• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

I was right to anticipate Community when I first heard about the show. Even though it ended up being completely different than anything I would have ever expected, it's still one of my favorite shows of all time. It's too bad that it's had to go through so much uncertainly, especially with the removal of Dan Harmon as the showrunner. All in all, though, I enjoyed the fourth season and I'm looking forward to what's to come in the fifth. Six seasons and a movie!

#2 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

Community is more of a smart comedy that makes you think. It's certainly not for everyone, but I love it. I'm glad that it got another season--and I'm especially glad that Dan Harmon is returning--but I don't think it should go any longer past that, if at all. Some shows actually seem to do better when they are relatively short-lived.

#3 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

I actually really enjoy sentimental comedies, but they have to be done right. Some of the moments in Community feel a little forced, but they don't really detract from the show. Some of my favorite comedies are those that execute dramatic moments extremely well--and they're especially effective when you don't see them coming. The one show that comes to mind is Scrubs, which really didn't pull any punches when it came to the sad moments.

#4 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Ha! Pierce was the least essential character on the show whose only real purpose was to set up the other characters and their storylines. I think Chevy Chase is hilarious, despite being a major you-know-what, but I'm not sad to see him go. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when Dan Harmon returns, but I've been a fan all along anyway. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the shortened season; that's baloney.

#5 Funke

Funke

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

God, I can't just seem to enjoy most of the popular american sitcom. I guess I just enjoy mostly pure comedy. Community is "nice" - but I don't like my comedies "nice" - I want it to be thoroughly funny, preferably laugh out loud funny. Too warm for my liking, so to speak. I do get why people would like the show though. I just don't like the "warm and cuddly" moments when it comes to sitcoms, personally.

PS: Finished season 1, half way through season 2 now - doesn't interest me miuch anymore :(

#6 Funke

Funke

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Yeah most people I know love it. So it must be just my sense of humor - I just happen to not enjoy that. Probably all that British sitcom overdose has changed my tastes for good :) I prefer my sitcoms with zero drama, if anything. And I can't stand any "warm" moments in sitcoms, and community has plenty of them. Not a bad thing, but not my cuppa tea, that's all.

#7 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

Season 4 Premiere: Thursday February 7th 8/7C

http://www.nbc.com/community/

#8 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

This show is....well, ridiculous. Lol!

I have watched quite a few of the episodes. I wouldn't call it a favorite, but I don't hate it either. The characters work really well together, but they're weird, to say the last. Some of the episodes were huge flops, too, in my opinion.

#9 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

I was wondering when Community would come back. It's the only other comedy program I watch on television aside from Children's Hospital, and that's already ended it's season. I guess February 7th is the October 19th in our hearts...

#10 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

It's sad to see the show get postponed, but it'll definitely benefit from being moved to its rightful place on Thursday nights. Let's face it, Friday night is like the Island of Misfit Toys in terms of TV shows. The same goes for Whitney, which got moved to Wednesdays, though I don't know how that show survived and Best Friends Forever didn't. Parnham and St.Clair were robbed IMO.

#11 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

The same goes for Whitney, which got moved to Wednesdays, though I don't know how that show survived and Best Friends Forever didn't. Parnham and St.Clair were robbed IMO.

Amen!

I have no idea why Whitney was somehow considered better than Best Friends Forever. I think it's way more relatable and way funnier than Whitney was. Oh well. :(

#12 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

This show is....well, ridiculous. Lol!

I have watched quite a few of the episodes. I wouldn't call it a favorite, but I don't hate it either. The characters work really well together, but they're weird, to say the last. Some of the episodes were huge flops, too, in my opinion.

I marathoned the first three seasons, which made it harder to find any flops. It was just continuous ridiculous mayhem and I loved every second. I was curious how it would hold my attention with just an episode a week, and sad that I would have to wait even longer to find out. At least it's coming back!

#13 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

I consider myself very fortunate to have found Commuinty's complete season 3 on DVD during my Black Friday shopping. It was at a Best Buy for a great bargain, too, so I couldn't pass it up. I've watched all the hilarious outtakes, and have yet to get through the rest of the great bonus features. I just had to go back and watch the 8-bit video game episode. It has to be one of my favorites from the third season. I'm looking forward to the return of season 4 next year, but for now, this DVD set will have to satisfy my Community craving.

#14 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Community Season 4 is well underway and as funny as ever, at least it still is to me. Has anyone noticed the Dean getting weirder and weirder with his outfits? Anyway, you can catch up with the gang on the official NBC website with all-new episodes. Enjoy!

NBC's Community Official

#15 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

I think the entire show is getting weirder and weirder. :P

It definitely has its funny moments. The Britta relationship is just...strange....but they're making it work for now.

#16 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Community is my favorite comedy on tv right now. I can't wait until next season, though I feel like it's probably going to end soon considering they're all graduating. I hope it doesn't end soon though. I love how they keep reinventing Chang, too, keeping him in the show but not making it predictable.

#17 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm happy Community is coming back for another season, although I have to admit it's not going to be the same since Chevy's left the show. Also, I'm wondering what they're going to do with Jeff's character since he graduated in the season finale. He's one of the best characters on the show and the group won't be the same without him. It'd be great if they could write it so he continues his education at Greendale.

#18 hogwarts

hogwarts

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

I think Community has gone pretty downhill since the first season, in my opinion. It used to be one of the smartest comedies on television (although the meta-ness could get a little overkill at times), but now I think they've gone overboard with the silliness. That said, it's still pretty hilarious. I haven't watched anything past the third season yet because I haven't had the time, but I plan on catching up soon and I'm intrigued to see what they've done without Dan Harmon (but I'm not optimistic).

Edited by hogwarts, 18 July 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#19 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

It's kind of sad that Pierce will be gone for the next season, he did play a role and fill a character that added to the hilarity most of the time in my opinion. Chevy Chase did a great job portraying him, too.

#20 mrscilluffo

mrscilluffo

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

I cannot wait to see what happens next season when Dan Harmon returns! I am sad to see Chevy go- I know he is a huge pain in the ass, however, he played that character SO well. I am also sad to learn that Donald Glover will only be in 5 episodes! What is going to happen to Troy and Abed?!? Their misadventures were my favorite. It's going to be weird to have an Abed with no Troy. What about Troy and Abed in the Morning!? I think losing Donald Glover is what makes me most sad. However, Dan Harmon returning does make me excited and I will still watch religiously, no matter what.