• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

This thread has been created to discuss HBO shows that are set to premiere this winter and spring. We will create individual threads for shows that receive a lot of interest and feedback. Here's the Winter/Spring line up: HBO Series Schedule – 2013.

• Girls, Season 2, Premiere Date: January 13th - Moved to its own thread

• Enlightened, Season 2, Premiere Date: January 13th

• Real Tim With Bill Maher, Season 11, Premiere Date: January 18th

• The Ricky Gervais Show, Season 3, Premiere Date: April 20th

HBO free preview starting soon, use On Demand to get caught up on shows you've been meaning to watch.

#2 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I got so caught up with Shameless and House of Lies that I forgot about Girls and Enlightened.

Sunday night is a mess. Too many shows.

#3 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Veep Season 2 premiers tonight.

#4 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Is Real Time With Bill Maher getting old to anyone else? He's not that funny anymore and his guests are all recycled from like earlier episodes. He needs to tap a new pool of guests and his writers need to come up with sharper jokes.

#5 Believeinsomething

Believeinsomething

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

True Blood season finale is this Sunday. The season for this show seems way too short  :( . Does anybody know what is going to happen with Eric? I think I would stop watching the series if he leaves.

#6 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

Is Real Time With Bill Maher getting old to anyone else? He's not that funny anymore and his guests are all recycled from like earlier episodes. He needs to tap a new pool of guests and his writers need to come up with sharper jokes.

Nope. Not for me. Not as long as he has interesting guests

He had Reza Alsan on his panel the last time I watched. LOVE that man. He is one of the most realistic journalists of today IMO

#7 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

I've been watching Summer Heights High this weekend on HBO Go in preparation for Ja'mie: Private School Girl and it is hilarious! I have no idea how I missed out on SHH before now. It sort of reminds me of the first two seasons of The Office when it was really good, but this is better.

#8 minutes

minutes

Cordial

• 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

I think Girls is overrated.

It's not very original, and I find it dull at times. Everyone talks about how Lena Dunham is such an amazing writer...but I'm not seeing it. I don't really like her character at all, either. I think the show is trying to reach out to all females, but in reality it only caters to a much smaller audience. 

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

I really like the show Looking, it's so underrated. If it gets a third season I will start a thread for it.

#10 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

I really like the show Looking, it's so underrated. If it gets a third season I will start a thread for it.

No shame in quoting myself, but Looking is one of the best shows on TV right now that people aren't watching. Next week is the season finale and still no word from HBO if it will get renewed or not. I hope we/us fans hear something this week either way. I usually don't get disappointed over a premature cancellation of a show, but I will be if Looking gets canceled.

#11 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

No shame in quoting myself, but Looking is one of the best shows on TV right now that people aren't watching. Next week is the season finale and still no word from HBO if it will get renewed or not. I hope we/us fans hear something this week either way. I usually don't get disappointed over a premature cancellation of a show, but I will be if Looking gets canceled.

The season finale was excellent! It will be a shame if HBO doesn't renew it and give fans an opportunity to see these stories/characters to the end.

Season one was slow and drawn out which was probably the reason why it didn't capture a larger audience, but season two delivered each and every week.