• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

All shows that air on Animal Planet goes here :)

#2 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Ok folks. So what's your favorite Animal Planet show? I like Gator Boys, Cats and Dogs 101 and Animal Cops to name a few. Does anyone here have a pet too? I'm the proud owner of a cat. She's a calico and Siamese mix with the kind temperament of a puppy. 

#3 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Ok folks. So what's your favorite Animal Planet show? I like Gator Boys, Cats and Dogs 101 and Animal Cops to name a few. Does anyone here have a pet too? I'm the proud owner of a cat. She's a calico and Siamese mix with the kind temperament of a puppy. 

Yes, I have a cat. She is the love of my life.So my favorite is on Cats and Dogs.

#4 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

I watch Meercat Manor from time to time, but I was rather surprised at some of the "adult" subject matter they show on this show. There was one episode where one of them got knocked up and they had too many babies in their pack. The show went on to explain that the mother may choose to kill some of them since it would be hard for her to feed all of them. Then they were speculating about if she was going to do it or not through the whole show.

Another episode they accidentally abandoned one of the babies and it starved to death. I was balling my eyes out lol.

#5 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

I have watched animal cops. It is truly a shame to see people mistreat animal. I will never understand why someone would go though the trouble of bringing home a pet only to neglect the animal. It is good to see that they have the animal cops to punish these people. These police officers are performing a necessary service.

I saw one episode where a man had horses that were nothing but skin and bone.They were walking around in dirty stalls. The owner evens had the nerve to be taking money to board someone else's horse. Animal Cops showed up and seized all the horses.

#6 MercyL

MercyL

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

My favorite show is still Meerkat Manor. I could not see it during the first run because I never knew when it was on. Now that we have Satellite and a DVR to go with it, I just find it in the "on demand" area or record the series and watch everything once a week.

I like Meerkat Manor because the Meerkat society is so fascinating. Their political structure is more cutthtroat than human  politics, well some of human politics, but they manage to live their little lives to the fullest.

#7 shadowhisper42

shadowhisper42

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

My favorite is "Big Cats Diary" the footage is good and they cover some pretty amazing stuff. I don't know if I could develop the nerve to be in an open- exposed vehicle watching some 600 pound lion walking by. But I imagine the adrenaline rush when watching one of those big cats on the hunt. Man, I get a rush when i see it on t.v. and as I post this comment.

#8 jneanz

jneanz

Cordial

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

Love the show My Cat From Hell.  A cat behaviorist/musician goes to different homes to get to the root of problem housecats.  Many of them are feral cats with abandonment issues.  Other common scenarios is that a man will move into his girlfriend's house where her cat has already marked its territory.  So far, I've watched some extreme episodes and there hasn't been a casualty yet. 

Yay cats!

#9 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

I just like watching the documentaries, especially on insects or rare aquatic life...

#10 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:05 PM

I haven't turned on Animal Planet in a long time. I feel like they've really changed the network for the worst. It doesn't really have must see television but I do like It's Me or the Dog, Dogs 101 and Too Cute.

#11 brreeves1s

brreeves1s

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

I love watching Meerkat Manor because I loved Timon from the Lion King when I was younger. Also, they're just so stinkin' cute!

Another of my favorite shows is Too Cute, because, duh, PUPPIES! I think one of my favorite episodes had Old English Sheepdog puppies. 

And let's not forget the best show Animal Planet has all year, the Puppy Bowl! I love how this year, the halftime show at the real Super Bowl was Katy Perry, so the Puppy Bowl halftime show featured Kitty Purry! So clever. :)

#12 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

I haven't turned on Animal Planet in a long time. I feel like they've really changed the network for the worst. It doesn't really have must see television but I do like It's Me or the Dog, Dogs 101 and Too Cute.

Same here!  It seems most of the shows they air nowadays aren't as remotely interesting as they were when I was a teenager! I really miss watching Steve Irwin!  It's such a shame he had to go that way, if he hadn't died that day I'm sure he'd still be doing what he loves doing... the TV show would still be airing!