• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Out of all the shows listed in the first post, the only one I really watch is Extreme Couponing. I used to watch Sister Wives, but now that the family's having trouble and not getting along, I've tuned out. Besides Extreme Couponing, the other TLC shows I watch are Cake Boss, 19 Kids & Counting, and The Little Couple. As for the other shows on TLC, most of them are stupid, especially My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

#22 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

I miss some of the older shows that were on TLC, such as In A Fix, While You Were Out and Trading Spaces. I wonder if they would ever consider showing some old re-runs of these. It would be great to see some of the cast again. It seems like after the housing market crashed a few years ago, a lot of these shows disappeared.

#23 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

Over here in the UK, TLC has only just become a station that we can include in our cable or Sky packages and actually watch. I find that I am only enjoying one show that TLC broadcasts so far and that show is Family SOS, with Joe Frost in it. She is best known for a show called Supernanny or Suppernanny USA, where she would go into people's homes observe, and then give the parents techniques as to how to get their family back on the right track. it is a REALLY good show. Antibody else watching it?

#24 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

I can’t believe it’s the last season of What Not to Wear. I don’t watch it religiously but I quite like the show. I often get caught up when they have marathons. I have been following the new episodes this season though. The last episode was particularly good and helpful because the woman had a slightly similar body type to my own.

It is a very hit or miss show though. Some of the episodes are really good and the transformation is quite inspiring. Other times it can be a little boring. It’s annoying when people sign up but really aren’t receptive to the process or change at all.

#25 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

I have also been on an Amish kick as of late. I have NO idea why, but I have been on one, and I am now really intrigued by them, and want to know more about their lifestyle. I saw breaking Amish advertising on TLC too, and so I will definitely be watching that. Can't wait. I have already watched the Amish Mafia.

#26 cg303

cg303

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

I have to admit I watched Honey Boo Boo first season.  This new season it seems to be more scripted than ever. Of course we know it's scripted but its to the point were its obvious. I was watching the episode were its pumpkins birthday. The mom took her to a BBQ restaurant to take on a challenge and it was pretty nasty. I know they are making money but I wonder if they know people are pretty much making fun of them. The girls seem to not have manners they didn't really the first season but now its just to much I don't care for it. It has just become gross and just nasty . I used to like this family too I was rooting for them. Till I heard that pumpkin was cyber bullying another person from her class calling her fat and ugly.  I don't know who she thinks she is now so sad.

#27 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

I have to admit I watched Honey Boo Boo first season.  This new season it seems to be more scripted than ever. Of course we know it's scripted but its to the point were its obvious. I was watching the episode were its pumpkins birthday. The mom took her to a BBQ restaurant to take on a challenge and it was pretty nasty. I know they are making money but I wonder if they know people are pretty much making fun of them. The girls seem to not have manners they didn't really the first season but now its just to much I don't care for it. It has just become gross and just nasty . I used to like this family too I was rooting for them. Till I heard that pumpkin was cyber bullying another person from her class calling her fat and ugly.  I don't know who she thinks she is now so sad.

After watching South park and hearing about Honey Boo Boo, I just never really knew who she or what Honey Boo Boo was in the first place, until this overweight little girl in south park form came onto my TV screen. Then I saw the show Honey Boo Boo advertise on TLC and the entire South Park episode made sense lol. Honey Boo Boo is NOT something that I will be watching. Seems very boring.

#28 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

After watching South park and hearing about Honey Boo Boo, I just never really knew who she or what Honey Boo Boo was in the first place, until this overweight little girl in south park form came onto my TV screen. Then I saw the show Honey Boo Boo advertise on TLC and the entire South Park episode made sense lol. Honey Boo Boo is NOT something that I will be watching. Seems very boring.

That show is so fabricated. You could tell the whole family was tripping over themselves to get their own TV show, so they could act like idiots and ham it up for the camera while making millions. You have to wonder if that little girl is going to grow up to be as obnoxious as her mom, or if she is going to me mortified of her past. I would be humiliated if my childhood and family were the butt of jokes like that and put on display for everyone to see.

#29 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

That show is so fabricated. You could tell the whole family was tripping over themselves to get their own TV show, so they could act like idiots and ham it up for the camera while making millions. You have to wonder if that little girl is going to grow up to be as obnoxious as her mom, or if she is going to me mortified of her past. I would be humiliated if my childhood and family were the butt of jokes like that and put on display for everyone to see.

I agree. I mean, I love how liberal everything is these days in modern television, but some thing people just do not need to see, and some thing people just do not need to be praising or idolizing by giving it its own television show. The premise of the show is based upon an overweight little girl. I was like, are you kidding me, when I first discovered that. That is not something that is healthy, but at the same time it also isn't healthy to have the glamorous and stick thin people on TV all of the time either.

#30 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

I can’t believe it’s the last season of What Not to Wear. I don’t watch it religiously but I quite like the show. I often get caught up when they have marathons. I have been following the new episodes this season though. The last episode was particularly good and helpful because the woman had a slightly similar body type to my own.

