• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Ellen does an excellent job of mixing humor and inspiration into a daytime talk show. Every show is unique and usually mixed with celebrities. Her signature bit involves dancing with the audience. At the beginning of every show, she comes out to music and begins dancing through the rows. Great way to start the day. :wub:

#2 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

She and Portia were on the Oprah Winfrey show last night

http://www.youtube.c...o&feature=share

#3 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Most unfortunate that Ellen comes on during the part of the afternoon I watch another program. I had hoped they'd move her show to the morning because there's a block of time: 12-1 PM where really it's a repeat of shows and since I don't watch soaps and I don't have cable, I'm stuck watching repeated material I saw the week before or simply tune out for an hour or channel surf until I find something remotely interesting, lol.

#4 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

I love Ellen's take on life in general, she meets it head on and doesn't let others or their attitudes about who and what she is get to her. It's the kind of can-do spirit that kicks negativity in the butt. I also enjoy her brand of humor, she's quite outspoken but does it in a non threatening way. Her take on the everyday is refreshing.

#5 TakeMeAway

TakeMeAway

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Of all the people on television talk shows right now, I like Ellen the best. She is real, has common sense and intelligence and mixes in the humor in a way that is really funny. I am who does not like Kathy Griffin's or Joy's (from "The View") jokes. They are not funny and they humiliate or degrade rather than engage in real humor.

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

I don't get Kathy Grififin, Joan/Meslisa Rivers and Joy's brand of humor. It is too mean or something

Ellen is just fun all around. She is unbelievably gorgeous on top it

#7 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I don't get Kathy Grififin, Joan/Meslisa Rivers and Joy's brand of humor. It is too mean or something

Ellen is just fun all around. She is unbelievably gorgeous on top it

Not sure why this sort of "comedy" from comedians like Joy continues to be tolerated this day and age. The attitude is cliche and may have been cute in the late 70's-early to mid 80's when nothing was considered Politically Incorrect. Nowadays, one just doesn't find anything funny or useful in their type of humor. It's one of the reasons I tend to tune out when I get a whiff of it starting up from any of the fe/male comedians.

#8 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

One of the better talk shows around, like the way Ellen takes up day to day life situations and tries to make it simple.
Personal favourite episode is the one with Wentworth Miller. Glad to have been a regular viewer.

Also, the dances and interactions with the audience is mind blowing. Her comedic sense is perfect.

#9 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Ellen is an amazing person with an awesome personality. She can crack me up any time of the day even if I am watching the repeats. The questions that she puts across to the celebrities is just perfect. Its the best talk show after Oprah !

#10 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Sean Hayes 'Dance Dare in Ellen DeGeneres Show, April 13 :

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

This guy really shaken the backstage, with his sexy, funny, and wild moves! Give way to this man, for he had passed through the staffs while rocking on his own. Ellen really made such funny dare and Sean showed how he can surprise the audience! I hope it was done in the center of the audience.lol! I bet he won't get through them.

#11 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

I absolutely adore Ellen. She is always upbeat and positive. She truly enjoys helping people out and is always there for her fans. Her and Portia are so fantastic together too.

#12 Filigurl

Filigurl

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I love Ellen, even before she ever started her own talk show. I find her show really entertaining, funny as hell and varied. I think she has really positive energy.

#13 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

I love Ellen too! I love her outlook on life and really everything about her. She is funny as all get out! My daughter even likes her now (ever since Justin Beiber was on the show). This is one talk show I do watch.

#14 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

If more people were as positive as her the world might be a nicer place. I get tired of the same old mid day shows when I am near a TV that just deal with the grim of life, at least she is trying to give back.

#15 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

I agree that Ellen's positive attitude is a breath of fresh air in a world of snarky humor. I like snarkiness, but not all the time. Ellen's outlook and humor make her very entertaining. The Sean Hayes episode was awesome.

#16 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

I seldom have time during the day to watch her, but I absolutely love Ellen! How could you not love her?? She's hysterically funny, caring, energetic, and beautiful. One of my favorite things about her is that, at her age, she's a Cover Girl! I just feel like giving her a high five. :)

#17 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

I love Ellen and I am an avid follower of her show! If you want to have a dose of laughter and humor, The Ellen Degeneres Show is the place to be! Ellen is a natural comedian and oozing with energy. I love those episodes in which she exchanged banter with Sofia Vergara and Heidi Klum.

#18 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I loved Ellen even before her talk show too. I was real disappointed when they cancelled her other shows. I loved them and thought they were so funny. How anyone can dislike her, is beyond me.

#19 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

I used to watch Ellen. I really like her humor too. I love her commercials she does with the model and the make up. I tend to switch around to different talk shows. I get bored with one then find another to get hooked on for a while.

#20 toobi

toobi

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I watch little daytime t.v. but I do catch Ellen when I get the chance. I love that her show is more light-hearted entertainment than the serious issues many talk shows deal with. Sometimes it's good to get away from the heavy subjects and just have fun.