravo, it is trashy television for most part, but it still has some quality shows like Top Chef, TC Masters, and Inside the Actor's Studio. Let's just say that Andy Cohen struck gold exposing the lifestyles of the wannabe rich and embarrassingly famous to America. Not every network can be classy and informative like the Discovery Channel. Lol!

#39 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Below Deck

Just watched the cast intro episode and it seems interesting enough for a summertime show. Here's some more info I found after a quick Google search. It sounds like the crew was placed in scripted situations to bring out the drama, of course!

Premieres Monday 7/1 at 10/9C

Villa Caribella · 59 like this

May 7, 2012 at 10:24pm · 

Bravo TV Series Being Taped in SXM

Melanie Daboul writes:

"Bravo TV is filming a docu-style reality TV show entitled Below Deck here in St. Maarten. They started filming the first week of April. This series will follow the lives of a group of young adult crew-members who work on a mega-yacht and cater to the various guests that charter the vessel. The yacht is docked at Port de Plaisance and shooting will continue into Mid May.

"The idea for the show was conceived at Topper's Restaurant & Bar by its creator and they filmed the first night at the restaurant with the entire cast. They have also filmed at Topper's by the Sea and will continue to film at Topper's.

"The Bravo production crew is extremely courteous and professional and we have really enjoyed their company. They are a fabulous group of people."

Here's the complete description of the show (courtesy Bravo Entertainment):

Below Deck is a weekly, one-hour docu-reality series about ‘Yachties’ -- the young, single, hard-working people who crew mega-yachts. Like Upstairs/Downstairs set at sea, Below Deck will follow our dynamic, sexy cast of Yachties as they live, love and work together onboard a multimillion dollar yacht, tending to the ever-changing needs of their wealthy, demanding charter guests.

Series Overview: Below Deck is a weekly series that will follow our cast of Yachties, the crewmembers who will live and work together aboard a mega-yacht as it travels throughout the Bahamas and the Caribbean. Our cast will be comprised of a Captain, a First Mate, a Chief Stewardess, a Chef, one or two Stewardesses, and one or two Deckhands. Each of these hard working Yachties will bring with them a different level of crewing experience, but all of them share a love for this incredible lifestyle that affords them the opportunity to live like a millionaire, traveling to some of the most beautiful, exotic locations in the world. The series will begin with the crew meeting one another for the first time as they all step aboard the floating palace that will serve as their home and their workplace for the next several weeks. Once onboard, we will view the glamorous world of the Yacht through their eyes; from the high stress and long hours when guests are onboard, to the days off in port and the idle time when the boat is all theirs – viewers will get to experience it all.

The season arc of Below Deck will mirror the typical seasonal journey of a luxury charter yacht. In the first episode, the boat will pick up its first group of wealthy charter guests at its homeport on the Caribbean island of St. Martin. The episode will follow the incredible, dramatic events of this multi-day charter as the yacht island hops and the crew strives to provide the five-star service their eccentric, and often difficult, guests demand. When the boat pulls into port at the end of the charter, our crew will say goodbye to their guests before enthusiastically enjoying their precious, and too short, downtime. These are the moments yachties live for – the drinks flow, the uniforms are swapped out for bathing suits, and the real fun begins. The party frequently carries over into the local bars and clubs in port – and while our crew may blow it out one night, they have to be buttoned up and ready to work the next day since there’s always another group of charter guests hours away from stepping aboard.

Each subsequent episode will begin at a new and different port of call with a new set of charter guests moving onto the boat. They may have crazy demands that force our crew to scramble to locate impossible-to-find items in exotic locales, but as the crew know all to well, the one word they can never say to their guests is ‘no’.

In the course of the season, the types of charter guests viewers would be likely to see would include everyone from celebrities, to foreign billionaires and their mistresses, to large families and their unruly kids, to snotty heiresses and their party posse.

#40 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

This is why I don't like cast members to be producers of the production. It gives an unfair advantage and I don't feel I can trust what I'm seeing. If I was a producer on a show I was cast in, I'd make sure it featured what made me look good. It's the same when the producers become too friendly w/ the talent (like they did on RHONJ).

When you have your own spin-off, like it's just Kim or Bethenny, I'm okay with that, but when there are multiple views to be shown, I don't like it.

I whole-heartedly agree. I mean, it would not even be so bad if Mariah was not the grudgeful 'I'll get you back,' type but she clearly is that type of woman. I also really do not think that she is above messing with the cast's paychecks either. If I was Mariah, I would if I could and get away with it. I haven't watched RHONJ because I couldn't find all of the episodes online, so I gave up looking for them after a while.

Did you watch Basketball Wives Miami, with Shauni Neil being the producer of the show? That also got VERY messy. I don't know if I could produce a show and also star in it. It is much too risky.