• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I should say that Ellen is a darling and one of the most lovable personalities on television. I just love her humor and wit. It seems all so natural to her. I am an avid follower of her talk show. I love it when she gives gifts to her guests. The items are truly unique and personalized.

#22 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

I don't get to catch her often, but I really do enjoy her show. She has such a warm personality that she really comes off like a "real" person, as if she could be your neighbor or your friend. Ellen is super funny too. I even like her make-up commercials. :)

#23 streakanime

streakanime

Cordial

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

This is really the only talk show that I bother watching. I generally do not find talk shows to be that interesting. I won't go out of my way to watch this show - but, I do enjoy it when I catch it on TV. She does a great job entertaining. Her show is never boring.

#24 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

I actually dvr the Ellen show. I have my Ellen Marathon on Sunday afternoon while there is nothing on tv. She cracks me up every time. I also love when she helps a family out, or finds someone a job. She just makes a person feel good.

#25 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

The best talkshow for me is Ellen. She's funny and she doesn't recycle. Every episode is new and fun and original. Plus she helps people too and gives something for her audience. I would love to be an audience at her show.

#26 workhomeunion

workhomeunion

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

I enjoyed Ellen going back to her sitcom, "Ellen" (I think that was the name of it). It was refreshingly humorous and I wish we could see it in syndication. Her show is pretty good, her humor is fantastic. I'm not really feeling the "DJ" as he comes off as a tad bit too fake.

Tony Okungbowa is the resident DJ of The Ellen DeGeneres Show. I don't think she actually needs the sidekick, because unless you're the original sidekick, Ed McMahon from the Johnny Carson show, the role comes off as a guy that's going to laugh at everything the host says, even when the joke is not remotely funny. Be that as it may, evidently he fits the role because Ellen's ratings have not suffered.

#27 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

The best talkshow for me is Ellen. She's funny and she doesn't recycle. Every episode is new and fun and original. Plus she helps people too and gives something for her audience. I would love to be an audience at her show.

What do you mean she doesn't recycle?

I don't know how many times she'd had Jen Aniston on her show. I do know it is plenty

Anyway, she is very funny!

#28 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

What do you mean she doesn't recycle?

I don't know how many times she'd had Jen Aniston on her show. I do know it is plenty

Anyway, she is very funny!

And Taylor Swift too! :) But she always got new gigs like the Horror House and so on. :)

#29 janky

janky

Shy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Ellen has one of the best shows on air. Her interviews are always entertaining and funny. I like that she does things to help various charities as well. There was one interview that she did with Chelsea Lately that was hilarious.

#30 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

LOLZ I don't know what was funnier. Ellen dressed up as Sofia Vergara, or her trying to speak Spanish. It was awesome seeing her in that ridiculously over exaggerated dress. Ah Ellen doesn't where dresses often, but when she does she wheres it so well lol.

#31 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I don't watch the Ellen DeGeneres Show very often, but when I do my attention is 100% on her. I've always liked Ellen's style of humor, and she's one of my favorite comediennes out there, plus she provided Dori's voice in Pixar's Finding Nemo, a bonus.

I see that Ellen has caught on Psy's Gangnam Style craze, too. I recently watched a video clip of the mother and son she had invited to perform on her show. They choreographed a Gangnam Style number and posted it on YouTube, which reached quite a number of hits. Ellen seemed impressed, and I, too, was both amused and impressed at the dancing skills mom had. The son wasn't so bad either.

#32 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

I don't sit down and watch this show from beginning to end.

I do love watching the clips from YouTube, though. She features some of the most awesome guests. I love when she has kids on there dancing.

#33 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I don't catch Ellen's show since I'm at work, however the few times I've watched her show, she's definitely entertaining. I love how she uses music and her dancing in her intro to her show. She comes across very down to earth with her audience in person.

#34 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Ellen is nuts, lol! I don't watch the show that often, but I caught it recently and got to see Sophia Grace and Rosie. Those two are just too much, especially Sophia Grace. She cracks me up! All that energy in one kid is enough to wear you out just watching, lol.

#35 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I swear Ellen is getting better with age, just like a fine wine. She's looking great and got the energy of someone half her age. I have to learn her secret.

#36 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

I don't watch Ellen but I like her as an actress and host and as a person. But when do you guys think we will see a female late night t.v. show host? They're all men currently. And if so, do you guys think Ellen would make the grade as a late night'ish (11:30/11:45) late night show host?

#37 SJ77

SJ77

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

I LOVE Ellen. Her show is so fun and she really seems like a genuinely kind and sincere person. And she's hilarious. She has such a great rapport with the celebrities she interviews, but I love that she is so great to every day people who watch. When she helps people in need it's always so touching. And when she has Sophie and Rosie on. They are so adorable and now so many people know who they are. It always cracks me up when she plays practical jokes too. Like Dennis Quaid in Starbucks going "DENNIS QUAID IS HERE!" I would love to go and see her show live. Especially the 12 days of giveaways  :)

#38 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Ellen is incredibly talented. I think she manages to make fun of people (including herself) without sounding patronizing or arrogant at all. She certainly is very witty and I enjoy her interviews, they're all very entertaining although i imagine if the host were anybody else but her, it just wouldn't be the same!

#39 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

I am actually pretty shocked to see that The Ellen Show has so many fans, because I find it to be tedious along with the host. I don't really think that she is too funny either. One of the only things that I like about the show are the guests that come on. some good guests come on and they reveal some pretty juicy stuff. I remember when Cory Montieth revealed that he and Lea Michelle were dating for the first time on the Ellen show.

#40 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

She's a class act. I like how she is able to keep her cool, even when dealing with difficult issues or difficult guests. I'm also a huge Prince fan and she does seem to have him on the show quite often whenever he's got a new album coming out. She can make some biting criticisms of people too without coming off as negative.