Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Official Website

#2 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

I've been loving this show since day 1. But I must admit, it's not for everyone. It has a similar fairy tale premise like Once Upon a Time. But it's much more suddle by comparison. What really drives this show is that you can see an overall grander plot happening within the world.

#3 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

I've also been a big fan of Grimm since day one. I like how the episodes aren't limited to just tales by the brothers Grimm, but also include legends and stories across different cultures. I've developed a growing interest in traveling to Portland, OR, just to be a tourist as I've never been there before. I enjoy Once Upon A Time for the same reason. The show isn't limited to Grimm fairy tales, but spans the world of Disney fairy tales and stories, too, which I find equally entertaining.

#4 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

I've also been a big fan of Grimm since day one. I like how the episodes aren't limited to just tales by the brothers Grimm, but also include legends and stories across different cultures. I've developed a growing interest in traveling to Portland, OR, just to be a tourist as I've never been there before. I enjoy Once Upon A Time for the same reason. The show isn't limited to Grimm fairy tales, but spans the world of Disney fairy tales and stories, too, which I find equally entertaining.

Actually, all those Disney fairy tales ARE Grimm fairy tales. They're one and the same. Disney just took the Grimm stories and made them kiddie. The newer Disney movies of course aren't Grimm stories. But all the ones that were made when he was alive (which are the ones used in Once Upon a Time) are.

#5 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Yes, I know that many of the Disney fairy tales are based on Grimm fairy tales which in turn may have been based on non-Germanic fairy tales, and are now used on Once Upon A Time. True, Disney took a bit of artistic license to make those stories into their own versions, which is the same thing Grimm and OUAT are doing, too. What I meant to say is, I like Once Upon A Time for the same reason I like NBC's Grimm. Both shows are not limited to just Grimm fairy tales, for which the Disney fairy tales are based, but include other legends and stories, as well. For example, Mexico's legend, La Llorona, in Grimm and J. M. Barrie's well-known character, Captain Hook, as well as the ancient Chinese legenderay figure, Mulan, in Once Upon A Time. I could go on...

#6 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yes, I know that many of the Disney fairy tales are based on Grimm fairy tales which in turn may have been based on non-Germanic fairy tales, and are now used on Once Upon A Time. True, Disney took a bit of artistic license to make those stories into their own versions, which is the same thing Grimm and OUAT are doing, too. What I meant to say is, I like Once Upon A Time for the same reason I like NBC's Grimm. Both shows are not limited to just Grimm fairy tales, for which the Disney fairy tales are based, but include other legends and stories, as well. For example, Mexico's legend, La Llorona, in Grimm and J. M. Barrie's well-known character, Captain Hook, as well as the ancient Chinese legenderay figure, Mulan, in Once Upon A Time. I could go on...

I guess that's true. But honestly, we should have all expected them to branch beyond the original fairy tales anyway. There is only so much they can do with those alone because there are only but so many of them. So the branching out is good. Just so long as they don't start trying to make of stuff of their own.

#7 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

I guess that's true. But honestly, we should have all expected them to branch beyond the original fairy tales anyway. There is only so much they can do with those alone because there are only but so many of them. So the branching out is good. Just so long as they don't start trying to make of stuff of their own.

I'm going to agree with you there. Branching out is good, and it's less boring when writers give a fresh new spin to well-known stories, but if things start getting too silly, I usually stop following the series. There were some great TV shows that did just that, and I was sad to let them go.

Btw, when does Grimm return in 2013?? I hate how they left us hanging that very last episode before the midseason hiatus.

#8 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Honestly, I have no clue when Grimm will be back. What kills me about the show though is that there is so much going on right in front of Nick's face and he can't even see it. And the worst part, his greatest enemy is his Hexenbeast of a Captain.

#9 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Honestly, I have no clue when Grimm will be back. What kills me about the show though is that there is so much going on right in front of Nick's face and he can't even see it. And the worst part, his greatest enemy is his Hexenbeast of a Captain.

I'm always waiting for the day when the Captain will be careless enough to reveal himself to Nick because until now, like you said, Nick has no idea. I'm still very curious to see where and how the show will progress although I have lost a little bit of momentum. I'm glad Grimm returned tonight (Friday, March 8, 2013) with all-new episodes before I completely lose all interest.

