Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Alright, so even if you aren't watching this season, what do you think about this show in general? Is it a good thing or horrible? Do you think it ever motivates anyone in a good way?

#3 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

It's makeover time!

What do you guys think about the kids getting makeovers? Is that healthy to show them their progress like that? Or does it draw too much attention to how they look instead of how they feel and their health?

#4 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

I think that almost every show on TV ubderlines how important it is to care about how you look, which I think is unhealthy. So I think that the show should focud on the health aspect more than the asthetics. I used to like this show, but i'm not too happy with what it has now become, to be honest.

#5 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

I used to like this show, but i'm not too happy with what it has now become, to be honest.

It's funny that you should mention that.

The early seasons were actually insanely unhealthy compared to what they are now. If you read any of the interviews of the contestants from the beginning, they will tell you all the horrible things they did to them. For example, they would be forced to stop drinking water 24+ hours before the weigh-in in order to become insanely dehydrated and lose more water weight to make the numbers look bigger. And even though the show claims that it's a week every time, they would sometimes go a couple weeks between weigh-ins so that it looked like they were losing insane amounts of weight in a single week, when really it was two weeks of insane workouts and drastic diet cuts instead.

#6 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

While I don't watch this show hardly if at all, I think its existence is a good thing. Anything to get obese people to eat healthier and lose weight and excess fat is a great thing. Too many people dying from obesity-related circumstances.

#7 Debra66

Debra66

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

While its neat to watch all those people lose a lot of weight, in reality I know I couldn't personally do it the way they lose the weight.  It is just too extreme for me.  I'm surprised to hear what they did to them in the earlier seasons though.  I had no idea that they did that.  I have to admit the reason why I like some reality TV like Hells Kitchen and Biggest Loser is because of the drama.  I personally think that is why most people like it.  I know when the next season starts I'll probably watch again.

#8 Realitytv

Realitytv

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

I love this show cause it shows that people are trying to get help to lose weight. Weight problems are a big bummer in our lives and we need help to look and feel better. I love how they try to win it. I guess someone will go home weighing less and that's what I care about. I also like the fact that the TV show is raising awareness for people who want to lose weight and try to lose weight. They will learn a thing or two about how to lose weight. 

#9 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

This is my most favorite show on TV because I was once in the same place with each of those contestants. I had already lost 75 lbs into my weight lost journey when I found out this was the reality show for it. I started watching from the first time it was aired and I'm still psyched about the next season. During the lateral part of my weight loss journey, I met Jillian Michaels at Central Park, May 10, 2008. She was doing the Self Magazine workout celebrity trainer hosting. She's been my on of my life coaches every since.

Yes, it is exaggerated for reality TV. But more important than that, it's emphases is on health. I met a lot of the contestants throughout the years too. I don't buy what the scandal sheets say or who said what about who. Two of the contestants that I thought I was not going to like are two of my biggest supporters and close friends now. So don't really go by what's aired and how you perceive it to be. Or who says bad things about it. Watch the show for one season with an open mind. Then you decide for yourself.

I am so psyched for the return of The Biggest Loser for Season 15. Ruben Studdard (American Idol winner) is already  a contestant for season 15. He is doing it fro his health and his career. The music industry closes many doors to those who are heavy, because it doesn't sell. This is Ruben's baby. I'm happy for him.

There are 14 other new contestants. The theme for season 15 is "A Second Chance". Bob, JIllian and Dolvett are returning as trainers. Ali Sweeney is returning as the host and the challenge enforcer. They move to Tuesday nights this season. The premiere airs on Oct. 8 at 8pm est. They are splitting the slot with the The Voice. So they are on for one hour this year.

Happy Labor Day, everyone. .

#10 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

I will probably watch this season. I’m really happy Jillian is returning again. I’m happy it will only be on for an hour, as I do think they really drag out the show and it really doesn’t need to be two hours. But it is motivating to watch while I’m working out. I really liked Dani last season. 

#11 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

While not suscribing to TV, there is very few shows that I watch. This is one that I will never miss. I watch it live on the internet. I like Jillian too and I'm one of many who met her. 

#12 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

I thought one of the participants in the show was getting sued because she gained weight after being on the show, and could not go around promoting the show and it's spinoff products. I don't like to see them put so much pressure on the participants to loose weight that quickly. It's dangerous and not realistic at all for someone to go through that at that speed. 

#13 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I thought one of the participants in the show was getting sued because she gained weight after being on the show, and could not go around promoting the show and it's spinoff products. I don't like to see them put so much pressure on the participants to loose weight that quickly. It's dangerous and not realistic at all for someone to go through that at that speed. 

Some of the contestants have gained weight half of their body weight back, after the show. That's natural. After all, they are not working out in a protected envronment, six hours a day as they did on the ranch. They are checked out medically and approved to be on the Ranch. They sign release forms so they know exactly what they are getting into. legally. 

