• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

I can no longer accept that we don't already have a topic on this vastly underrated show.

Let's discuss.

Posted Image

#2 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

The Homeland homage of Dalia pulling a Nicholas Brody at the end of last week's episode was perfection.

#3 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Dalia is not my favorite part of the show but that was ridiculously funny

Dallas and George sounded good in theory. They are painful to watch. It saddens me because I wanted them. Jeremy Sisto stole this episode. George hugging himself on the steps broke my heart

Not quite as heartbreaking but Ryan leaving the wishbone to Lisa was another sappy moment

#4 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

This show is highly underrated I can't not believe Dallas just walked away from George the way she did. George went to endless length to make Dallas happy even at the expense of his own daughter. I think this should be the end for those two. Dallas is so fickle she just does not know what will make her happy. All I can say is poor George and poor Tessa.

#5 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

I love Suburgatory too and Dalia is sometimes an interesting kid underneath her bitchiness. I think there's something more to her than those dead eyes and flat, toneless voice.

George deserves a better woman than Dallas. I never really had much hope for them working out long term because she's kind of self centered, flaky and annoying.

Tessa is a terrific kid and I liked her from the very first episode.

#6 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

I love the premise of suburgatory as there aren't many shows about solo dad's taking care of their daughters. The actors who play Tessa and George have such a natural relatable rapport. My parents are divorced and I spent the last few years living with my dad while studying at college and Tessa's relationship and interactions with her dad reminded me of my own. :)

Hopefully the next woman George dates isn't as selfish as Dallas. :) Their relationship never made sense to me. Also, does anyone else love the Shays? I think they're hillarious.

Edited by squareeyes89, 21 September 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#7 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hopefully the next woman George dates isn't as selfish as Dallas. :) Their relationship never made sense to me. Also, does anyone else love the Shays? I think they're hillarious.

I never understood what a smart guy like George saw in a shallow, demanding, overly dramatic woman like Dallas. I always thought that they made a weird couple. And he doesn't seem like the type to just date a woman because of physical attraction.

#8 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

I couldn't quite get into this show based on the first episode, but I do love the lead actress. And it's nice to see Sisto in a comedy. 

#9 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Has this show been cancelled too or is it just going to be another mid season replacement? Does anyone know when or if it will return?

#10 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

I love this show as well, and ABC took forever to renew it even though it had a very strong season, with the exception of the finale.  That finale was awful, no bones about it, but the rest of the season was fantastic.  The mother is now on Trophy Wife, so I am hoping she does not return.  I do not care for her at all.  

I cannot find anything on a return date, and that makes me nervous because this is how ABC rid itself of Cougar Town.  They refused to air it until their line-up was a mess, and then, it suffered because of where it was placed.  I was really bummed to see the boyfriend leave, so I am hoping they can fix that.  I also hear George's best friend did not renew his contract nor the principal, so who knows what that means.  

#11 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Suburgatory Was picked up for another season, but is was a close call, as it almost ended up on the chopping block. The network has made some budget cuts and as a result , the show will be losing Noah , and Tessa's high school guidance counselor. There is still no word on when the show will return.

#12 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm glad it got picked up again for another season. When does it premiere?

#13 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

I can no longer accept that we don't already have a topic on this vastly underrated show.

Let's discuss.

tumblr_mdiapwgN8g1qbsfzvo1_400.jpg

I couldn't agree with you more about how underrated this ABC original is, its so refreshing, it doesn't try to be what it isn't some goofy slap stick comedy, or some cheesy sitcom, or situational Comedy, it simply is, about a single dad and his teenage rebellious daughter and there move from the cut throat city of New York, where you have to be so street savvy to survive, to Suburbia where everything is fake and everyone is dumb and blonde and plastic.

#14 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Oh man I loved the 1st season, it reached a fevour pitch, but as with most sitcoms, succeeding episodes have been on a downward spiral as of the 2nd season, they're trying to get back some buzz by having Lisa and Maleek marry at age 17, but I'm not sure if it will work...

#15 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

It is so sad that this show has been canceled. This was a great show I think ABC was the one who ruined it , they kept cutting cast members and some of the plot twist did not make since. It would be nice if a cable network would pick this show up and restore it to it original format.

#16 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

Oh man I loved the 1st season, it reached a fevour pitch, but as with most sitcoms, succeeding episodes have been on a downward spiral as of the 2nd season, they're trying to get back some buzz by having Lisa and Maleek marry at age 17, but I'm not sure if it will work...

They really tried to make it work, but I don't think it was enough. It ended up becoming too much of a focal point for a while. 

It's sad that the show is over now, but it also doesn't surprise me any. This type of show can only last so long. 

#17 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

They really tried to make it work, but I don't think it was enough. It ended up becoming too much of a focal point for a while. 

It's sad that the show is over now, but it also doesn't surprise me any. This type of show can only last so long. 

I don't think they tried to save it . It seems like all they tried to save was the budget by cutting good cast members. You are right this type of show only last so long because it is smart humor. People only want corny one liners .

#18 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:53 PM

I miss this sohw badly :(  It really had a lot potential!  I'm not sure what's wrong with me for falling for shows that ost of the time end up cancelled :(  I wish this should could come back! It'd be awesome, but I guess it's too late for that!  I see TV shows that aren't any good, are both boring, predictable, tedious and monotonous, yet they stay on air (not giving names!), but this one was so cool and got cancelled!