Community

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Server3rd

Server3rd

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

Agree with the poster above me, the fourth season was really a letdown, although the third season had some great episodes although not as consistently as the second and first. I enjoyed the fifth season, some people might disagree with me though, it was a bit disjointed but still good. I'm curious to see what they'll do without Donald Glover, he was one of main draws of the show. Not sure if Abed will be the same character without him,

#42 mikasa

mikasa

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

I agree with the posters who were disappointed with the fourth season.

I think Community peaked in Season 2 to be honest. It seems like it's gone on long enough at this stage, every popular TV show that is good ends up being dragged out to the point of being awful. One example that might be a bit controversial is The Office (US). I would hate to see the same thing happen to Community.

#43 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

I saw some Community reruns on Comedy Central. I miss this show already. It had some ridiculous, bizarre, insane moments, but I found the Study Group so charming and endearing.

I guess it had to end sometime because there are only so many new ideas you can come up with for a show before it becomes stupid.

#44 queen of indecision

queen of indecision

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

I have been enjoying the re-runs as well. I didn't watch the show when it first came on, I have no idea why. I guess I was busy with other shows. But a few years ago a few of my close friends just kept pushing me. And I am so glad they did. It ended up making it pretty close to the top of my list of favorite shows.  

And I do sorta agree with the idea that sometimes shows have to end before they become stupid, but the fan in me wants things to last forever. 

#45 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

I heard about some kind of campaign to revive it for Netflix, but Futurama got revived and it became weird and stupid. It's probably best to let Community die instead of bringing it back and having to resort to weird plots like time travel and dream sequences that last an entire episode.

#46 nhipaah

nhipaah

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

I heard about some kind of campaign to revive it for Netflix, but Futurama got revived and it became weird and stupid. It's probably best to let Community die instead of bringing it back and having to resort to weird plots like time travel and dream sequences that last an entire episode.

I don't think letting Community die would be fine because, Like Futurama, there's still a very large fanbase. Of course there are a few people who will disagree and become painfully nostalgic of the "better years," but frankly, those people are just stingy and bitter :/

I enjoyed Futurama back then and I like Futurama now. I also like watching Community, even if it gets a bit repetitive. I'd enjoy watching time travel dream sequences, to be honest. It just depends on how it's written.

#47 Acccessories

Acccessories

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

Well, Community is apparently not going to die: https://tv.yahoo.com...-204612640.html

Yahoo TV is going to produce a sixth season of the show, and apparently the budgets aren't being altered too much. I don't think that the show has gotten too silly and instead I think that the reason so many people hate Season 4 is because the original showrunner (Dan Harmon) was tossed out of the show and some other people did a poor job of producing the show. When he returned in Season 5, the show definitely experienced at least a moderate return to form, and I'm looking forward to see what they do with season 6. To me the show has always been more about the writing and characters, and not really the emotional oomph of the character arcs (which I feel Season 4 focused too much on).

I mean, at the very worst, we can always pretend that the show ended after Season 3, right?

#48 nhipaah

nhipaah

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

It's going to be like Scrubs all over again, in this case. Everyone ignores the 9th season.

Also, Yahoo TV is a thing..? What is that even. Yahoo seems to be getting all up in everyone's business nowadays.

#49 kendra101a

kendra101a

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

Well, Community is apparently not going to die: https://tv.yahoo.com...-204612640.html

Yahoo TV is going to produce a sixth season of the show, and apparently the budgets aren't being altered too much. I don't think that the show has gotten too silly and instead I think that the reason so many people hate Season 4 is because the original showrunner (Dan Harmon) was tossed out of the show and some other people did a poor job of producing the show. When he returned in Season 5, the show definitely experienced at least a moderate return to form, and I'm looking forward to see what they do with season 6. To me the show has always been more about the writing and characters, and not really the emotional oomph of the character arcs (which I feel Season 4 focused too much on).

I mean, at the very worst, we can always pretend that the show ended after Season 3, right?

With Dan Harmon back I think there is a lot left to explore in season 6 and I think it has the potential to be awesome. If he wasn't back, I would not be saying that. I am still crushed regarding Donald Glover and had hoped that maybe we'd get a guest appearance in season 6; however, it doesn't look like that will be the case. And yes, we can always pretend the show ended after Season 3 but I think season 6 is going to be awesome! I'm hoping anyways.

#50 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

Does anyone know if they are done filming the 6th season yet? When can we expect it to be shown on Yahoo? I want my Community fix! Abed needs a girlfriend and Jeff needs to go on and hook up with Annie. Yes yes I know we try not to sexualize her, but Alison is just so hot!

#51 wulfman

wulfman

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:00 AM

Was turned off from the show after season 2. Must hit home with people if it is still going. I thought they were finished.

#52 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

Yahoo started airing season 6.

You can watch full episodes from Here