It is a very hit or miss show though. Some of the episodes are really good and the transformation is quite inspiring. Other times it can be a little boring. It’s annoying when people sign up but really aren’t receptive to the process or change at all.

I thought What Not To Wear ended last year, wow. Is Clinton still on the show? I see him all the time on The Chew now, but hadn't been watching WNTW lately.

I remember the very first season of that show, before Clinton was on there, they had some really annoying cranky guy with hair down to his rear. It was so ridiculous watching him critique others when he needed a makeover himself.

#31 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

I thought What Not To Wear ended last year, wow. Is Clinton still on the show? I see him all the time on The Chew now, but hadn't been watching WNTW lately.

I remember the very first season of that show, before Clinton was on there, they had some really annoying cranky guy with hair down to his rear. It was so ridiculous watching him critique others when he needed a makeover himself.

He is still on thankfully. It is funny to see the earlier episodes and see some of the things Stacy even wore. I wonder if the show is ending because Clinton is so busy with The Chew. I enjoy the show but it does feel like the time has come to end it.

#32 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm fairly new to "What Not To Wear"  but I think shows like this are just not for me. The annoying cranky guy on the first season  did get on my nerves and it was fairly amusing to see him give advice to others when he really needed some himself! 

I do not want to sound sarcastic or negative but I just think that enough is enough and these silly reality shows have gone too far!

#33 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

What Not To Wear? sounds like the standard fashion kind of show. Would I be correct in assuming that guys? What is What Not To Wear actually about and how is the formatting of the show? Is it like what not to wear universally or what not to wear in certain seasons? There are lots of different criteria lol.

#34 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Did anyone see that what not to wear episode with the Cafe manger? The women had just received a promotion and I think it was her boss who turned her in to the show. Every shirt this lady owned had holes in it , some in very reveling places. She was in desperate need of a properly fitted bra. By the end of the show after her makeover she was unrecognizable. I mean if you walked up to her on the street you would not know it was the same person. Even Stacy and Clinton were wowed.

#35 byersals

byersals

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

As soon as they checked out the cashier gave her the receipt with a coupon that read " Congratulations. You did it. The time is right, will you marry me?" The boyfriend proposed on one knee in the grocery store check out. It was the cutest episode I've seen

Haha!

I wouldn't say that's the most romantic thing ever, but if couponing and saving money was something they both were into and so important to them, then it was obviously special for them. Congrats to the both of them!

Ha ha! True. It's not my dream proposal but it worked for her. It was the cutest episode of extreme couponing I've seen though. I definitely prefer my own proposal story. :)

I know if this is how my husband proposed to me, I for sure have said yes. :-)  I guess everyone has their own thing!

#36 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm fairly new to "What Not To Wear"  but I think shows like this are just not for me. The annoying cranky guy on the first season  did get on my nerves and it was fairly amusing to see him give advice to others when he really needed some himself! 

I do not want to sound sarcastic or negative but I just think that enough is enough and these silly reality shows have gone too far!

Aw I love Clinton though. I don’t think this show is that silly. They really try to help people create a more put together image, not completely change their style. More often than not, the contestants feel much more confident after the process is over. I think this show is a lot more useful than a lot of the other shows on TLC.

#37 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

I use to like watching "Cake Boss" because I love baking in general! Watching how the experts work is amazing! After a while though, the whole thing became quite stale, and I thought that some members of the family were pretty annoying!

#38 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I never really got into Cake Boss. It felt a bit staged at times and I agree with some of the other family members being quite annoying. I think the most interesting part was seeing the different types of desserts. I liked the baking competition version of the show far more.

#39 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

I am currently looking for new shows to watch and I was going to give some more cooking reality shows a go, but I just can't watch anything outside of Hell's Kitchen. Cooking shows are really boring for me. Gordon Ramsey being a complete and utter idiot is the only thing that keeps Hell's Kitchen alive for me. And I always get hungry when I watch it, which is not good if I have no money or there is no food in the house lol.

#40 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

What Not To Wear? sounds like the standard fashion kind of show. Would I be correct in assuming that guys? What is What Not To Wear actually about and how is the formatting of the show? Is it like what not to wear universally or what not to wear in certain seasons? There are lots of different criteria lol.

It's a show where someone's friends or family nominate a person to get a complete makeover. The victim is videotaped for a couple of weeks, to capture all of their fashion disasters. They also interview their family/friends to get their thoughts. Then they confront them unexpectedly on camera and tell them what is up. The deal is, they will give them $5000 towards a whole new wardrobe if they agree to follow their rules and get rid of their existing clothes for good. They then coach the person in a three way mirror, showing them all their mistakes - and finally they give them suggestions and send them off shopping on their own to find the right stuff. They also give them a hair and makeup makeover and at the end there is a big reveal.

Once in a while, some of the participants are really stubborn and complain the whole time, all the way up to the end.