• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 TvPerson

TvPerson

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

Well, Ellen could try to always switch up her dance moves. I mean, she watches "So You Think You Can Dance?", should could do opening duo dances with them. Or just choice to do one of their solo dances by herself and just enter into the show that way. It has potential. 

#62 FanGirl

FanGirl

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

I love Ellen and in all fairness she does have a fair amount of dance acts as guests. I especially enjoyed many of the kid dancers. I think one of the best she had on was Marquesse Scott.  In fact she has had the Jabawookeez from ABDC on more then once and they have always been fabulous. I think her dancing is more for the comiedic value then her being serious, she is so funny though one of the best . I would have loved to have had her on late night replacing Jay Leno instead of daytime TV

#63 TatsuKaji

TatsuKaji

Cordial

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

lol Ellen's dances are cute and quirky, definitely high on the comedic value scale.

#64 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:52 PM

lol Ellen's dances are cute and quirky, definitely high on the comedic value scale.

I couldn't agree with you more. First off her dances are cute and quirky and she is high on the comedic value scale no questions asked. I just see her appear and I am smiling. There is something about her that is just infectious. Someone posted earlier that she looks tired of the dances and she should change it up. I have to say, if she is tired, I certainly am not tired watching her.

My only regret about Helen is that she is not on a late night show. I have to stumble on her if I am home from work or try to catch with some You Tube videos. I think she is simply the best.

#65 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

Ellen is hilarious. She was even before she had her own show. She does some pretty cool stuff to help people as well. Definitely one of the good guys.

#66 shaybearlv

shaybearlv

Cordial

• 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

I love love love Ellen!!!  Her show is such a breath of fresh air, no drama, and it never fails in making me laugh.  I would love to meet her one day and you bet your you know what that I would ask her dance with me!  :)  Even just thinking about her show right now makes me smile. 

#67 FanGirl

FanGirl

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

Did anyone catch her show recently with the cute little boy who looked like a little girl? he played piano like you just could not believe. he was pretty funny because his mouth never stopped talking. Even Ellen was surprised. I think some of her best shows are the ones with kids because you never knoe ehat they are going to say. I did like the episode with Jared Leto, what a babe.

#68 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

Did anyone catch her show recently with the cute little boy who looked like a little girl? he played piano like you just could not believe. he was pretty funny because his mouth never stopped talking. Even Ellen was surprised. I think some of her best shows are the ones with kids because you never knoe ehat they are going to say. I did like the episode with Jared Leto, what a babe.

I did not catch the show but I have to agree with you. Some of the best shows are the ones with the kids and I am there smiling from ear like a silly girl myself. I am going to see if I can find the show and share my views. Even though some of the kids might be a little too chatty, Ellen finds a way to make it sweet and funny. Some she actually makes look better than they are.

There was a recent show with Meryl and a few more stars I would like to see. There was also one with Nicki that I had to rush out without seeing. I have a lot of catching up to do but one thing I am sure of is that I will me smiling or laughing out loud some time during the show.

#69 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

Although I have no problem with her sexual orientation, and some of her voice work is cute (like Dory the fish), I just can't stand her talk show. She's too flashy and the dancing and acting like the audience are her best friends is just too cheesy for my tastes. Then she has to bribe everyone with gift bags. Why is that necessary if you have a decent show?

#70 Lushlala

Lushlala

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

I just love Ellen the person. I like her vibe, her sense of humour and she radiates this lovely personality that I find infectious :)

#71 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

I just love Ellen the person. I like her vibe, her sense of humour and she radiates this lovely personality that I find infectious :)

I agree to a large extent. I don't know what she's like in the real world, but she sure comes across as a genuine person. I am surprise Primmaclaws "hates" the talk show. I just see her show appear and I am smiling. It's like you have no choice but to join in the fun ride. 

As it relates to the gift giving , I am seeing something completely different from PrimalClaws. It's all about perspective I suppose. 

#72 Lushlala

Lushlala

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:53 AM

I suppose it's a case of "different folks, different strokes", Silverfox. What works for me, may not necessarily work for the next person for whatever reason. I don't know Ellen personally, but each time I see her on TV, I like her more. She cracks me up, plus she has such a positive vibe about her (well, I suppose we all would if we had all her money LOL) I absolutely loved her on American Idol, too :)

Edited by Lushlala, 19 January 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#73 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:45 PM

Lushlala, you spoke about here being on American Idol? Was this as guest judge or something and was this a recent thing? A very long time ago I have vague recollections of her being a guest judge or something like that. I used to be such an American Idol girl back in the Simon days but these days I struggle to maintain a real interest. That's a discussion for another thread. Back to Helen and the smiles. She is quite refreshing. 

The last time I watched a live show or part thereof, she gave 10k to two brothers who were gay who sent their dad a video to let him know. About the gifts of money; I need her number :).

Edited by Silverfox, 26 January 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#74 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

Who are some of your favorite Ellen guests? I like Sophia Grace and any time she plays pranks on celebs. I liked it when she showed Kristen Bell a sloth. She totally lost it! It was such a funny moment.