• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I really like the Little Couple. They are really amazing and doing a wonderful job portraying their culture. They are proof positive that we can all accomplish what we put our minds to no matter what may be disabling us. The little boy they adopted is just adorable. I really Like Jen's approach to parenting. Thumbs up TLC

#42 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

What Not To Wear? sounds like the standard fashion kind of show. Would I be correct in assuming that guys? What is What Not To Wear actually about and how is the formatting of the show? Is it like what not to wear universally or what not to wear in certain seasons? There are lots of different criteria lol.

It's a show where someone's friends or family nominate a person to get a complete makeover. The victim is videotaped for a couple of weeks, to capture all of their fashion disasters. They also interview their family/friends to get their thoughts. Then they confront them unexpectedly on camera and tell them what is up. The deal is, they will give them $5000 towards a whole new wardrobe if they agree to follow their rules and get rid of their existing clothes for good. They then coach the person in a three way mirror, showing them all their mistakes - and finally they give them suggestions and send them off shopping on their own to find the right stuff. They also give them a hair and makeup makeover and at the end there is a big reveal.

Once in a while, some of the participants are really stubborn and complain the whole time, all the way up to the end. 

Hahahahah! Oh. The show does sound like your typical run of the mill kind of fashion show, but it sounds like it could actually be fun to watch? If any of my family ever did this to me then  would not be very pleased, and I would tell the show to GTFO of my life, so thatI could continue to wear my favorite fashion disasters hahaha!

#43 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

What Not To Wear? sounds like the standard fashion kind of show. Would I be correct in assuming that guys? What is What Not To Wear actually about and how is the formatting of the show? Is it like what not to wear universally or what not to wear in certain seasons? There are lots of different criteria lol.

It's a show where someone's friends or family nominate a person to get a complete makeover. The victim is videotaped for a couple of weeks, to capture all of their fashion disasters. They also interview their family/friends to get their thoughts. Then they confront them unexpectedly on camera and tell them what is up. The deal is, they will give them $5000 towards a whole new wardrobe if they agree to follow their rules and get rid of their existing clothes for good. They then coach the person in a three way mirror, showing them all their mistakes - and finally they give them suggestions and send them off shopping on their own to find the right stuff. They also give them a hair and makeup makeover and at the end there is a big reveal.

Once in a while, some of the participants are really stubborn and complain the whole time, all the way up to the end. 

Hahahahah! Oh. The show does sound like your typical run of the mill kind of fashion show, but it sounds like it could actually be fun to watch? If any of my family ever did this to me then  would not be very pleased, and I would tell the show to GTFO of my life, so thatI could continue to wear my favorite fashion disasters hahaha!

Please I would get over being nominated quickly. $5000 and a free all expense paid trip to New York , three nights in a luxury 5 star hotel and I get a personal stylist. If my feeling were hurt I would recover quickly.

The last episode I watched was with Tiffiny the singer from the 1980's and she nominated herself.

Edited by NDN, 05 October 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#44 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Please I would get over being nominated quickly. $5000 and a free all expense paid trip to New York , three nights in a luxury 5 star hotel and I get a personal stylist. If my feeling were hurt I would recover quickly.

The last episode i watched was with the Tiffin ay the singer form the 1980's and she nominated herself.

lmao!!! If only for the time off work, then I may do it. I have never had my make-up or clothes done professionally or anything like that, but I don't think that the makeover style would last with me, before I began wearing clothes for comfort, rather than how it looked again :/ I am making myself sound like a slob, aren't I? Let's just say that I have a face so beautiful that it could carry me though any outfit, whether it be a bin bag or some sweat pants lol.

#45 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

I really like the Little Couple. They are really amazing and doing a wonderful job portraying their culture. They are proof positive that we can all accomplish what we put our minds to no matter what may be disabling us. The little boy they adopted is just adorable. I really Like Jen's approach to parenting. Thumbs up TLC

I enjoy watching the little couple there is so much love in their family. This couple transcends their disability. When I watch them I just see two hard working successful parents. Their little Will is so cute and is very fast learner. He is so fascinated by all his new surroundings and they seem to have a hard time keeping up with him.

Edited by NDN, 05 October 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#46 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

I enjoy watching the little couple there is so much love in their family. This couple transcends their disability. When I watch them I just see two hard working successful parents. Their little Will is so cute and is very fast learner. He is so fascinated by all his new surroundings and they seem to have a hard time keeping up with him.

