Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

!!

#2 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Anyone here a fan of Basketball Wives or Basketball Wives LA? I 'm a fan of both shows. Just like with a lot of reality shows featuring females I' m not a supporter of women acting a fool, however it's my guilty pleasure to catch these shows. So I was just wondering if anyone here is a fan of these shows. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when BW returns to see what Evelyn will encounter from Jennifer and Shaunie. I'm also currently watching BW LA and for the first time saw a whole new sneaky side of Jackie. She is too much.

#3 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

I used to watch LALA's show on VH1. Not anymore though. I also used to watch the Irv Gotti reality show on VH1. The one where he at the end was kicked out by his wife? I miss "Charm School" and "Scream Queens" the most though.

#4 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I used to watch LALA's show on VH1. Not anymore though. I also used to watch the Irv Gotti reality show on VH1. The one where he at the end was kicked out by his wife? I miss "Charm School" and "Scream Queens" the most though.

Oh my goodness. I forgot about those shows. I was a fan too. I liked Victoria Gotti and La La's show. Do you know if La La's show is still on the air or are they on a break now. Her friends Dice and Po were hilarious and kept La down to Earth.

#5 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

I think LaLa's show is still on. Just not as much because it's basketball season.

#6 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

So I caught a recent episode of Basketball Wives LA where the ladies traveled to Louisiana and did volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity. I like that they are doing something positive together. I guess Laura and Jackie have their own understanding. I wonder when Laura's going to drop the bomb that she's spoken to Jackie's daughter? I seriously think Brooke needs to let it go with Draya not giving her "praise" over her magazine cover accomplishment. It's clear Draya is jealous she didn't get the cover. I'm over this same argument already. Matt and Gloria are married now...(yawn). I'm looking forward to see what transpires next.

#7 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Anyone ever seen the show You're Cut Off? Its about these spoiled pampered girls who are cut off by their rich families and are then forced to learn how to live in the real world with the help of a life coach. VH-1 has had two seasons of this program, but I don't recall it being back in 2012 so I have to wonder if maybe it was cancelled.

I liked to watch it I have to admit because some of these girls had me laughing with some of their reactions to having to do things like house work, and grocery shopping. Another reality show on VH-1 that I have liked to watch on occasion is Tough Love, this time about women who seem to have relationship issues, and are looking for guidance on how to have a healthy long term relationship.

#8 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Anyone ever seen the show You're Cut Off? Its about these spoiled pampered girls who are cut off by their rich families and are then forced to learn how to live in the real world with the help of a life coach. VH-1 has had two seasons of this program, but I don't recall it being back in 2012 so I have to wonder if maybe it was cancelled.

I liked to watch it I have to admit because some of these girls had me laughing with some of their reactions to having to do things like house work, and grocery shopping. Another reality show on VH-1 that I have liked to watch on occasion is Tough Love, this time about women who seem to have relationship issues, and are looking for guidance on how to have a healthy long term relationship.

I just saw the end of one episode of the "You're Cut off" show. It looked interesting. I caught the episode where the girls worked at a job and each got $70 on their paycheck to spend on a beauty treatment of their choice. I don't know any of the girls names but I wondered if these rich girls were permenantly cut off or is it to teach them a lesson on this show?

I've heard of the show Tough Love for a while however never caught a full episode. From the commericials I've seen in the past, it looks like the host gives the women advice without the sugar. I don't know if it's still on or not though.

#9 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

VH1 has a new show coming called "Black Ink" or something similar to that. Where they follow an all-black staffed tattoo shop in Harlem New York. It looks interesting and pretty damn cool. If I like the show, I might go down there and get me a tattoo. I've always wanted to get one, but everytime I have an idea of something I want? A year later I change my mind. I must make a major and solid decision on what I want to put on my body. And I don't wanna do the full arm symbols thing every other black guy on the friggin planet is doing these days. :(

#10 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

VH1 has a new show coming called "Black Ink" or something similar to that. Where they follow an all-black staffed tattoo shop in Harlem New York. It looks interesting and pretty damn cool. If I like the show, I might go down there and get me a tattoo. I've always wanted to get one, but everytime I have an idea of something I want? A year later I change my mind. I must make a major and solid decision on what I want to put on my body. And I don't wanna do the full arm symbols thing every other black guy on the friggin planet is doing these days. :(

Oh yeah. I know that show you are talking about. I just saw commercials for the show this past weekend. It looks like a cross between Inked and Bad Girls (and Boys) club. Those folks look like they have a lot of drama and get real wild and crazy. As for getting a tattoo, you definitely want to be sure it's something you want for life because there's no turning back. I've heard that the removal process is twice as painful, so whatever you decide, just be sure you are 110% ready. If you are on the fence about it or change your mind, it's best to hold off in the meantime. Nothing wrong with the skin you were born in. :)

#11 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I know! I've seen the laser tattoo removal that gang members and sometimes ex cons have to get done in order to get real world jobs. One guy who had been shot 4 times before going to prison said the removal process was more painful than that! I'm like really? More painful than being shot four times???? Ya don't say lol! :lol:

#12 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I just saw the end of one episode of the "You're Cut off" show. It looked interesting. I caught the episode where the girls worked at a job and each got $70 on their paycheck to spend on a beauty treatment of their choice. I don't know any of the girls names but I wondered if these rich girls were permanently cut off or is it to teach them a lesson on this show?

