76 replies to this topic

#41 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Newlyweds: The First Year

You know I thought this show was real deal genuine until Tina's father showed up to dinner with his new girlfriend and they're talking marriage, babies and making out at the dinner table. That scene just played out as fake fake fake to me.

#42 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Am I the only one that misses the Kathy Griffin show? Maybe its because I am originally from Chicago like her....or maybe because I can be a little mean like her too... lol But I miss that show..... her reality show that is.... even way better than her stand up show... 

#43 That1Girl

That1Girl

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Newlyweds The First Year

I watched the premiere episode this morning and I saw enough to give this show a try.

I recently heard of this show while watching an episode of a show on a different network. I'm definitely going to give it a try. The clip I saw was great!

Am I the only one that misses the Kathy Griffin show? Maybe its because I am originally from Chicago like her....or maybe because I can be a little mean like her too... lol But I miss that show..... her reality show that is.... even way better than her stand up show... 

No, you are not alone! I totally miss Kathy Griffin's show. I think she's hilarious anyway, but watching her true life was so much fun. I don't think Bravo showed her the love she deserved.

#44 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

It seems like her "big mouth" although very hilarious gets her in a lot of trouble. But without that mouth, I don't think she would be as funny/ :)  Its not like she is lying..... she just tells it like she sees it....

#45 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Newlyweds The First Year

I watched the premiere episode this morning and I saw enough to give this show a try.

I recently heard of this show while watching an episode of a show on a different network. I'm definitely going to give it a try. The clip I saw was great!

>>Am I the only one that misses the Kathy Griffin show? Maybe its because I am originally from Chicago like her....or maybe because I can be a little mean like her too... lol But I miss that show..... her reality show that is.... even way better than her stand up show... 

No, you are not alone! I totally miss Kathy Griffin's show. I think she's hilarious anyway, but watching her true life was so much fun. I don't think Bravo showed her the love she deserved.

I do miss it a little these days, but I recall getting kind of sick of her when she was on regularly. In particular, she needs to find something better to do with herself other than fawning over gay guys all day. I get kind of annoyed when she starts acting like she's an expert on all things gay, and that she knows more about what's going on in gay mens minds than the gay men themselves do. I know it's all in good fun, but sometimes her comedy is just reinforcing a lot of generic stereotypes.

We're not all sitting around drinking cosmos watching sex in the city, listening to Madonna and Barbara Streisand, swishing when we walk, and calling each other "girl" all day long.

#46 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

It seems like her "big mouth" although very hilarious gets her in a lot of trouble. But without that mouth, I don't think she would be as funny/ :)  Its not like she is lying..... she just tells it like she sees it....

I could never really tell if the supposed beefs that the networks have with her are real or she's just making that up to seem more edgy. I mean, it can't be that hard to censor her on air when she says something risque - they do it all the time for live broadcasts. They let her say some of these things, then the tabloids go to town saying how "scandalous" it was. Maybe there were more mundane reasons they don't invite her back to some shows, like perhaps the ratings were just bad when she was on it.

#47 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I love Flipping Out too. Jeff is no doubt a high maintenance prick, but I think he actually cares for his employees. Jenny and Zoila have been with him for years - that, in my opinion, says a lot about him as an employer.

Doing the drinking game whenever someone said God at Jenny's wedding was hilarious! I haven't watched an episode since the wedding so I have get caught up soon - maybe this weekend I will find time.

Jeff Lewis is OCD and has a ton of phobias and hang ups, but deep down I think he does care about the people around him and I think he does the best he can with his limited interpersonal skills. He tries to reach out and be a friend, even though he's really messed up. I like him and I can kind of relate to him because I have trauma of my own.

I love me some Kathy Griffin. I love how she has this intimate, friendly attitude towards her audience, like they're 1,000 of her best girlfriends that she's going to dish the dirt with.

#48 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Does anyone watch Princesses of Long Island? I watched a few episodes when I couldn’t find anything else on. It is somewhat entertaining but feels pretty contrived and over-the-top. I definitely don’t think it is even remotely on par with any of the Real Housewives.

#49 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Blood, Sweat, and Tears

I watched it last night and I liked it. I'll enjoy watching another side of NYC and Brooklyn social scene that we rarely get to see on TV.

These ladies will be a hot mess too if the season preview is any indication.

#50 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Toned Up

I like he girls but one of the boyfriends  is the most obnoxious supporting character on any Bravo show.

#51 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I thought he was a roommate at first. He is obnoxious.

It is too blatantly scripted for a reality show. A little subtlety wouldn't hurt.

#52 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

Cameran Eubanks from the original Real World San Diego from about 10+ years ago is on Bravo's new show Southern Charm.

http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm

I'll watch this because I fell in love with Charleston, SC when I vacationed there last summer.

