• Please log in to reply
790 replies to this topic

#41 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

The only character I really like on this show is Ollie's abs. Thea is a distant second and even I acknowledge she was all types of Lindsay Lohan entitled and obnoxious.

#42 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

If they kept her as Lindsey Lohan. Fine. Stick with it

They are giving me whiplash with her characterization and the way the actress speaks through her teeth is annoying me more and more

All the characters are so plot driven. It's frustrating.

#43 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Laurel worked better here without her anchor, Tommy. He weights her down. She is in her eliminate in her interactions with Thea, her father and Oliver

I agree with this! I don't ship Laurel and Oliver, I preferred her with Tommy but now they aren't working. He's got nothing going on and she pities him more than anything. Before, I thought, oh he could win her...but he wont with Oliver being Oliver and Tommy being a guy confused about which path to take. Laurel is not many things (writing critique, no offense to Katie), but she's supposed to be a very driven woman. I can't see her putting up w/ the pity for Tommy very long.

Though if Ollie falls into bed with IT girl, I figure she'll spend some time trying to make him jealous w/ Tommy.

Edited by Jenners, 30 January 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#44 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Thea is contrite after messing up. AGAIN

If Moira was telling the truth about Mr. Queen, it makes the acting in those scenes one of the most terrible on this show. The woman was acting all shifty and just plain weird

Is Felicity a scientist or a computer nerd? She can do everything apparently

Edited by 90s, 30 January 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#45 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Well, it was a whole hour before we heard the thread " You have failed this city"

That was pretty good episode. I think it was more character driven than most of the episodes we've seen so far

#46 Jess

Jess

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

So, I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Next week, I'm going to do an assessment of the front half of the season and I'm hoping to include comments (both good and bad) from viewers of the show. if you have any thoughts you'd like to add, can you please add them here with a little tag maybe that they're for my review? Thanks!

#47 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

The Hood's lines in the opening was very very very bad. Embarrassingly so

#48 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

The Hood's lines in the opening was very very very bad. Embarrassingly so

Poor Stephen

So much for the show being rooted in reality

#49 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Felicity looked lovely. I hope they are not going to route of beautiful nerdy girl hiding behind glasses. This show has enough clich├ęs going for it as it is

That said, I am already over her having a solution for everything

I don't fee strongly about any character but Thea and Lance are inching their way up my hate list

#50 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Laurel is going use Thea as a substitute. I wish we'll get to see her POV more

Yoe Fie helped him escape from the camp right?

Felicity should know he is the Hood. How can she not know?

#51 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

If they kept her as Lindsey Lohan. Fine. Stick with it

They are giving me whiplash with her characterization and the way the actress speaks through her teeth is annoying me more and more

Edited by Franzy, 30 January 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#52 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

IT nerd is also a pathology and Queens Global have an underground lab in waiting. I liked the character but if they are going to use her this way, then I'll rather she remains a marginal character. It enables lazy writing and this show can't afford any more of that

Thea was insufferable tonight. I love Willa but the writing for the character is not working, I am afraid. She is going to regress again when she finds out Moira's role in the Gambit wreckage and her involvement in Walter's disappearance. They should have waited till then before she backslides. Now I am going to keep an eye on spoilers so I know when to DVR and fast forward it

Laurel worked better here without her anchor, Tommy. He weights her down. She is in her eliminate in her interactions with Thea, her father and Oliver

Thea's middle name is suppose to mean something. Apparently that is the same middle name of a Mia character who was an addict

Edited by Bittersweet, 30 January 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#53 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

He is more likely to fall into bed with the
Spoiler
They named the episode after her and everything

Nothing will make me dislike Laurel quicker than a show jealousy. If the way she behaved when she met Helena was any indication, I have nothing to worry about

#54 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Moira is a seasoned liar. She lied to Oliver without flinching

It is a good thing Oliver has a copy because the one Felicity gave him is toast

It is nice to have all the spoilers in one neat pile!

That producer should not speak if he doesn't have anything new or insightful to share.

I want to say yes, but I'll verify

#55 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Tommy is full of shit!

Laurel must answer to him about her work related stuff? The boy is the most insecure man on earth. Okay that was an exaggeration but yeah.

#56 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

What wouldn't I give to have Laurel get out of dodge before Arrow gets there

But if she leaves who will listen to the guys' rumbling

#57 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Damn good episode

I am glad they didn't drag out Oliver knowing Moira had a duplicate notebook. That could have easily been one of those plots that is draged out so I have to give the writers kudos for dealing with it right away. Poor Oliver, he doesn't wat to believe his mother could be anything other than his dearest mommy. Damn good cliffhanger but not surprising. He has to find out the truth and he's already tried as Oliver. Time to put on the hood

Laurel was proactive even though she couldn't escape. She was not a complete damsel in distress. Katie was very very good tonight. I personally think she is one of the best actress on the cast and tonight proved what she ca bring to the table if she is given the material to work with. I loved Laurel's confrontations with Lance. What is it going to take for Lance to back off the Hood. I just don't get this personal vedetta he has against the hood. If he continues to go after him after tonight, I'll be very pissed. The events that occurred should be a turning point for him

The only thing I didn't enjoy was Laurel/Tommy. He is coming off as very entitled. Laurel doesn't have to tell him every detail about her life and comparing her keeping things from him to her father using her as bait was a bit much. Also a bit much was him saying that Laurel is infatuated with the Hood. Where exactly did he get that idea?

Looks like pre-Island flashback next week or a dream

Edited by Ceena, 06 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#58 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

So Deadstroke/Slade is not the man who tortured Oliver earlier on. That man must be Deadshot, Slade's Australian equivalent of the CIA's partner.

I have two questions. Why is he working for he mercenaries and who is Yao Fei that two secret services are sent on a mission to rescue. He is not Australian so shouldn't a Chines agency be the ones rescuing him?

In previews Moira shoots Oliver. Bring it on!

#59 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Maybe Yao Fei worked with them and that is why they are trying to rescue him. In any case, I think all three of them (Mask guy who tortured Oliver, Slade and Yao) are all working together to thwart the mercenaries

I need the show to make clear if the Arrows kill the henchmen or not. They leave it to interpretation and most people think he is leaving dead bodies behind him. The Huntress arc was suppose to have taught him a lesson about taking lives and the difference between vendetta and whatever it is he is doing. If he is killing then that lesson didn't last 5 episodes

Diggle was cool under pressure " I want to use the restroom" Yeah, right lol

Tommy/Laurel must end.

Det Lance's hard on for the vigilante must end too

Someone in his department is working against him and doesn't care if his daughter is caught in the cross fire. I would say it is Det Mackenna

#60 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

All I see when Tommy is on screen is a man shrouded in insecurity. Meryln must have done a number on the poor man. I don't hate him but I am finding the characterization tiresome. Bring back the Tommy that was trying to woe Laurel and being a gentleman to Thea

I think it is the cop who was flirty with Oliver last week too. I think she was the one who alerted the cops where the meeting was going to take place last week

Is the Hood killing everyone he shoots with an Arrow? I don't know. I think he shoots to wound but who knows. I think it was insane that he shot the guards but didn't shoot the bad guys themselves. I don't like the implication but I don't think it is intentional. He needs the confrontation so he leaves them conscious