• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I haven't watched Shameless or Girls either. You are right, Sunday nights are a nightmare TV freaks like me

I've seen a few episodes of Girls. Lena's character Hannah is my least favorite but I love the show. It makes me feel better about myself lol

#2 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Girls: Lena's obsession with her own nudity is annoying. I get it, you embrace your body the way it is but it doesn't mean we all want to see it in every episode. Other than that, last night's episode was another good episode. Did you know the actress who plays Marnie is Brian Williams' daughter?

Enlightened: I missed the second episode last week, but I still watched last night's episode which was Levi centric. Another strong episode for a very underrated show. I wish more people would give this show a chance. Sooo good!

#3 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Did you hear about Howard Stern calling her fat? He apologized but what a douche move

I had no idea Marnie is played by Brain Williams daughter. I love Marnie the most. She is suffering from extreme self esteem issues since she lost her job. More than Hannah on her bad day. There is no way she thinks that "artist" is a genius

Edited by Bittersweet, 28 January 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#4 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Girls

This show is made up of all awful people except Shoshonna who is constantly adorable.

Hannah was a horrible friend to Manie but Jessa was just awful to the Jewish guy. He is not a Humanitarian but he doesn't deserve Jessa. She is an idiot for demanding only 30 thousand. Aim higher girl

I want Manie to find happiness but it won't be with the wee one. Ditch him and go after your man. Teach that rude bitch a lesson

#5 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Ugh!

Hannah was wearing the most unflattering outfit. And behaved in the most outrageous way possible. Joshua should NOT have found her attractive at all. Unless he's been sex deprived for a long time, that was totally unreal

I know Lena is comfortable with her body but she doesn't need to be naked for an entire episdoe

Edited by Bittersweet, 10 February 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#6 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm a few episodes behind but I had to chime in on the episode "Another Man's Trash." It was a completely self indulgent episode, as in all about Lena's fantasies. But I got it. I really, really got it. What woman wouldn't want to have a fling with a man who is much hotter than her at least once in her lifetime? That's where the episode hit me personally which is probably why I loved it so much. It was honest in a very unrealistic way. Easily one of my favorite episodes of the series to date.

Edited by iambre, 19 February 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#7 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm a few episodes behind but I had to chime in on the episode "Another Man's Trash." It was a completely self indulgent episode, as in all about Lena's fantasies. But I got it. I really, really got it. What woman wouldn't want to have a fling with a man who is much hotter than her at least once in her lifetime? That's where the episode hit me personally which is probably why I loved it so much. It was honest in a very unrealistic way. Easily one of my favorite episodes of the series to date.

I got it too but I am so over her nakedness. It has crossed the line into obnoxious

If it were my fantasy I'd have picked a better looking guy in a different profession. I work with doctors, they are asses

#8 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I just roll my eyes when Lena is naked and when she wears the most ridiculous outfits that does nothing for her shape.

We get it, Lena! You are proud of your body but there is a way to dress without looking like a hot mess. The summer outfits she's sporting this season are all 2-3 sizes too small.

I disagree about Patrick Wilson, he's hot! I thought he was perfect for the role.

Edited by iambre, 19 February 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#9 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

I am so tired of watching Girls because I am tired of seeing Lena's lady parts. 

The sex with that guy in the woods was gross. 

#10 BBFanAlways

BBFanAlways

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Girls : I want to take a moment to now down to Marnie's greatness. The girl can belt out a fine tune. It says a lot about the crowd that they didn't see the brilliance of her performance. Charlie looked so hot. Love the beard

Hannah and Q-tip was disgusting. And can she clean up a bit. She looked like she needed a shower

#11 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Marnie singing Kanye's "Stronger" was the highlight of a full on cringeworthy episode. Charlie will break her heart to pieces. I've seen this story many times and even experienced it. He will never trust her again with his heart after she broke up with him the first time. They will have their moments but their relationship will never be what it was before the first break up. What they have now is just sex until one person finds someone new and interesting or simply get tired of the emotional roller coaster. There's no coming back from that IMO.

Hannah sliding her fat butt across the floor and then getting a splinter made me LOL. I found that more disturbing than the q-tip.

I like the character Shoshanna but she would drive me absolutely insane if I knew her in real life. I was so distracted by that larger than life bun sitting on the top of her head like that.

