• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

I cannot wait to see what happens next season when Dan Harmon returns! I am sad to see Chevy go- I know he is a huge pain in the ass, however, he played that character SO well. I am also sad to learn that Donald Glover will only be in 5 episodes! What is going to happen to Troy and Abed?!? Their misadventures were my favorite. It's going to be weird to have an Abed with no Troy. What about Troy and Abed in the Morning!? I think losing Donald Glover is what makes me most sad. However, Dan Harmon returning does make me excited and I will still watch religiously, no matter what.

What?!? They can't get rid of Troy! He's the Troy in Troy and Abed. Their bromance makes the show. Plus Donald Glover is incredible. I hope they decide against that one after they realize the fans don't want him gone.

#22 mrscilluffo

mrscilluffo

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

I cannot wait to see what happens next season when Dan Harmon returns! I am sad to see Chevy go- I know he is a huge pain in the ass, however, he played that character SO well. I am also sad to learn that Donald Glover will only be in 5 episodes! What is going to happen to Troy and Abed?!? Their misadventures were my favorite. It's going to be weird to have an Abed with no Troy. What about Troy and Abed in the Morning!? I think losing Donald Glover is what makes me most sad. However, Dan Harmon returning does make me excited and I will still watch religiously, no matter what.

What?!? They can't get rid of Troy! He's the Troy in Troy and Abed. Their bromance makes the show. Plus Donald Glover is incredible. I hope they decide against that one after they realize the fans don't want him gone.

It wasn't the show runner's decision- they want him to stay. He is the one that wants out, sadly. 

#23 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

He does have a side project of music and a side project of standup comedy, he's probably hoping to move onto bigger things. Community gave him the publicity and fame that he needed to become successful in side projects, so I guess he just thinks it's time to move on.

It's sad though because we love seeing him and his character in Community...also the show constantly foreshadows "6 seasons and a movie" so, if that's what they're aiming for, he'd only have to stick around for a little while longer.

#24 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, as much as would hate to see Donald leave, his rapping career as Childish Gambino is really starting to take off, so I wish him the best. Still, this is gonna have a major effect on the show and I will definitely miss Troy and Abed moments.

#25 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Well he's still going to be a recurring character in the upcoming season so atleast that's a plus.

I just hope he can stick around for a couple of years and make the 6 seasons and a movie dream come true!

And who knows, he might even get the music gig of the movie? That could be good for him right?

#26 dingobaby

dingobaby

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I've been a huge fan of this show since it premiered. I remember thinking at first "Joel Mchale is in it? Pass....".  I'm glad I decided to try it anyway. The ensemble cast is amazing. It's hard for me to pick one character over another as my favorite because they each shine in different episodes. 

They've had a rough go of it the last couple years. First they lost Dan Harmon. SO glad he's returning. Then Chevy Chase called it quits. And, sadly, Donald Glover is leaving to pursue other interests. I hated seeing "Pierce Hawthorne" leave, but I actually don't know what to think about there being no more Troy AND Abed. That was the greatest bromance in TV history! Hopefully we'll get our six seasons and a movie though. (:

#27 jessica

jessica

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

Six Seasons And A Movie! Maybe Chevy and Donald would at least come back for the movie :) I love the show so I'll watch it regardless but I really can't imagine what it will be like missing two main characters. I know Chevy was missing for a few eps last season and it wasn't too weird, but Troy is vital! Abed will be so lonely without him :(

#28 dingobaby

dingobaby

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

Six Seasons And A Movie! Maybe Chevy and Donald would at least come back for the movie :) I love the show so I'll watch it regardless but I really can't imagine what it will be like missing two main characters. I know Chevy was missing for a few eps last season and it wasn't too weird, but Troy is vital! Abed will be so lonely without him :(

I agree. I'll absolutely still watch. If anyone knows the characters, It's Dan Harmon. So we'll have to put our faith in him to bring this around to a poignant, hilarious conclusion. 

And, who knows, we may see Chang become part of the "study group" after all! 

#29 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I agree. I'll absolutely still watch. If anyone knows the characters, It's Dan Harmon. So we'll have to put our faith in him to bring this around to a poignant, hilarious conclusion. 