I think that it is great that shows with dwarfs being the central cast members are out there. years ago, we never would have gotten such a show, and I think that it demonstrates how far we have all come :)

#47 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Well, we can thank the Roloff's for getting all that started with Little People Big World..... another great example.... 

#48 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Well, we can thank the Roloff's for getting all that started with Little People Big World..... another great example.... 

I know. I have heard that people that incarnate into this life as dwarfs, were often fairies in their past lives or life, and that because their energy is so bright and strong, they often have physical problems in this 3d reality, due to the fact that this slowed down 3d reality cannot really handle that kind of energy and translate it all that well, due to the high frequency of said energy. But apparently dwarfs usually come with some kind of message that will help with the forward progression of humanity, even if it is just paving the way for dwarfs on reality TV shows :)

#49 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

The little people couple have just been blessed with new an addition to their faintly. The family has just brought home a two year old girl from India named Zoey. It is so nice to see Will is going to have a sibling to grow up with. These two are great parents, it will be interest to see this new addition on the show ,and how they will handed parenting a girl.

#50 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

The new season of the Little Couple has started. The couple has gone to India to pick up their newly adopted daughter. Will is doing a great job at being a big brother and does his best to try to help little Zoey feel comfortable. He is such a good boy, he is very loving and tries to share everything he has with her.Will has such a gentle soul.

#51 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Has anyone watched the show Extreme Cheapskates?  I was watching an episode that some lady was feeding her husband a tuna sandwich except for the fact it was cat food.. She was even happy to proclaim that she saved 30 cents, the best part was the caption when they showed the husband's reaction said, "Ex-husband" Lmao...

#52 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

Yes , I watch that  show and I am disgusted by what some of these people do to save a few pennies. Eating out of dumpers , cooking on or in things that were not intended to cook food. It is one thing to eat stuff you find in the trash and pet food yourself , that is your chose , but it wrong to serve it others. One of the nasties things I saw on that show was a woman who made her entire family bathe in the same dirty water.

#53 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Yes, I have watched Extreme Cheapskates. I hadn't even known that there was such a show until a few months ago. I accidentally stumbled upon a clip on youtube and I found myself enthralled, further watching another three or two full episodes of the show lol.

#54 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Yes , I watch that  show and I am disgusted by what some of these people do to save a few pennies. Eating out of dumpers , cooking on or in things that were not intended to cook food. It is one thing to eat stuff you find in the trash and pet food yourself , that is your chose , but it wrong to serve it others. One of the nasties things I saw on that show was a woman who made her entire family bathe in the same dirty water.

At least tell the others where you got the food from, you know?  There are so many diseases inside dumpsters, so why even serve that to yourself, let alone others, unless you want people to contract a new disease...  I just don't understand, haha.  As for the entire family bathing in the same dirty water, what's the deal with that?  You're only saving a couple dollars off your water bill.  There are other alternatives like not using the dishwasher and washing by hand...

#55 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

At least tell the others where you got the food from, you know?  There are so many diseases inside dumpsters, so why even serve that to yourself, let alone others, unless you want people to contract a new disease...  I just don't understand, haha.  As for the entire family bathing in the same dirty water, what's the deal with that?  You're only saving a couple dollars off your water bill.  There are other alternatives like not using the dishwasher and washing by hand...

Just being a woman and thinking about what goes into the bin during the menstrual menstrual makes me dry heave, so to thin that people are eating out of dumpsters is just - I can#t fathom it without dry heaving.

#56 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Wow, that really makes me sick...I mean if you're going to eat out of dumpsters to save money, why even bother to have a home and paying the mortgage/rent?  Wouldn't you be saving money by just living on the street??

#57 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Just being a woman and thinking about what goes into the bin during the menstrual menstrual makes me dry heave, so to thin that people are eating out of dumpsters is just - I can#t fathom it without dry heaving.

Exactly , you have no idea what that food has touched while it was in the garbage. For all you know people have been stepping on it and animals running though it.

#58 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Exactly , you have no idea what that food has touched while it was in the garbage. For all you know people have been stepping on it and animals running though it.

#59 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

Ewwww. I am shuddering with disgust as I type - truly, I am. :/

I have nothing against people that are cheap,and neither do I have anything against those that eat out of dumpsters. But the idea of me doing such makes me extremely uncomfortable.

#60 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

So I spent some time today trying to watch 19 Kids and Counting. 

The first few episodes were interesting because you get to learn about the family, their values, their organization systems, how they manage their money, etc. After a few, though, I was bored and had no interest in it any more. I don't understand how this show could go on for so many seasons! What more is there to talk about except for new kids and marriages??