#10 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

The full episodes are now up on the official Grimm NBC website if any of you would like to play some catching up.

I'm really glad to be able to finally get back into watching the show which has been exciting so far. What do you guys think?

Offical Grimm NBC

#11 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

The first episode from season 3 was released a few days back, and I can say it's looking good. The Grimm get's out alive from his encounter with the Royal family, and he even has a power upgrade, transforming into a SuperGrimm, a real monster slayer. The love story is once more complicated by the recent events and it appears that the wolf will attack the sheep.

#12 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Things are becoming very interesting after the first 3 episode of season 3. The royal prince is dead, Nick has become something between a dead and alive Grimm with extra powers,  and the gypsy women ritual is almost complete. What do you guys think the Chief of Police (the only Royal blood still alive) will do now?

#13 pandandesign

pandandesign

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

I am not sure about this show but have seen the trailers and looks quite interesting. I thought it relates the brothers grimm, which the show is more about fairy-tale but is kind of dark and twisted. I really like fairy-tale and have been wanting to watch some sorts of similar to the fairy-tale stories but not twisted. I giving this a try and hope it is as good as Once Upon A Time.

#14 evelynmcgregor

evelynmcgregor

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

I am so looking forward to the return of Grimm.  I absolutely love this show.  I am always amazed by the different creatures that appear on each show and marvel at the people who create them.  It is just amazing.  I watch the program on sci fi where they do the monster makeup so I can understand how much work goes into creating the masks, ect.  And there is an ongoing story line so that makes it much more enjoyable to watch.

#15 kendra101a

kendra101a

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Grimm is back this upcoming Friday!!! I'm so excited. This is the one show I have been looking forward to the most this fall and it is one of the last on my list to return! Can't wait to see what is going to happen to Nick now that he isn't a grimm. Two more days!!

#16 chattygirl

chattygirl

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

I love this show. It so underrated. I really wish that it would get more love. I think of it as the Energizer Bunny of shows because, despite being on Friday nights which is considered the graveyard for shows, it just keeps going and going. I'm curious to see what becomes of Nick, too. 

#17 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:57 AM

Are you guys still keeping up with the show?

Any thoughts on Teresa/Trouble being the only Grimm in the show? I also got intrigued on how the writers will go about Grimm, with Nick no longer a Grimm.

It's just weird watching Grimm, without him being one.

#18 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

SPOILER - maybe

I was so glad to see that they find Monroe, just in time of course, and are able to rescue him from the wesenrein.  Of course, we knew they would save him - what would the show be without Monroe - but the rescue was actually pretty suspenseful.  I loved that Rosalee really went after the guys that had kidnapped Monroe - it's good to see a woman in a strong role.  Of course, Juliette changing into a hexenbeist was an interesting twist.  I guess we've seen it coming for a few weeks now, but to see her change completely gives a new turn to the show - can't wait to see what happens with her.

#19 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:20 AM

Wow! Really glad someone is keeping up with this show. I love this show even though not too many people are following it. The episode on Juliette - how she is turning to what you describe is truly an interesting bit for me, too. I am truly curious as to Nick and everyone's reaction if they learn of what she's become. I'm having trouble with her choice of confidante as regards the changes going on with her, though.

#20 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

Wow! Really glad someone is keeping up with this show. I love this show even though not too many people are following it. The episode on Juliette - how she is turning to what you describe is truly an interesting bit for me, too. I am truly curious as to Nick and everyone's reaction if they learn of what she's become. I'm having trouble with her choice of confidante as regards the changes going on with her, though.

It was the Captains mother that helped her and Nick when Adalind "become" Juliette for a night and took Nick's grimm powers away.  His mother did a spell that changed Juliette into Adalind and that was what gave him his powers back.  However, now she is starting to turn into a hexenbeist, like Adalind.  She goes to the Captain hoping they he can reach his mother and figure out what's going on.  (Boy, I can't believe I just said all of that!)  It will be interesting to see if she's really become a hexenbeist or if it's just temporary and they are able to "turn" her back into a human.  I'm looking forward to this plot line.