I've heard of the show Tough Love for a while however never caught a full episode. From the commercials I've seen in the past, it looks like the host gives the women advice without the sugar. I don't know if it's still on or not though.

To my knowledge, most of the women were just cut off to teach them a lesson. The final episode of the two seasons the program had the girls would graduate then tell their families what they have learned. At this point that family is given the chance to take them back and support them once more.

The family's having had a talk with the life coach before hand about each individual girl and what her recommendations were then decide if they will take the girls back. Most of the time they did take them back but there were stipulations such as the girls not spending so much, and taking the family for granted.

There was one case of a woman who was cut off by her husband who had a baby girl and she had to agree to start caring for the girl more herself instead of relying on nanny's to raise the kid. Most of the women agreed to their family's stipulations, now whether they actually lived up to their part of the bargain is another story all together.

#13 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

They should do a reverse show though. Like call it "You're Put On!" Where relatives reveal to other relatives who've fallen on hard times, that they've been keeping a nest egg for a long time, and are going to share it with them. That would be awesome!

#14 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

They should do a reverse show though. Like call it "You're Put On!" Where relatives reveal to other relatives who've fallen on hard times, that they've been keeping a nest egg for a long time, and are going to share it with them. That would be awesome!

Ha! Now that would be interesting...and probably spawn a lot of fights and law suits in the process.

#15 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Well it'd be a contest! Like only the relatives who desperately need the money would be eligible. And also, there'd have to be a thorough check on the relatives up for the cash. Meaning? The producers need to be sure they wouldn't blow the money on hookers, strippers, strip clubs, drugs, booze, or any vice. They'd really need it for college, entrepreneurism, to buy a house, to kick-start a career or a dream, to invent a new product, etc. Something worthwhile and noble.

#16 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Is anybody currently watching VH1's Love and Hip Hop New York, and have you watched Love and Hip Hop Atlanta in the past? That is one of the best shows, for drama and foolery, on TV these days. The characters are outrageous, and it just always turns up the drama. My only problem with the show is that it does come across as a little bit staged at times, but the first season of Love and Hip Hop Atlanta and their season reunion kind of explaoned why things come across like that.

Anyway, anyone else watching LHHNY?

#17 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Is anybody currently watching VH1's Love and Hip Hop New York, and have you watched Love and Hip Hop Atlanta in the past? That is one of the best shows, for drama and foolery, on TV these days. The characters are outrageous, and it just always turns up the drama. My only problem with the show is that it does come across as a little bit staged at times, but the first season of Love and Hip Hop Atlanta and their season reunion kind of explaoned why things come across like that.

It's been a while since I've watched the new season of Love and Hip hop. I'm so behind. I never even saw the Atlanta version. I guess I 'll have to check out the episodes on Netflix or online. I wonder when Chrissy and Jim's show will return for the next season.

#18 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

It's been a while since I've watched the new season of Love and Hip hop. I'm so behind. I never even saw the Atlanta version. I guess I 'll have to check out the episodes on Netflix or online. I wonder when Chrissy and Jim's show will return for the next season.

I know you aren't watching Jim and Chrissy's show over Love and Hip Hop - both ney York and Atlanta lol. Jim and Chrissy's show is really boring compared to the other two i just mentioned. There's so much drama going on in the current series of the New York one. But I would reccomend that you try to find the Atlanta episodes. They are PURE GOLD to watch! Seriously, so entertaining to watch.

#19 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Love and Hip Hop NY is interesting. So many diverse personalities and everyone is capable of blowing up at any given time. The reunion show will be wild.

#20 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Love and Hip Hop NY is interesting. So many diverse personalities and everyone is capable of blowing up at any given time. The reunion show will be wild.

I completely agree. I think that the Atlanta one was better, if only a bit sillier in the fact that there was such a copious amount of ridiculousness going on ,that one could hardly believe it. Do you know when the Love and Hip Hop NY Reunion is going to be filmed, or maybe it has already been filmed. I Know that the bad Girls Club Reunion has already been filmed, and the series hasn't finished airing yet.