#53 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

Cameran Eubanks from the original Real World San Diego from about 10+ years ago is on Bravo's new show Southern Charm.

http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm

I'll watch this because I fell in love with Charleston, SC when I vacationed there last summer.

I hope it gets better.

#54 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

I just want to ask whether or not anybody is tuning in to watch Blood Sweat and Heels? if so, what do you think? The reunion just aired.

#55 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

I watched the first few episodes of Blood Sweat and Heels but I stopped after the 4th or 5th episode because I chose to watch other shows at that time. How was the reunion? Do you think the show will get a second season?

From the little I've read at other boards, Demetria was a fan favorite at the start of the season but now she's not. What's your take?

#56 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

I watched the first few episodes of Blood Sweat and Heels but I stopped after the 4th or 5th episode because I chose to watch other shows at that time. How was the reunion? Do you think the show will get a second season?

From the little I've read at other boards, Demetria was a fan favorite at the start of the season but now she's not. What's your take?

I actually have not watched the entirety of BSH yet, and have not watched the reunion for exactly the same reason as you mentioned above coincidentally lol. But I have the episodes stored up on my computer, ready to watch when the other shows that I watch dry up. Married to Medicine is coming back for a second season soon. can't wait.

#57 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Married to Medicine Season 2

I haven't watched yet, but I read on another board that Mariah and Quad are no longer friends. Apparently Mariah is jealous that Quad was the breakout star of season one. Lol!

Quad's friendship with Mariah is what stopped me from jumping on her bandwagon too soon; however, this news excites me! I am finally motivated to watch season 2 and jump on the Quad bandwagon for sure.

#58 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:12 AM

Married to Medicine Season 2

I haven't watched yet, but I read on another board that Mariah and Quad are no longer friends. Apparently Mariah is jealous that Quad was the breakout star of season one. Lol!

Quad's friendship with Mariah is what stopped me from jumping on her bandwagon too soon; however, this news excites me! I am finally motivated to watch season 2 and jump on the Quad bandwagon for sure.

Really? One of my favorite things about season one was Quad and Mariah's friendship!!! I was not impressed to find that they were no longer friends :(

I do love Quad more though, so I can definitely see where Mariah is coming from. She needs to simmer down though. Her insecurity is showing.

#59 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

So I have finally watched all of the première episode lol.

I really enjoyed it. I think that DR heavenly is a nice addition to the cast, even though I am not really that fond of her. But I can put my lack of fondness aside in order for the drama to go down like it should. Can't wait for the rest of the season!!!

#60 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

So I have finally watched all of the première episode lol.

I really enjoyed it. I think that DR heavenly is a nice addition to the cast, even though I am not really that fond of her. But I can put my lack of fondness aside in order for the drama to go down like it should. Can't wait for the rest of the season!!!

I've watched the first 2 episodes.

Agreed, Dr. Heavenly is a nice addition. She's right about her opinion of Dr. Jackie coming at her party guest about her weight. It was not the time or place for Dr. Jackie to state her opinion about another woman's weight. Plus, no one asked Dr. Jackie for her opinion. Dr. Heavenly is right on time for this cast.

I still can't stand Mariah. She really does believe she's the queen bee and better than everyone else. The part when Quad and her friend were clowing Mariah's dress at the party was hilarious.

I am glad Quad is no longer friends with Mariah and I will always take Quad's side between them. Quad can be a little extra and I have a feeling that she is believing the hype from last season. I mean, she quit her job and is designing a high-fashion line for dogs. C'mon, now. I will continue to be onTeam Quad until further notice.

Dr. Simone, I love her with all her loudness and drunkeness. The woman works hard and likes to play hard. I have no problem with that. I didn't like how she went off on Dr. Heavenly but I'll give her a pass because I truly believe that reaction was her Type A personality. She just seems like she's going 100 MPH at all times. I also love her relationship with Dr. Jackie. They seem to have a common understanding for each other and despite being complete opposites, they actually seem like genuine friends and will always have each others backs.

I am most surprised that Dr. Jackie returned for another season considering she wanted no part of the drama last season. I guess the fame whore part of being on reality always rises to the top one way or another. Maybe being on TV is good for her business.

Toya, Toya, Toya... I was on her side last season with the Mariah drama but I am not sure how I feel about her this season. She should know by now that Dr. Simone is all about having fun and she would never blatantly try to push up on another woman's husband let alone while the wife was sitting there. That's just common sense, IMO. The story is ridiculous and an obvious attempt to start drama where there is none. Plus, why fight with Simone when it was obvious that Simone had her back last season with all the Mariah drama. The thing that bothers me most of Toya right now is that it's obvious that she and her husband aren't as well off as the other cast members, but her need to front is super annoying. Toya would come off so much better if she stayed in her lane.