Official Website

Posted Image

#2 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Has anyone been keeping up with this show as of late?

I know it's just another teen styled drama. But hey, when I'm bored, I tune in sometimes. I just saw the latest episode. And I sort of hate the way Dixon and Adriana's romance ended. Don't get me wrong, she cheated (multiple times) and deserves what she's getting. But still, she dated her friend's brother. So this will put a spike in her and Anne's friendship too.

#3 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I do still watch this series but I really don't even know why. The writing is just terrible.

I'm happy Dixon & Adriana split because their relationship was already not working before his accident. But the way he found out about her cheating and that whole situation felt so contrived. Regardless, I don't really care because I like Navid & Adriana together. I somehow hope they will take it back there again. I don't think the breakup will impact her relationship with Annie though. She already talked to her earlier in the season when she was having problems with Dixon. I don't even think those two are that good of friends.

#4 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

I do still watch this series but I really don't even know why. The writing is just terrible.

I'm happy Dixon & Adriana split because their relationship was already not working before his accident. But the way he found out about her cheating and that whole situation felt so contrived. Regardless, I don't really care because I like Navid & Adriana together. I somehow hope they will take it back there again. I don't think the breakup will impact her relationship with Annie though. She already talked to her earlier in the season when she was having problems with Dixon. I don't even think those two are that good of friends.

Yeah, the writing is terrible. I think the ONLY reason it survived this long is because of the heritage it has from the first 90210 series. I predict them being cut next season just like Gossip Girl got this season.

As for the relationship thing, I guess you have a point. It's not like Annie and Adrianna were uber tight or anything. But they were at least civil. Even with problems, I'm sure she won't be kind of the fact she cheated on him. Pretty much kills whatever little friendship they had at all.

#5 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

As bad as it is, I do want to see how the series resolves. I hope the next season will be the last. I do still find Naomi entertaining at least.

#6 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Naomi being the main focus on the show is probably what kept it alive this long. Because in the beginning, the show was all about Annie mostly. And truth be told, that was making the show suck. It got a bit more enjoyable when Naomi became the lead female of the show.

#7 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I have to agree. I've never liked Annie, especially in the beginning. The only storyline I really enjoyed with her character is during the second season when she was with Jasper.

#8 tierapatt50

tierapatt50

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

I never watched the old 90210 but i love this remake it has a lot of drama and a lot of things going on period but it is definitely worth watching. I do think that maybe they should have had another main girl character instead of Annie because I feel like she is kind of dull. Sometimes I do feel like they could make it not so teen centered because that kind of makes you not want to watch it.

#9 hogwarts

hogwarts

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

Honestly, the writing for Adrianna's character has been sucking ever since the third season. She was my favorite character from the first episode and I enjoyed her through the second season, too, but they character assassinated her (mainly to prop up the boring Silver/Navid relationship). I always kind of hoped she'd get with Liam, since they both have their troubled pasts and have an interesting dynamic and a fair amount of chemistry. Plus, it would be all kinds of pretty.

Also, I never liked Annie, either. I just thought she was boring and kind of whiny.

#10 4justice

4justice

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

This show was rightfully canceled. They did do some smart things later on. But overall, the writing and plots of the show just weren't good enough. And to be honest, the show only lasted as long as it did because they took the lead away from Annie and moved it to Naomi.

If the show had the characters act more adult and less like children that didn't know any better, it MIGHT have been renewed.

#11 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

I agree with you cordial, the show was at it's peak during the 1st 3 seasons and after that it kind of all went downhill. I still kept up with the show just so I could see how it ended. I do wish that the final season could have been better but I think it ended on a good note. It was really great to see all the main characters come together one last time.

#12 4justice

4justice

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

The problem isn't necessarily the show, but teen/ young adult drama as a whole.

Today's teen and young adults aren't as caty and childish in their actions as 90210 showed them to be. Which means that the people they wanted to see this show possibly felt alienated.

If they ever try shows like this again, the personality of the characters have to evolve.