• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Jessica Lange is amazing on this show. I was really excited to hear that Kathy Bates would be joining the cast for season three, especially since I finally got around to watching Misery recently and I know she can play an amazing villain. Even if she isn't a villain, I think she's be an excellent addition to the show. But I agree that they shouldn't get too carried away with the storylines, since that can be a slippery slope that leads to cancellation.

#2 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm looking forward to the new season, regardless of the speculation. As long as Jessica Lange is involved, I'll be on board. Having Kathy Bates in the cast is just a cherry on top of it all, and I can't wait to see what her character will be like.

#3 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new season. The characters are well-done, so much so that the unpredictable things that happen to them carry a lot of weight. The story is good, if not a bit far-fetched, but enough to keep the ball rolling in any case.

#4 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Posted Image

#5 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

I actually like this show. It's a throwback to all the old classic horrors of the 70's and 80's. And it reminds us of just how UNscary so called horror movies of today really are.

#6 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

I love it! This season is so crazy, which I guess is appropriate considering the name and theme. Back when the season first started, someone said that the whole haunted asylum thing had been done too much. I was like, oh this isn't just about an evil asylum! There's aliens, demons, mutants, etc... :lol:

#7 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

I'm still on the first American Horror Story. We are about halfway through the season now, and it's awesome. Although it isn't at all scary. Ghosts aren't very scary anymore when they lose their mystery and become characters the same as the living characters. It's still a great show, though. Well written and interesting. I'm happy to see a lot of positive reviews about this one because I plan to watch it as soon as it's available on Netflix (which will sadly probably be a while since they just now put the first one on there after all this time).

#8 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Season 2 is decent. But season 1 was far superior. Season 3 has already been greenlit, so it'll be interesting to see what direction it goes in.

#9 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

I think I actually like S 1 & 2 equally at this point. The first one was definitely scarier, though. I gotta say, it was a stroke of genius to get Zachary Quinto (I'll always call him Sylar) roped into this show. He does evil and insane so well regardless if it's as a serial killer or crazy ghost. And Jessica Lange blows me away every time. In fact, I think the casting is so important for this show to work, the characters are just so far out there.

Last night's episode was great, I loved it when Judith broke the record into pieces. And I'm even more intrigued by what the heck the aliens want.

#10 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

That's what I mean. There's too much stuff in this season. Demons, mad scientist experiments, nazi doctors, aliens? It's getting too cheesy.

#11 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think I actually like S 1 & 2 equally at this point. The first one was definitely scarier, though. I gotta say, it was a stroke of genius to get Zachary Quinto (I'll always call him Sylar) roped into this show. He does evil and insane so well regardless if it's as a serial killer or crazy ghost. And Jessica Lange blows me away every time. In fact, I think the casting is so important for this show to work, the characters are just so far out there.

Last night's episode was great, I loved it when Judith broke the record into pieces. And I'm even more intrigued by what the heck the aliens want.

He's a great actor. I've just recently started watching the HEROES series on Netflix again. It's been years and I forgot how amazing it is!

#12 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

"HEROES" should still be on the air. But NBC bungled it so badly. The writers quit, or were fired and replaced with new writers. It was just a mess. In the end, there were too many characters, intersecting storylines, etc. Some characters just vanished while others became whole new people. I'll never forget when Ali Larter's character went from single mom to "water lady".

#13 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, Heroes was terrible at the end but had a very strong start. I loved it at first and was tired of it at the end, same as Lost.

Last night's episode was awesome, yet again. I wonder what they're gonna do now that Sister Mary and Dr. Arden are supposedly dead. Bring them back? I think that the devil jumped into the Monsignor just before he threw Mary over the stairs. But then again, the angel of death (?) said she was going to take them "both" when she kissed her. That could mean that her job isn't done, though.

Just gotta say, I loved the scene where everyone was dancing to The Name Game!

#14 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yeah season 3 will be called American Horror Story Coven. It'll involve witches. Taissa Farmiga, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Sarah Poulson and a few others will be returning for Season 3 as well. It debuts this October. I can't wait!

#15 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Kathy Bates dueling with Jessica Lange should be one of season 3's best reasons to tune in. I just hope season 3 doesn't go off in too many different directions like season 2 did.

#16 XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXx

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

I only watched a few episodes of American Horror Story but I must say its a enjoyable show to watch! I really like the characters and the creepy intro they use before a episode starts. I also really like sister Mary. I would have to say my favorite episode is when Jude was strapped down in a hospital bed with a headbrace on... I wish I could remember what season and episode it was though because Icant remember.

#17 SJ77

SJ77

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

I've never been into horror, but I caught the first episode of American Horror Story - Asylum on FX and I was hooked. I watched the whole season. Jessica Lange was amazing. Sister Jude was so evil and in the most twisted way there was something likable about her because she did really seem to think she was doing the right thing for these damaged "souls." I was more drawn in at the beginning of the season.

The end was a little anti-climactic for me. But overall it was so well done and suspenseful and there were some great twists. I think that's why I kept coming back for more. I haven't seen season one. I might have to rent the DVD's. I don't know though. The haunted house theme is more creepy to me than the asylum. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for season 3!

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm watching season one Murder House and my goodness it's creepy. I can only watch 1-2 episodes at a time just to digest what I am watching. I'm not a big horror movie fan, so sticking with this series will be a challenge. I'm committed to the first season because I love Connie Britton.

#19 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

I was really into the first season. But I only watched a few episodes of Asylum. However, I’m pretty committed to watching Coven. I already like it more than Asylum, probably because of the witch theme. Nonetheless, the cast of this show is enough of a reason to watch.

Edited by Monique, 21 October 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#20 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

I am also very into this third season; Coven. My friends and I have dabbled in witchcraft before so we thought it would be very interesting to tune into this season, not that we would not have tuned in if it was about something else lol. I love the disturbing nature of American Horror Story. I just love how dark it is. I can't eat and watch it though lol. doesn't matter how hard I try, I just can't.