And, who knows, we may see Chang become part of the "study group" after all! 

Heh, I very much doubt he'll become a part of the Greendale Seven.

However, it's not like they'll be seven anyways since Chevy Chase is leaving and Donald Grover is only gonna guest star...so who knows. o_O

They might take in Chang to keep the number 7 intact!

#30 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Troy and Abed are my favorite characters on Community. They kind of remind me of my daughter and I because we're an inseparable duo of nerds and I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old.

#31 Leo

Leo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

I've been wanting to start watching this show, do you guys recommend it? I'm a fan of TBBT, Modern Family, HIMYM if it is relevant. Some friends recommend it but I'm not sure if it worth it to get it on netflix. Can you guys describe it a little and tell me if it's worth it?

#32 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

It's a great show (now cancelled) with some really funny moments. It's about a community college study group and their adventures in 3 years of college. The first seasons were great, but the last was disappointing for me. You should give it a try if you liked HIMYM and TBBT you will probably like this one too.

One of my favorite scenes:

#33 Leo

Leo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

It's a great show (now cancelled) with some really funny moments. It's about a community college study group and their adventures in 3 years of college. The first seasons were great, but the last was disappointing for me. You should give it a try if you liked HIMYM and TBBT you will probably like this one too.

One of my favorite scenes: [VIDEO]

Nice, I had no idea it was about a college. And I'm really happy it doesn't have much seasons ( but probably when I start seeing it I will be sad they have no more seasons ) so It doesn't cost me much to see it to the end, this because I don't have much time, because of college, now. And that video was hilarious! :D

#34 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

It has 5 seasons Leo, and you will surely enjoy watching this show. It will take a few weeks to watch all the seasons but the paintball battles, crazy Chang and the college director are making all the episodes entertaining and hilarious.

#35 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

I just heard that Vince Gilligan the creator of Breaking Bad will be a guest star on the next season. The season 5 will start in January 2014 and will have 9 episodes.

#36 fountainthom

fountainthom

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

So, what do people think of the first couple episodes this season? I really like that they've gotten back to comedy instead of just trying to go super in-depth and weird (but there's still just enough weird in there to make me love it). You can definitely tell that Dan Harmon is back as the showrunner; he has his hands all over it.

Anyone have any other thoughts? I'm thinking it's so far so good... Six seasons and a movie!

#37 scott492

scott492

Noob

• Validating
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

I've been LOVING this season so far. I think they did a great job of "rebooting" the show without completely ignoring the previous, incongruent season. While it did have its shortcomings there were also a few things it did well and I was glad to see them not outright discrediting it, but still continuing in a way that we could kind of forget that the previous season had even happened, by fast-forwarding to the near future of Greendale anyways (so that it's our choice whether to skip to there from the PREVIOUS season, or the one before that).

#38 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

This show has quickly become one of my all time favourite shows, Abed is one of my favourite characters, I've neve seen an arvhetype quite like his ever in television history, and believe me I've seen alot of television. Community was so funny and refreshing the first 2 seasons but it all seemed to go down hill from there. Perhaps a change in writers is to blame I don't know.

#39 emilyrose93

emilyrose93

Cordial

• 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

I have just started re-watching Community from Season One again, and it's SO GOOD. Actually, the pilot kind of sucked - does anyone else remember it and agree? The characters are all very shallow and cliche. But they really did start to flesh out them out straight away in the second episode, so that's good. I wouldn't mind seeing Abed and Troy having their own spin-off.

Donald Glover is reducing his appearances in Community because he got his own show! It's called Atlanta and he's going to write, star and produce. Maybe Abed will even make a guest appearance! It's music-themed, apparently, so I bet it includes a lot of his rapping, since that's what he also does as a career. In Community, I don't think it would make TOO much of a difference. I doubt he'll be written out very much, he'll just mysteriously disappear. I wonder if his five episodes will all be in a row or spread out. We'll just have to wait and see!

#40 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Like most shows, NBC it had a very strong 1st and 2nd season but it started to flag in the 3rd, and is now barely hanging in the 4th season...