• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Agreed, Hannah's nakedness is no longer shocking.

Lena is trolling us and it's working. I am done talking about it.

Critics and fans really liked season 3, but I thought it was okay. I am looking forward to next season if Hannah actually goes to grad school. I read somewhere that University of Iowa denied requests from HBO to film there.

I've added Shoshanna to my annoying list with Jessa. Marti has one more season to get her act together before I add her to the list too. Being thirsty and sleeping with Ray was just awful, but I like the character enough to turn a blind eye to her hot messness.

I wonder if Adam will even be on the show next season since the actor is rumored to be in the next Star Wars movie.

#42 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

I wonder if Adam will even be on the show next season since the actor is rumored to be in the next Star Wars movie.

My first thought was "god, I wouldn't care if they got rid of him one bit..." 

But then I realized how many other annoying characters there are, too, so what difference would it make if it wasn't there? The others would just get more annoying screen time to themselves. 

#43 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

I wanted them to get rid of Adam after that almost rape or rape or whatever he did to that girl. I wanted to throw up when he run, Fabio style, through town to Hannah's apartment to save her life. Doubly blech.

I am behind on my viewing but like Marti the most. I've seen the hookup with Ray and it didn't change my opinion of her. I wish it had went somewhere though. The way they were brutally hones with each other was rather refreshing.

Shoshanna didn't much the first half of the season. It might change but I hardly noticed her presence.

Jessa's addiction was boring. 

Hannah is just gross.

#44 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

I would have broken with Hannah if I were Adam and she pulled that role play crap on me. It should have ended after the guy slapped Adam thinking he was abusing Hannah. Had to laugh at her grandma underwear when she was trying so hard to be a sex kitten. That made me genuinely laugh out loud.

Please give Jessa one redeeming quality. She is all around awful now. Her sarcastic humor is no more.

#45 Nicole

Nicole

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

I didn’t like the addiction storyline with Jessa either. Mostly because of her relationship with that man and the confrontation with his daughter (even though I love Felicity Jones.) But I thought they left her storyline in an interesting place by the end of the season. I know my answer might be controversial but Adam and Jessa are my favorite characters on the show. Despite the fact that they both do and say awful, awful things. In all fairness, Adam didn’t become a favorite until the latter half of season 2. Nonetheless, I can still stand those two far more than the rest. I like Ray too.

Edited by Nicole, 08 April 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#46 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

I wanted to hate GIrls, but it is worth the shot. Give season 1 a try! I think it is their best season ever so far. I didn't really like season 3 too much and felt like it flew by. It could be that there wasn't a lot of Jessa in this season so it didn't hold my interest. 

#47 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

I wanted to hate GIrls, but it is worth the shot. Give season 1 a try! I think it is their best season ever so far. I didn't really like season 3 too much and felt like it flew by.

I think Season 1 was good. At this point, though, I almost fell like they should've just ended up the show there. I hated this last season. And I hated the plot line before that focused on Hannah's OCD stuff. It just didn't feel real and they seem to be stretching for ideas now. I was pleasantly surprised by Season 1 being so entertaining but no longer recommend it as a show unfortunately. :(

#48 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

I wanted to hate GIrls, but it is worth the shot. Give season 1 a try! I think it is their best season ever so far. I didn't really like season 3 too much and felt like it flew by. It could be that there wasn't a lot of Jessa in this season so it didn't hold my interest. 

I watched the first episode, but it just didn't do anything for me. I don't find it funny either, but then again I have only seen that very first episode. So what do I know?

I read the synopsis on a website, and it sounded a little off from there. But I still gave it a shot. I want that forty minutes of my life back :P

#49 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

This is like the most annoying Show ever next to weeds; I 've never hated aa main character as much as I hated Hannah... aaaaarh!!!

#50 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

Am I the only one who was totally excited when Patrick Wilson was on Girls? I love him and think he is so handsome, but like most viewers, I found it a little hard to believe that he would fall for Hannah. It just seemed like he was out of her league. Is that mean of me to say out loud?

#51 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:49 PM

Am I the only one who was totally excited when Patrick Wilson was on Girls? I love him and think he is so handsome, but like most viewers, I found it a little hard to believe that he would fall for Hannah. It just seemed like he was out of her league. Is that mean of me to say out loud?