It's reality TV. While it's not reality in real life to workout six hours a day, six days a week; the message behind The Biggest Loser is to get America interested in getting healthy. To reduce obesity and illnesses. The nutrition part is something that all of us can use. Please do watch the show. Please do watch the show. The trainers and the contestants do suggest that the viewing audience workout for not more than two hours a day.

#14 MercyL

MercyL

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Some of the contestants have gained weight half of their body weight back, after the show. That's natural. After all, they are not working out in a protected envronment, six hours a day as they did on the ranch. They are checked out medically and approved to be on the Ranch. They sign release forms so they know exactly what they are getting into. legally. 

It's reality TV. While it's not reality in real life to workout six hours a day, six days a week; the message behind The Biggest Loser is to get America interested in getting healthy. To reduce obesity and illnesses. The nutrition part is something that all of us can use. Please do watch the show. Please do watch the show. The trainers and the contestants do suggest that the viewing audience workout for not more than two hours a day.

People forget that losing that weight means nothing if all of the skin that covered the fat is left in place. All of that skin demands nutrition and will keep sending hunger signals!

Just as people who keep weight off after stomach surgery do so because they have plastic surgery to remove the excess skin, people participating on weight loss reality shows need to have their excess skin removed to maintain their new wieght.

Why don't people, especially doctors, think about that?

#15 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

People forget that losing that weight means nothing if all of the skin that covered the fat is left in place. All of that skin demands nutrition and will keep sending hunger signals!

Just as people who keep weight off after stomach surgery do so because they have plastic surgery to remove the excess skin, people participating on weight loss reality shows need to have their excess skin removed to maintain their new wieght.

Why don't people, especially doctors, think about that?

This is very interesting and a good point. A fellow who was on The Biggest Loser as he was sent to the show from a former contestant Joell. lost over 400 lbs from watching The Biggest Loser. He was on my radio show where I interviewed him.He did all on his own from watching The Biggest Loser.  He was writing and promoting his autobiography to get the money to do his skin removal. He had kept the weight of and he looks very good. He was wriitng his book and promoting it for four years to get enough money to have his skinremoved and he got that done a few months ago. No hospitalization covers the skin removal. It's expensive and you have to pay for it yourself, Many insurance companies are willing to set payment plans where you pay monthly until it is all paid up. Or you can arrange a payment plan with the doctor doing it....I checked into for myself. I'm going into six years in keeping off 12 5 lbs. I can't afford it, but I am still keeping the weight off. 

#16 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Wayne has given me permission to post my interview with him, here, when he was on my radio show. Wayne got on the Biggest loser after he lost over 400 lbs on his own being inspired by the show. Joell Glenn, was a contestant on season 7 of the Biggest Loser. She friended Wayne on facebook, was inspired by his story and got him on the show. Please excuse the call drops during the interview. Here is how it all went: http://www.blogtalkr...lost-over-400-.

#17 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

The Biggest Loser Camp Fitness Ridge

In connection with The Biggest Loser, NBC started two Camp Fitness Ridges, at first. The first one is in Malibu, CA. The second one is in Ivans,Utah.

Now they have fourth of them. The latest Camp Fitness Ridges are in Chicago, Ill and Niagra NY.

They are for everyday people in America to go and learn how to lose weight and get healthy. Workouts are not as intense as being on the ranch for the show, but they are still involved. See an example of their schedule at http://www.biggestlo...com/typical-day

Current and former Biggest Loser contestants, also go to one of the Camp Fitness Ridges. Some of them teach there as personal trainers too. Giving back to the community.

Wayne, who I interviewed is in here. Plus a couple of my personal friends went to the came in CA and they will like to go back as well.

Edited by pftsusan, 21 September 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#18 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Season 15 airs one week from tonight. All who are watching, are you ready? It's been a long time and I'm so exctied! Ruben, I'm sure will be challenging! It's great to have all the trainers and Alison back this season! 

#19 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

NBC did a last minute switch in their schedule, which I am not happy about. Especially since they advertised for a whole month that the premiere was the 8th. That is that they will be airing The Biggest Loser Season 15 premiere next Tuesday, Oct,. 15th, 8pm est, now. It's been a while. But since they are a couple of huge surprises, I will be super excited about seeing those mentioned in the premiere next Tuesday. Stayed tuned for those. 

#20 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

While the Biggest Loser can be entertaining, I'm not sure it sends the right message about healthy weight loss as most people don't have the time and means to go to a retreat where they focus 100% of their day on losing weight.The show is popular because everyone wants to see the contestants make rapid transformations, however, shows where people are taught how to cook balanced meals and start exercise regimes at home, probably send a better message. Losing weight isn't about competing in over the top challenges, like pulling cars, it's about keeping up an exercise regime, one people can stuck to in the long term. In saying this it would be interesting to see Rueben Studdard on the Biggest Loser.