I'm reading different places and some people feel like Adam assaulted his girlfriend while others say he did not. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't think it was forced but in the context of the whole scene I'd say his behavior was aggressive. Anyhow, I definitely felt like there was an immediate change in Adam after running into Hannah.

#12 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

I didn't even think about the sex being anything other than aggressive and humiliating  sex until I saw someone question if it was rape on twitter. Adam has very little respect for women and his sex life with Hannah was just like what he exhibited with this girl. Hannah made some complains after the fact but she was up for it all the time but I got the impression he would have disregarded her wishes if she tried to stop him to stop like this girl did. Adam is a freak and I don't mean that as a compliment

I hope Charlie doesn't break her heart. I like Marnie. She paid for the way she broke up with him when she dated that artist who used her as an experiment. I like his new look. Maybe if he looked like that while they were dating, Marnie wouldn't have gotten bored and dumped him. And money too. But she dated him for years when he didn't have money so that is not an issue 

I loved loved her performance. Why didn't they clap for her. What kind of crowd was that lol

Edited by Cybagem, 12 March 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#13 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

I know I shouldn't invest in Marnie and Carlie again because of 

Marnie singing Kanye's "Stronger" was the highlight of a full on cringeworthy episode. Charlie will break her heart to pieces. I've seen this story many times and even experienced it. He will never trust her again with his heart after she broke up with him the first time. They will have their moments but their relationship will never be what it was before the first break up. What they have now is just sex until one person finds someone new and interesting or simply get tired of the emotional roller coaster. There's no coming back from that IMO.

Everything said here but I can't help it. I find them more root worthy now than I did post breakup 

I wish Mernie had pretend to leave when she went to check on Hannah. Prevented her from hacking her hair. That girl is certifiable 

#14 BBFanAlways

BBFanAlways

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Adam running shirtless to Hannah's and the dramatic background music. 

We are officially in the camp

#15 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

My first thought after the episode ended...

Hannah doesn't deserve an Adam.

#16 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Adam is too strange to be deserved by anyone lol

Edited by Cybagem, 17 March 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#17 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

I agree that Adam's strange guy but he seems like a caring person underneath a rough exterior which I find endearing. I guess that's what I mean about Hannah doesn't deserve that part of Adam. She takes and emotionally drains people with her selfishness. I don't feel bad for her because she's having an emotional breakdown. After watching the episode a second time, I realize that Hannah's problem is that she doesn't want to accept responsibility. This meltdown of hers was triggered by the pressure of having a book deal and not delivering on her promise. So instead of pushing through, she's sunken into self pity and self destruction and wants everyone to feel sorry for her. Hannah's a spoiled brat who needs to grow up and stop waiting for her parents and other people to bail her out. Even I'm tired of listening to her excuses.

I was wrong about my opinion of Marti and Charlie but we'll see how happily ever after they'll be next season.

#18 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

It is strange that Hannah's condition was never mentioned until 2 episodes ago. Hannah who likes nothing better than to wallow in her selfishness would have used her OCD to best people who didn't fall into line of self pity

I can't believe people liked the shirtless run. After last week, it ranked of writer manipulation. Oh look, caveman Adam is really caring on the inside" swoon. 

But the reason the direction the character took didn't work for me was because cuddling Hannah isn't going to do her any good. The spoiled brat needs to grow up and dilever on her responsibilities 

Edited by Bittersweet, 18 March 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#19 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Looks like Charlie and Marnie forever is done. 

Christopher Abbott Leaving Girls: Report

Girls might be down one cute guy.

Christopher Abbott, who plays Marnie's boyfriend Charlie Dattolo, has left the HBO series, according to the New York Post.

The report suggests Abbott and series creator Lena Dunham may have been butting heads. Abbott's rep did not address that, but did confirm that Abbott's departure to the Post. {C}

"[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire Girls cast and crew, but right now he's working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show," the rep said.

If Abbott and Dunham, 26, were at odds, it's a recent development. In an interview with GQ last year, Abbott professed a like-mindedness with Dunham.

"I met Lena during the auditions and we hung out a couple of times before [shooting], so that was cool," he said. "I felt we spoke the same language. Lena chose people with the sort of energy that would lead to a casual and freeing environment."

HBO had no comment.

#20 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'll take a recast. They can say he had plastic surgery. He has the money to afford it