• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

What do you guys think of the new The Voice? Do you prefer the latest incarnation which features Usher and Shakira as judges? Or do you prefer the original version where Cee-Lo Green and Christina Aguilera inhabited those two slots? I kind of like Christina over Shakira. But like Usher over Cee-Lo.

#2 Kementarri

Kementarri

Cordial

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I would definitely have to agree with you on the Christina over Shakira. I don't really care for Shakira or her music, and I find some of Christina's music to not be half bad. Considering Christina's place in the music world, I would definitely prefer to see her as the judge. As for Cee-Lo.... I cannot stand him! So putting Usher in place there is a lot more tolerating for me. 

I wouldn't mind watching this new season, just to see what the judges do with the new contestants. 

#3 LadyNightowl

LadyNightowl

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

I prefer Usher over Cee Lo and I actually love Shakira and wish she would stay. I am not a fan of Christina's because of her attitude on the show although she has plenty of experience and is a decent mentor/judge. This is the highest rated season so these judges seem to be keeping the viewers turned in. Of course, it helps that the talent is amazing. We won't be seeing the "old judges" back until mid 2014 and, by then, it will be tough to get used to them again, especially Cee Lo. he's really creepy!

#4 Decadence

Decadence

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

I think this change is good, it keeps the show fresh and will certainly keep people watching. While I do miss Christina, I can't say that I was really burdened by the loss. I'm sure we'll see all of them again and by then, we'll be able to view the show as a whole from a variety of different opinions and views. I'd like to see an American Idol crossover though! With Paula Abdul popping up to give her two cents.

#5 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

I like the show because the singers on it tend to have quite a bit of talent, and it's cool to see the stars mentoring them a bit. Can you imagine being coached by a platinum award winning artist? It would be priceless.

#6 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

I haven't watched the show much since the first season. One thing I didn't like was the format changes, for instance a judge can choose to steal another judge's contestant, it's confusing and I preferred the original concept. Also, I think it was a huge mistake replacing Christina and Cee Lo. Usher was okay, but Shakira didn't do much for me. Hopefully, the show will get better once Christina and Cee Lo return.

#7 hogwarts

hogwarts

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

I agree about Christina over Shakira. I thought she gave better feedback. I think Usher and Cee Lo are equal for me (I don't really care about either of them, to be honest). Adam will forever be the best judge for me, but that's also because I'm an epic Maroon 5 fan (and also because he's incredibly good-looking). I think this show is definitely better than American Idol, in my opinion! It's more entertaining, at the very least.

#8 Realitytv

Realitytv

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

I like Shakira and Christina cause they're so good and talented and cute. Who wouldn't love to watch them? I think they make the show better by being judges on there than the other team. I love this show. I like Adam Levine too. This is a great show just like American Idol. We need more shows like this. I love to hear different people trying to sing and trying to go somewhere with their singing career. Wow, this show amazes me all the time. It's one of the most entertaining show on TV for sure. 

#9 SJ77

SJ77

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

I really liked both sets of judges. I thought that Cee-Lo was really funny. But I think that Usher is a great coach. He really doesn't mess around and gets straight to the point. I would find him kind of intimidating. I like Christina, but I prefer Shakira. But they both seem like nice people. I love Blake and Adam and I always enjoy the banter between the judges when they are fighting for contestants. I would have a tough time choosing a coach if I could sing well on that show. Between Blake, Adam and Usher, there is just too much eye candy!! I love The Voice. I'm excited for the next season. 

#10 Darshanice

Darshanice

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Did I miss something? It looks like Christina and Cee-lo are back, so what did they just leave to lose weight? I mean did anyone else know they were coming back? 

#11 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

I haven't watched The Voice since right around  the time my friend's daughter was on the show, Erin Willet. She was with team Blake. Erin, no doubt has a very good voice and she is diverse as a musician. Back then, Christina and Cee-Low  along with Adam, were judges as well. 

Thank you everyone for sharing the updates. I'm interested in seeing how Usher is doing as a judge, now. 

#12 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

SO I can honestly say that I have sat down and watched this show, when there had been nothing else on TV to watch. And is it me or are the caliber of singers on this show really bad? Even when hey are amped up to be some of the best singers in the competition, they are shaky with their vocals and just not all that good. Every time I tune in to watch this show the standard isn't very good, unlike with X factor and shows like that.

#13 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

SO I can honestly say that I have sat down and watched this show, when there had been nothing else on TV to watch. And is it me or are the caliber of singers on this show really bad? Even when hey are amped up to be some of the best singers in the competition, they are shaky with their vocals and just not all that good. Every time I tune in to watch this show the standard isn't very good, unlike with X factor and shows like that.

