Posted Image

Renewed for 13 Episodes in Season 7

#2 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

This is actually one of the shows that got me back into watching TV. I hadn't watched anything in several years and felt completely out of touch with pop culture. I asked a few people what I should start with and they said Burn Notice and White Collar. So I sat down and watched the first 4 or 5 seasons over the course of a week and loved every minute of it. Now I watch it as a current show whenever its season is running.

#3 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

I was going to say the same thing Quirky

Burn Notice is one of the last few shows out there that hasn't made me totally given up on television these days. The show gets better with every season. Has anyone else noticed that Michael seems to have more problems now that he's back in than he did when he was burned?

#4 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I got tired waiting for Michael and Fi to get back together

Which season do you guys thinks I should start to see them renew their relationship?

#5 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Which season do you guys thinks I should start to see them renew their relationship?

You got tired of waiting for them to get back together? They've been up and down the entire time. I guess maybe around season 4ish there's some renewal that starts going on? Or maybe season 5? Sorry, I can't get very specific because there's a difference between the tension that leads to renewal, and an actual official conversation about it, I guess.

#6 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

You got tired of waiting for them to get back together? They've been up and down the entire time. I guess maybe around season 4ish there's some renewal that starts going on? Or maybe season 5? Sorry, I can't get very specific because there's a difference between the tension that leads to renewal, and an actual official conversation about it, I guess.

The tension that led to actual reconciliation was there from the premier when he called her come and get him

That is what I got tired off. For a long time, it seemed to me like Fi was pinning away for him and I wasn't seeing Michael reciprocate the feelings. I am thrilled that it changed.

I am glad we have this thread, I'll follow the conversation. Between here and a few episodes, I may be able to catch up.

Is Sam still their plus 3? Loved him!

#7 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yes. There is also a "plus 4" technically. Jesse comes in around season 4:

Posted Image

Spoiler alert:

There's no way to change the font size to smaller here apparently, so I crossed it out. You'll have to consciously read it if you want the spoiler.

If you're not a big fan of the tension between Fi and Michael, then you're unlikely to be thrilled to know that Fi starts to get a crush on Jesse through several episodes because he gives her attention she hasn't been getting from Michael. It resolves itself, though, and makes her love Michael even more, I think.

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Yes. There is also a "plus 4" technically. Jesse comes in around season 4:

Posted Image

Spoiler alert:

There's no way to change the font size to smaller here apparently, so I crossed it out. You'll have to consciously read it if you want the spoiler.

If you're not a big fan of the tension between Fi and Michael, then you're unlikely to be thrilled to know that Fi starts to get a crush on Jesse through several episodes because he gives her attention she hasn't been getting from Michael. It resolves itself, though, and makes her love Michael even more, I think.

You can use the spoiler BBcode to hide text if you want to. It's in the dropdown of that greenish button. The one before the Smilies

To stay on topic, did Fi love Michael more because he was jealous of her crush on Mr. Plus 4?

I may have to watch too. It was during a time when I watched shows just for the ships. Don't judge me lol

#9 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Glad to see Burn Notice thread up and running! I LOVE this show. So tonight was the fall 2 hour premiere! What did y'all think?

Spoilers ahead!!

Spoiler

I am looking forward to things calming down and the team returning to helping people and having "clients" again.

#10 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

To stay on topic, did Fi love Michael more because he was jealous of her crush on Mr. Plus 4?
I may have to watch too. It was during a time when I watched shows just for the ships. Don't judge me lol

I love Fiona and Michael's relationship. Fi has always loved Michael, however, he has been involved with his own CIA issues, which kept them apart. Fi always tried to get his attention, but in my opinion, her liking Jesse had nothing to do with Michael, and she owned up to it, "I care about him," but Fi will always be with Michael and that was so clear -- and Jesse knows that. We all know it. LOL This current season has been really good for the the Michael/Fi relationship!

#11 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

here's one of my fave moment's from this season:

Posted Image

When Fi gets out of prison and Michael is so happy to see her.

#12 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

I love Fiona and Michael's relationship. Fi has always loved Michael, however, he has been involved with his own CIA issues, which kept them apart. Fi always tried to get his attention, but in my opinion, her liking Jesse had nothing to do with Michael, and she owned up to it, "I care about him," but Fi will always be with Michael and that was so clear -- and Jesse knows that. We all know it. LOL This current season has been really good for the the Michael/Fi relationship!

Thanks Chrissie!

I guess I'll renew my Netflix subscription for weekend marathons

#13 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Yes! You need to renew Netflix for Burn Notice and watch them. I have watched them over and over. They are just that good. Fi and Michael are the best! I adore Sam too, and Jesse was a good addition. For Michael, I think through the entire series he has always loved Fi, but for ahwile there he just couldn't make her a priority, or maybe he thought he couldn't make it work--but he always loved her, then finally, he just embraced it. Thank God. And in this season we REALLY see that. He came undone when Fi went to prison for him. He cried! Holy shit. LMAO. You really see that there is "No line" he wouldn't cross for her.

If ever there was a couple to get behind it's those two!

#14 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

oo here's another good moment

Posted Image

From a few seasons ago -- when Fi got taken and was held hostage. She comes back, of course, Fi can take care of herself, and Michael is thrilled to have her back, meanwhile, Jesse excuses himself out the door.

This is where Madeline said to Jesse, "Mike and Fiona Love each other, and they hate each other, but it is always each other." She could see his crush on her. hehehe.

Ok, so I'm a tad been obsessed with this show. I can't help it. Action, sarcasm, romance -- what's not to like?

#15 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

You really should watch all of the seasons, they are all so good and they all have strong Fi/Michael moments--for me, it's half the fun to find them! Michael and Fi love each other, they have, they always did - it's just, Michael wasn't all that ready for the intense feelings again. He had to put his focus on the burn notice/CIA -- but make no mistake about it - that man loves her.

Hot Spot, season two -- you can see it clearly when Michael thought Fi was hurt or worse - dead.

So go watch! Report back. hehehehe

#16 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

You are making me excited!

They sound nothing like Jasam so yay!

In season 1, I got that vibe from them. Fi gives her all and she gets little in return

#17 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

In season 1, I got that vibe from them. Fi gives her all and she gets little in return

I had to look up to see what "Jasam" was, ha. That's from a show I didn't watch at all, so the reference went right over my head.

And Fi doesn't always give her all.....and she does get lots in return at times....so no, that's not how it goes the entire time. :)

#18 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

I had to look up to see what "Jasam" was, ha. That's from a show I didn't watch at all, so the reference went right over my head.

And Fi doesn't always give her all.....and she does get lots in return at times....so no, that's not how it goes the entire time. :)

I am sorry, I should have clarified. The General Hospital fans in this thread would know who I was referring to, as one sides as they become, they were one of the show's most popular pairing.

Fi and Michael were nowhere near as pathetic and I'm glad you guys can confirm it

I watched the episode in which Fi hid on a plane and went to Michael's rescue. By the time it ended, I was asking myself why I stopped watching the show in the first place. There are very very few shows on television where the heroine get to go on missions to rescue the hero

Fi is one of the most competent female characters on TV. She is like the Buffy of cable network

#19 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Personally, I hate the way the 2 hour season opener ended. He had a clear chance to kill Tom Card and end ALL his misery right then and there. I understand they knew each other for so long. But how much does that matter when you KNOW for a FACT that this man will turn and kill you in a hot minute given the chance?

#20 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

I don't mind because as justified as it would have been, Micheal is not a cold blooded

That is why I thought it unfair when they thought he killed Card.

Maddie is thawing, she wants to help Michael but she clearly hates it