• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'll take a recast. They can say he had plastic surgery. He has the money to afford it 

He was the only one on the show I liked; I don't know that a recast will be able to pull that off.

I didn't find Girls to be the be all in Season 1, but man, they definitely had a sophomore slump. You could definitely tell that Christopher Abbott wasn't having fun, his character had the world at his feet but he looked bored out of his  mind.

#22 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

I liked him and Marty the most. I like Shoshana too but in a different way

The only Girls feedback I get is this little thread, was season 2 ill received by critics? The finale with Adam running through the rain to cuddle Hannah was insulting IMO

Everyone loves Lena too much to be too harsh. I watched it as a marathon once I got HBO again (for Game of Thrones, natch...Girls is not worth the extra $$ if not paired with something else). There was way too much Hannah and not enough of Shoshana and Marnie. It was even worse than what SATC used to do in terms of all Carrie instead of putting on the other ladies.

I don't think the writing was that cutting edge either. Basically, I think it's getting props b/c she's young and writing it and she's not like model attractive and willing to be naked. It was all over the place this year though. I especially did not enjoy the OCD storyline that Hanna had. She's not a strong enough actor to play out a mental illness storyline w/o it being like a joke (based on her acting choices).

#23 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Jessa is angry as ever. Her tirade at the group was too mean spirited to be funny.

She made up for it by going down of fat Laura. It was practically charity.

Did anyone get the feeling that Mernie was crushing on Adam when he told his super romantic story? There was this look in her eyes, as if she was seeing him for the first time.

#24 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

The pregnant ex is the one Adam had rough sex with that was borderline rape. I don't remember them getting together again after that coupling.

#25 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

I liked him and Marty the most. I like Shoshana too but in a different way

The only Girls feedback I get is this little thread, was season 2 ill received by critics? The finale with Adam running through the rain to cuddle Hannah was insulting IMO

#26 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

The writing is not cutting edge. Unless hooking up with random guys and exposing yourself, because you are that conformable with your body, is edgy. Plus wearing the most ugliest assemble of clothing ever.

I hate Hannah the most. She has not one redeeming quality about her. She used to be a good friend until she screwed over Mernie at that disastrous dinner party this season. 

I agree she shouldn't have included a mental illness for Hannah. Not only she is not capable of playing such depth but it came out of the left field. There wasn't a hint of a mental illness all through season one and the first half of season two and then bam! Hanna is OCD. Bitch please. A good writer would have sown seeds for such a big characterization of its main lead 

I wonder why Abbott/Charlie is leaving. I hope the real reason comes out one day. Maybe he hated growing facial hair 

Edited by Cybagem, 07 April 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#27 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Basically, I think it's getting props b/c she's young and writing it and she's not like model attractive and willing to be naked. It was all over the place this year though. I especially did not enjoy the OCD storyline that Hanna had. She's not a strong enough actor to play out a mental illness storyline w/o it being like a joke (based on her acting choices).

Pretty much. She's not a stereotype and yet she's willing to get naked, so that's where a lot of the attention is coming from, I think.

And as for the OCD bit, I agree. It was mostly just awkward and made me uncomfortable to watch. I know they were trying to have a little fun with it, but it really didn't work for me.

#28 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Her bravado is very commendable. Especially in this day and age where stars get grieve for having a shadow of a cellulite

But just because she is brave enough to bare all doesn't make her a genius in her field. I can't wait for the novelty to wear off  

Edited by Cybagem, 03 May 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#29 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

Season 3 premieres January 12th at 10PM. Such a shame that Charlie was dropped from the show - I liked him.

BafnSpMCIAAcEVA.jpg

#30 BBFanAlways

BBFanAlways

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

He and Marnie were soul mates. Who is she going to have bad sex with now.

#31 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Adam is a daddy. God be with the poor child if he decides to be in his life. His ex is as crazy as he is. Picture Hanna as a stepmom. Oy.

Mernie breaks my heart. She was happy and in love before the break. I hope the explanation is good. I'll miss Charlie.

Jessa is angry as ever. Her tirade at the group was too mean spirited to be funny.

#32 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

I thought Adam is a daddy scene ended up being a cruel joke to get a reaction out of him from his ex-gf and her friend. I never thought Natalia felt completely comfortable with Adam in the first place. I don't remember, did they break up on or off camera?

Jessa is annoying and now that she's back, I realize that she wasn't missed when she written off most of last season due to maternity leave. She'll probably get her shit together when Hannah starts to fall apart again.

I wasn't feeling Marnie either. I hope we don't get a full season of her being sad and depressed. Best way to get over an old love is to find a new love.

Shoshanna cracks me up. Her voice is grating, but she's the only comic relief.

#33 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

The 3rd episode was a weird. Mernie's music video being the highlight says it all.

They spent way too much time on Hannah's birthday party. 

#34 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

I loved Jennifer Westfeldt character. She one of my favorite guest stars on Girls so far. The character was nutty fun. Also, she looks so pretty.

Hanna must make it a point to buy the most unflattering clothes on the rack. 

Good for Hanna kicking Caroline out of her home. The Flowers in the Attic vibe was too pronounced for  my taste.

Mernie is kinda a bitch to sleep with Shoshanna's ex.  

#35 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

I am a few episodes behind because the hairy bush scared me away. I don't have anything against a hairy bush but that is one thing I don't need to see on TV. I also don't like how pitiful Marnie is written and Jessa is super annoying. Maybe I'm just bored with trying to relate to this show anymore.

#36 BBFanAlways

BBFanAlways

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

I am a few episodes behind because the hairy bush scared me away. I don't have anything against a hairy bush but that is one thing I don't need to see on TV. I also don't like how pitiful Marnie is written and Jessa is super annoying. Maybe I'm just bored with trying to relate to this show anymore.

What hairy bush? I was more disturbed my the incestuous vibe between Adam and his equally sick sister.

#37 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

I really wanted to watch this show. A friend of mine on Facebook mentioned that she loved discovering that she has got a new TV show to watch, and as I live for TV shows I enquired about it and she told me that it was Girls. I looked it up and it didn't seem like my type of thing at all.

#38 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Lena's character is also my least favorite. I loved Jessa in the first two seasons, but now she's just sad. I wonder why they took that direction for her character. I do have a rich friend like her who is in rehab just to appease her parents. It is a realistic story line, but I miss the wild Jessa!

#39 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

I am so so sick of seeing Lena's naked body. It is not pretty. Please cover up when you don't have to be exposed. I don't know what she is trying to prove. Whatever it is, she's gotten her point across.

I realize I love Marnie the best. She tries. Hannah just leeches and acts like a prick all the while.

Jessa is a robber. Shoshanna is hilarious but she doesn't do much since she broke up with Ray

Edited by DareDevil, 03 March 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#40 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

I am so so sick of seeing Lena's naked body. It is not pretty. Please cover up when you don't have to be exposed. I don't know what she is trying to prove. Whatever it is, she's gotten her point across.

I have no problem with her body. I wouldn't dare say that she's not pretty and it's commendable that she is willing to expose it when she doesn't fit the standard "size 0, super skinny, model-esque" image. 

At the same time, I AM sick of it at this point. There's no real reason for it half the time and it doesn't add anything to the plot any more. It doesn't even count for shock value any more, I don't think.