You weren't. His appearance was wasted on Hanna.

It felt like the writer fulfilling her fantasy with the actor. 

#52 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

Haha Bittersweet! So true! I forgot that she was running the show. I guess I would do the same thing but with Michael Vartan! His appearance was totally wasted on Hanna. There was no one else in that episode. They should have stretched it out over the course of a couple of episodes.

#53 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

I haven't read her book and I don't plan on reading it after reading about this\

http://www.buzzfeed....ex-abuse-claims

She herself states in the book she molested her 7 years old sister, turns around and gets mad when people say she molested her sister.

Is she stupid or what.

#54 Erin

Erin

Cordial

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

I haven't read her book and I don't plan on reading it after reading about this\

http://www.buzzfeed....ex-abuse-claims

She herself states in the book she molested her 7 years old sister, turns around and gets mad when people say she molested her sister.

Is she stupid or what.

That passage screen caped is a disturbing read. What I find more disturbing is, she doesn't see anything wrong with her behavior. To point where she included it in her book, in the way she did. She used some interesting words to describe the things she did and thought it is okay. As did her publishing house.

#55 ConcertoNo21

ConcertoNo21

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

You guys don't like Adam? I love how he metas everything by pointing out how ridiculous and over-the-top everyone is acting while still being such a weirdo himself. His comments in the Roadtrip episode where they go and get Jessa from rehab was hilarious too me. Maybe I'm just making shit up in my head?

Marti is the most annoying character to me, she has no personality and only whines but I think she gets a free pass with a lot of people because she's so hot. At least the other girls are super weird or something.

#56 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

You weren't. His appearance was wasted on Hanna.

It felt like the writer fulfilling her fantasy with the actor. 

Yup, but I loved the appearance by Patrick.

#57 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

You guys don't like Adam? I love how he metas everything by pointing out how ridiculous and over-the-top everyone is acting while still being such a weirdo himself. His comments in the Roadtrip episode where they go and get Jessa from rehab was hilarious too me. Maybe I'm just making shit up in my head?

Marti is the most annoying character to me, she has no personality and only whines but I think she gets a free pass with a lot of people because she's so hot. At least the other girls are super weird or something.

Aww, I love Marti. She can sing!

Adam is too smeary for my taste. I got strong incestuous vibes from him and his sister.

#58 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hahaha Cybagem!   :lol: Have any Girls fans bought or read Lena's book? So far I've only heard of how everyone is upset over how much money she made for the book deal and how they all claimed that she did something funny with her younger sister. I haven't heard anything positive about her writing. 

#59 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:01 AM

Hahaha Cybagem!   :lol: Have any Girls fans bought or read Lena's book? So far I've only heard of how everyone is upset over how much money she made for the book deal and how they all claimed that she did something funny with her younger sister. I haven't heard anything positive about her writing. 

The quote above was more than enough for me. It made me crave a hot shower after reading it.

#60 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

Agreed, Hannah's nakedness is no longer shocking.

Lena is trolling us and it's working. I am done talking about it.

Critics and fans really liked season 3, but I thought it was okay. I am looking forward to next season if Hannah actually goes to grad school. I read somewhere that University of Iowa denied requests from HBO to film there.

I've added Shoshanna to my annoying list with Jessa. Marti has one more season to get her act together before I add her to the list too. Being thirsty and sleeping with Ray was just awful, but I like the character enough to turn a blind eye to her hot messness.

Quoting myself...

BAM! All it took was one episode to add Marnie to my annoying list. If sleeping with Ray wasn't bad enough, she had move on to another man with a girlfriend. Really, Marnie? I'm over her. 

With Hannah and Adam living apart for most of the season, I am expecting an infidelity storyline for some reason but I hope I'm wrong. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Hannah in a new environment. I know Hannah will be annoying and selfish as usual but it would be nice to see some character growth while she's a way at grad school.

I need more from Jessa and Shoshanna this season. Jessa showing compassion was a good start and I get Shoshanna now after seeing her dysfunctional parents.

I can't say the word unconscionable neither, lol!