• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Ellen is my favorite Commedienne. She's very creative in her comedy and tells it a story. Like 101 ways to use Bounty Papertowel 8 Packs.Her comedy is light and not insulting. She is very good with her children and animal guests. She has fun with dancing and is a good dresser too. 

Edited by pftsusan, 21 September 2013 - 03:35 AM.

#42 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

One thing that is rather creepy when watching her show is that she is often doing gags with guys stripping. It's kind of awkward to watch because she's obviously not into it but faking it for the audience's entertainment. She had Jason Biggs on the show the other day and made him take his shirt off and do some strip tease routine. Granted it was for charity, but I was cringing watching it.

#43 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I really don't think there is anyone who hates Ellen! She is such a cool person and I love how she dances down the aisle at the beginning of her show. I also love how she has her mother as a guest on the show and lets everyone know that she is there. Her pranks are to die for and my favorite one was when she scared Steve Harvey! He literally peed his pants when a person in a costume appeared behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.  :lol:  

#44 Banana

Banana

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Without a doubt, this is my NUMBER ONE favorite talk show. I NEVER miss an episode. Although I only really started watching around the 8th season, I think it's the funniest (and most fun) one today. Ellen is hilarious but at the same time such a kindred spirit.

#45 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

Did anybody watch the recent Lea Michelle special on the Ellen show? I think I have expressed before that the Ellen show is not my first port of call when it comes to talk shows, but the show does have a boring nice light-hearted atmosphere, and I guess that was what lea Michelle was looking for given the recent events in her life. I am glad that she seems to be doing ok anyway, and I am glad that she has this new album coming out soon.

#46 emilyrose93

emilyrose93

Cordial

• 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

My favourite part about Ellen is how much she helps people! My favourite segments are when she randomly shows up to peoples houses and gives them presents or gift cards. A while ago a woman wrote in about her parents and she had a correspondent surprise them at their house, wearing a ball-gown, and gave them a quiz, and they got a bunch of gift cards and everything from from her Days of Christmas give-aways! It always so nice to see people happy and grateful, and it makes me feel happy to watch it too.

#47 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

Speaking of Lea Michelle, I was on tumblr and a club on the Ellen show passed across my dashboard, and in the comments someone had expressed that it was funny. So I clicked play, because who doesn't like to laugh? There was a segment where Ellen was having Lea answer questions about reality TV, and if she got them wrong the random guest from the audience would suffer something dire. SO funny! I may have to re-think my thoughts about the Ellen show!

#48 emilyrose93

emilyrose93

Cordial

• 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:27 AM

Did anyone see her post-Oscars show? She had on the pizza delivery guy from the Oscars! Apparently he left before he had received his tip (she passed a hat around the room) so she invited him on the show! He got a $600 tip and then gave him an extra $1000. This just reinforces why I love Ellen for being so giving! I think I would have been happy enough getting to meet all those celebrities, but to get a $1600 tip and appear on the Ellen show too...not bad for a nights work!

#49 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

Did anyone see her post-Oscars show? She had on the pizza delivery guy from the Oscars! Apparently he left before he had received his tip (she passed a hat around the room) so she invited him on the show! He got a $600 tip and then gave him an extra $1000. This just reinforces why I love Ellen for being so giving! I think I would have been happy enough getting to meet all those celebrities, but to get a $1600 tip and appear on the Ellen show too...not bad for a nights work!

I saw what she did for that delivery man. He and his brother are struggling immigrates who are working hard to build their business. What Ellen gave them, will make a true difference for the two men.

#50 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

I saw what she did for that delivery man. He and his brother are struggling immigrates who are working hard to build their business. What Ellen gave them, will make a true difference for the two men.

I love Ellen! I loved her before this and I love her even more now. I bet pizza delivery guy didn't know what hit had him! I hope he and his brother go on to be successful.

#51 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

I may have to eat my words. I did say that I didn't really vibe with Ellen in this thread previously. but after watching a couple of her shows I have to say that she is hilarious lol.

#52 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

I was suggested by my sister to send my driver's license photo to Ellen because it looks really horrible and it was back when I wasn't in good shape, no fashion sense, and bad haircut.  She told me that she does stuff like that, and I don't mind being laughed at, haha.  I haven't gotten the chance to send it though but she keeps pressuring me.

#53 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

I was suggested by my sister to send my driver's license photo to Ellen because it looks really horrible and it was back when I wasn't in good shape, no fashion sense, and bad haircut.  She told me that she does stuff like that, and I don't mind being laughed at, haha.  I haven't gotten the chance to send it though but she keeps pressuring me.

Why, what would Ellen do with your driver's licence? I hope that she isn't into scamming and frauding people; I have only just gotten into liking her lol.

#54 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Why, what would Ellen do with your driver's licence? I hope that she isn't into scamming and frauding people; I have only just gotten into liking her lol.

Oh, I don't mean my whole driver's license; just the picture.  It's pretty bad and laughable so maybe Ellen would have a segment in her show where horrible driver's license photos are shown and there's mine the worst of the worst haunting everyone in the audience XD

#55 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

Yeah I find that any sort of ID picture, no matter how good looking one think they are, are just absolutely terrible and completely unflattering.

#56 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

This is definitely one of my favorite shows. I am new here and was expecting Ellen to be a hot topic. I don't get to see all of her shows but whenever I do it's worth every minute I spend in front of the television. Ellen the person seems to be such a genuine person. If she is acting at being so kind and giving she deserves an Oscar.

Did anyone see her latest expression of generosity? It featured Cincinnati Bengal's Devon Stills and his daughter Leah who is a cancer patient. It was quite moving. 

#57 cp2025

cp2025

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

Ellen is a bit liberal for my tastes, but I think she runs a pretty good show. It's entertaining and she seems to ask some thoughtful questions from time to time. I think her show is superior to most of the day time talk shows out there. Not something that I make a point to watch but I've never been repulsed at this show the same way I have been by The View and Jerry Springer.

#58 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

I was just saying elsewhere that Ellen is my favorite show. I don't know if my timing is always right or not but I have NEVER seen a show where I have been repulsed by her or the guest. Her shows are to my mind quite entertaining. They seem real. She seems real even if liberal. Most times I am just smiling warmly throughout the show. That she exposes all those kids to the world with their varying talents is also quite refreshing. That she seems a genuinely caring and giving person makes her show a hit with me. 

#59 TvPerson

TvPerson

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:44 AM

I love Ellen. She's always doing things for people that it just comes from the heart. I wouldn't mind meeting her one day, even if it's just to talk about the weather. I'm just lost what does her having to be a liberal having an effect on herself as a person? 

#60 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

I used to look forward to the opening of the Ellen Show, but now it looks like Ellen is just tired of dancing. She probably regrets making that her signature move. lol She is dancing it up for her check and it looks so forced! I love her show, but wish she would do something new with the openings.