• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

Okay, I've never seen the show before, so this was a first for me. 

I was grossed out before she even started putting the sauce in the pan. The way she wiped her nose and whatnot before.... ew. 

Cranberry lasagna? Oy! So gross!! 

I know this is exaggerated for TV, but I also know that it's gotta be based on fact somewhat anyway, which makes it so much worse that they're not making this stuff up entirely! 

#82 sat413

sat413

Friendly

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

I think I hate Honey Boo Boo the most of any show on TV. What bothers me is that I feel like they're exploiting their child and I think that is a terrible thing to do to a little girl who really has no say in this. There is also something about the whole premise of the show that disturbs me, I don't think we should reward people who behave like this with attention/

#83 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

Well, I'm sure many of you have heard Honey Boo Boo was axed by TLC.  This was in the wake of the fact that her mother apparently was dating a man who is a registered sex offender.  Although, her mother denies the involvement, but who knows to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if she was dating this man.  I am kind of glad to be honest that TLC dumped this show, for me it wasn't the type of program I wanted to be watching.  Tried to watch it for like ten minutes once, that was enough to know it wasn't a show I wanted to watch. 

#84 PennySafe

PennySafe

Shy

• 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

Did anyone watch 90-day fiance?  I thought this was an interesting show.  I feel a little bad for that one older lady who married the 26 year old Mohammed.  First of all, I feel like he doesn't understand what marriage is at all.  He doesn't get that it's a union and that he can't operate totally independently anymore.  Also he didn't even understand that his wife's debts become his and that they are responsible for each other.   I also feel like he isn't attracted to her and sees the marriage as his ticket to American life.  Sadly, I think that the lady really does care about him more than he will ever love her.

#85 Beabo

Beabo

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

Well, I'm sure many of you have heard Honey Boo Boo was axed by TLC.  This was in the wake of the fact that her mother apparently was dating a man who is a registered sex offender.  Although, her mother denies the involvement, but who knows to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if she was dating this man.  I am kind of glad to be honest that TLC dumped this show, for me it wasn't the type of program I wanted to be watching.  Tried to watch it for like ten minutes once, that was enough to know it wasn't a show I wanted to watch. 

I'm not in the U.S. anymore - where my exposure to that show was the most present - so this came as a surprise to me. Well, I'm kind of glad they took it down. I mean, I didn't have anything against the show - at first I didn't like it but then I realized how loving their family is, most of the time - but I got irked by how they just followed these girls around and used them as entertainment.

I hope that the mother really isn't involved. She has young children, and it would be dangerous if she dated a registered sex offender.