#1 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

Well our watch time will be shorter 

http://www.huffingto...kusaolp00000003

I wonder why they are cutting it to 2 episodes per week. People were already unhappy with its 30 minutes/4 days a week run

This doesn't bode well for its longevity IMO

#2 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Welcome back AMC!

#3 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Lmao!!

Seriously? has anyone not done this yet? I know the meme went viral and all, but it seems so strange to see ones like this....and several news stations have done it, too.

#4 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I love it!

I can't wait for this show to come back.

First up. Who shot JR.  bwahahahaha!

Edited by MaryAnn, 15 March 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#5 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yes, it looks as if AMC and OLTL are scheduled to being online at the end of April. I don't know if I will actually be able to stream the shows online, but I will just have to wait and see. I too can't wait for them to come back to find out where they pick the story up from. There has been much speculation about that from fans, but I guess we just have to wait and see.

#6 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

There'll be plenty of youtube uploads, I am sure 

#7 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

I wondered if anyone was watching AMC online. I know it returned this week, unfortunately I haven't found the time to access it myself. I have heard some comments about what has been happening on the program since it came online. Such as who was the person who was shot at the finale when the show ended on ABC. Won't give away any details in case some of you haven't seen the show yet. From what I have heard its been pretty good so far.

#8 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

I haven't watched either oltl or amc yet. I plan watching them marathon style when the shows I watch go on hiatus

#9 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

That's a good idea. I probably will get back to watching them after I get my tablet. I have a family member who is planning to invest in a Kindle fire this Summer, and they offered me their current tablet. So, I figure this would be an ideal thing to watch videos on, more so then my computer, which is mainly for writing purposes then anything else. So, I will probably start watching again this Summer. Hopefully the episodes will still be available somewhere online.

#10 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

One hour is better than no shows at all. I guess?

However, they could have come up with better a spin for why they are cutting back. Blaming it on viewers' habit make it seem like the audience is at fault. That is just bad pr

I haven't watched yet and this news makes me want to watch less

#11 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

From my understanding Prospect Park is doing this because they thought it would be easier on viewers to keep up. Mainly because they have noticed that the majority of viewers are downloading the shows on weekends and watching the in marathons. Now whether this is true or not remains to be seen. I have a feeling that even though AMC and OLTL have been successful online the cost to put them out is still higher then what is being made for them on average. So, scaling them back to two episodes a week will help with the cost. I just wish that Prospect Park would of just said this and then made it clear that they are still committed to the shows, but right now the venture hasn't paid off because of the cost. I think this is the main reason whether they will admit it or not. I think putting these shows out was more of cost then they realized it would be, but I just wish they would come out and say this instead of concerning people. Because with what they have said there are those who now think the shows won't last online. As for not watching we can't give up just because Prospect Park is making up some lame excuse, we have to support these shows. Regardless of this set back, they are still doing well online and we have to see to it that they continue to do well.