Really? I think the talent is pretty on par with the other shows. Perhaps not always in the blind audition stage. I don’t necessarily think the actually winner is always the most talented vocalist.

I really like Blake, but I seriously hope a different coach and genre wins this season. I thought Usher did a good job with his artists, but I won’t miss him. I didn’t care for his comments or interaction with the other judges. However, I thought Shakira was a refreshing change. She was very likeable. Nonetheless, Christina is entertaining to watch.

#14 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

I just read where Christina, Cee-Lo and Blake are coming back for the new season beginning Oct. 8. Adam of course, is staying.  I will be good to see them all back. I will be cool if they added Shikira and Usher to the new season.I guess that they couldn't work it out with their schedules. I like Christina and Cee-Lo because they are very supportive of how hard these musicians are working. 

Another thing that I like about Cee-Lo is that he backed Amy Winehouse. Her pain was in her music and I very much connected with that. Pain enables a lot of musicians to be talented in hitting the vocal gymnastics. RIP Amy Winehouse!

#15 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

Really? I think the talent is pretty on par with the other shows. Perhaps not always in the blind audition stage. I don’t necessarily think the actually winner is always the most talented vocalist.

I really like Blake, but I seriously hope a different coach and genre wins this season. I thought Usher did a good job with his artists, but I won’t miss him. I didn’t care for his comments or interaction with the other judges. However, I thought Shakira was a refreshing change. She was very likeable. Nonetheless, Christina is entertaining to watch.

Sometimes my mother will be watching the show in the lounge and I will just be walking through, and I will hear someone singing, and they sound really shaky and what not. Bearing in mind that these people are not in the first round anymore, so they shouldn't be sounding that bad. I don't know. My sister agrees with me on this, that most of these contestants, at later stages in the Voice competition, are not up to standard at all. Maybe it is just our ears though lol.

#16 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

I never thought I would say this but I’m happy Christina is back. Her team is also shaping us quite nicely. I’m looking forward to Ed Sheeran helping her mentor during the battle rounds. I think Matthew & James were the strongest audition of the night. James was my absolute favorite from the night though. Since he went with Adam, I’m leaning towards team Adam so far.

#17 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

I watched the Blind auditions last night, on Hulu. It's nice to have all the old judges back. Ceel-lo had tattooed the top of  his head. Christine lost weight and is more beautiful. Two talented young singers, advanced to the seimi-finals. Chirstine chose one and Blake chose the other one. Very nice!

#18 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I don’t think her beauty is contingent on her weight. I actually think she looks way too overdone on the show most days. But I’m happy she is back. She is not my favorite judge, but it is entertaining to watch her on the show. I’m also happy to see Cee Lo return. The dynamic between the original four judges is a lot more compelling.

#19 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I have to agree with Monique, Christina is beautiful, no matter her weight. I think it's sick society, automatically deems someone prettier, just because they've lost weight. :huh:  As for health though, sure she seems to be living a healtheir lifestyle.

Moving on :) , I'm glad the original team of judges are back together, I didn't mind Shakira but I think Christina has a lot more credibility and experience to offer as a judge. As for Usher, I'm probably the only one who doesn't care for him. My favorite judge however, has to be Blake, he always goes above and beyond for those on his team.

#20 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

What does everyone think about the battle round wins thus far?  I am pretty pleased with most of them, and Adam was so stupid to get rid of Will over James!  James was over singing and almost screaming a majority of that song, and the Judges didn't even critique his singing just the way he looked.  Christina, however, saw what I saw/heard, and I was so happy when she stole him. 

I think Blake was playing games with his critiques, so he could make a steal or mess with the other judges.  Some of them were just ridiculous, and so I think it was him playing reverse psychology at times. :huh: :lol:  I am excited to see tonight because I already saw a preview of Josh, and I suggest everyone head over and listen too.  

As for the return of Christina, this is called The Voice, and Christina can sing her butt off.   Shakira is a performer not a vocal coach, and I was very unhappy when they brought her on as a judge, but in the long run, I see fun Christina back again.  Even Adam and Christina are back to their cutesy teasing stage, and I missed that. 

I'm over it, but as someone who grew up singing and belonged to a conservatory, I am sticking with watching this group of judges.  Still, this is the one show I expected more out of because of the title of the show.  My only beef is maybe getting rid of CeeLo and adding Kelly Clarkson in there to even out the male to female ratio on the panel.         

Edited by DVRJunkie, 28 October 2013 - 01:46 PM.